rfactor 2 Still The King.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Mar 7, 2019.

1. LilSki

LilSki Registered

AC has canned effects yes. But guess what? you can turn them all off if you want. When you turn them all off you are simply getting signal from rack forces and nothing more. The road effect is simply a multiplier. Nothing else is added.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  2. boxer

boxer Registered

Hi LisSki is there a guide available that shows what to turn off? or any other link link to help...

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Very true. But I would like to turn up spindle weight without clipping.

4. LilSki

LilSki Registered

Kerb, Slip, and ABS are the 3 canned effects. For example Kerb just vibrates the wheel to the settings defined for the curb surface. Turn those 3 down and there will be no more canned effects. Road effect is the multiplier to the rack forces.
    upload_2019-10-31_20-48-37.png

NOTE: These are not my settings. I use a steam controller on this machine and these were the wheel settings that were in there. I don't run any effects on my rig and about 30% road effect.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. boxer

boxer Registered

Thanks where do I find that? I don't see those options in affects.

the thing that turns me off AC is the feeling that I'm hanging by rope from the roof of the car.
    I wish I knew how to correct that.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. boxer

boxer Registered

Found it... it's under controls, advance settings.
    upload_2019-11-1_18-33-44.png

I think my settings where already set low.

7. Ermz

Ermz Registered

Agreed with the OP. Have been considering putting together a very similar review video, talking about rF2 in contrast to the competition.

From the moment I did my first lap in the shoddy launch content cars, I knew there was something here that none of the others got down. The response of the FFB was unreal, and for the first time actually felt similar to driving my actual car. Once the 397-era GT3 and laser-scanned track content started coming out, it was all over. I uninstalled every other sim I had. AC's GT3 cars felt like an awful joke, comparatively. Even recently, trying the new ACC '5-point' tyre model against rF2, it got uninstalled immediately. Nobody else seems to even be close when it comes to driving feel. It's a shame that the rF2 overall package and presentation is so haggard, because this game deserves to be king of the hill, and everybody should know it's the apex of publicly available racing sims.

geg, dylbie, Rui Santos and 1 other person like this.
  8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Any GT3 cars and track combo you recommend? Tried a few (Vantage GT3 and 720 Shadow in Donington, Sebring) but like there's some lacking road feel.

9. Ermz

Ermz Registered

If you're after mega feel, I'd actually recommend the Porsche 991 GTE car, and either Sebring or the Nordschleife. Super visceral.

With the GT3s, the 720S is my favourite, but if you want to feel the car doing some more interesting stuff you can try the 911 GT3, or if you really want to battle it try the new 911 GT3 Cup car, which is just awful with its tendency to both power-on understeer and lift-off oversteer.

In any case, none of the GT3s should be lacking any road feel at Sebring. Make sure you set the 'minimum torque' setting correctly for your wheel, otherwise the FFB won't defeat the inertia of the wheel for the low forces and you'll lose all the micro surface details. Also, FFB Smoothing should be off.

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

My settings have Gain-75, MinForce at 5, Smoothing at 0. Tried the 720S Shadow and Vantage again at Sebring, and does feel lacking and quite loose, unlike the feedback I notice in AMS. Might need a DD :)

11. doddynco

doddynco Registered

With you 100%.
    The problem with the new gt3 packs is that the ffb muliplier must be turned down a lot so the feedback signal doesn't clip. Any higher than 60% you're going to get massive clipping on long corners, regardless of what wheel you use.

12. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I updated my V2 Fanatec to the V2.5, which has a lot more road in hand feel now (very nice). This I noticed let's me feel the limit sooner. Also gives a better sense of speed. Before I had to get closers to clipping and over in some cases to feel this in the average corners.

13. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

When I turn up the road slider enough to start feel the spindle weight I get a buzzing feel in my v2.5. Any way to get more front end feel in the corners? I have a nice informative, heavy wheel in the straights.
    I've been reading through a lot of threads about other people who have the same problem in AC. Floaty is the common description. One guy said it was like driving with his seat tied to a rope from the roof. I have to agree at the point. No disrespect to AC intended. I would just like to enjoy all the mods.