XFinity Series

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Taris Henrique, May 30, 2018.

1. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Simply AMAZING!
    i was waiting this for a long time and now it's released. I'm very very happy!

2. machine

machine Registered

Alexandr Meshkov and Corti like this.
  3. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Nice mod, plan use it for my stockcar championship this spring. :)

4. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

which tracks, esp. Atlanta should i take ? In the one from steam workshop the AI is always pitting in the second lap.
    +
    mirrors are not adjustable with STRG+seat, thats so in many mods, why is that ?
    +

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  5. machine

machine Registered

The AI pitting early is more likely mod related, not track. There is a setting in the tyres that sets how much tyre wear before a car pits. It is set way to high. I will get to it at some stage. I have started work on this for the 2016 Skins mod, but there is a mass of testing to be done. And I just have so much going on in my life now. Try turning off tyre wear. It's painful, but really the only way to race against AI for now.

Akela_DE likes this.
  6. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Thx, but that 3rd lap pitting was only happening in Atlanta from steam workshop. Daytona was ok, made no changes, 20 laps, no pits.

7. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

try another track 1.5miles to see... Daytona don't consume so much tire... maybe this is why it don't happens in daytona.

8. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

i have just tried the 2016 mod from racedepartment in Atlanta, no problem with that.
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rf2-stockcar-ncr-2016-rfcmp-package-september-2-2016.9300/
    Isn't xfinity based on that ?
    And the AI is also not driving like a train, more gaps, some distance, 13 laps without pitting.

But, both mods look and feel really good. Need louder opponent sound ! :D

Aunt Edit: Xfinity, Atlanta - tire wear off helps. With normal tire wear, 3rd lap, pit, without tire wear >= 10 laps

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  9. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Must be mod related as Atlanta does wear out the tires faster being and old surface and was designed that way.

10. Jerry Hockett

Jerry Hockett Registered

anyone have the templates? tryed the dropbox but when i went to extract them it gave me a error?

11. Traveller

Traveller Member

The dropbox is a 29.9MB ZIP file for me. Inside the ZIP is a folder, Templates, which contains a number of RAR's. I can Open Archive the RARs or Extract Files from the RARs with 7-Zip.

12. Louis

Louis Registered

Im stuck with this mod (trying to uninstall) and could not find in workshop anything subscribed related to nascar infinity series
    It could be related to talladega install or being part from some dlc i have?

edit: or pehaps watkins glen?
    Is from same author

Attached Files:

• ws.png
      ws.png
      File size:
      18.7 KB
      Views:
    • tlld.png
      tlld.png
      File size:
      653.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  13. machine

machine Registered

Use the Launcher to check what other mod is locking it in. A Vmod can lock a car or track so it wont delete.

14. Louis

Louis Registered

Thank you, but it is not this problem. I can see the mod installed in the launcher saying it is a workshop item bu i´m not subscribed in any workshop item also did not find any vmod installed related to this mod.
    I will try deleting the folder from installed stuff. Cheers

15. Corti

Corti Registered

possibly some rest of multicomponent package, something similar happened to me with the Mini Challenge
    Look at here, c:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\~MASTEMP\
    ...if not remove it directly

Louis likes this.
  16. Louis

Louis Registered

Thank you. Will try later

17. Velox Patfox

Velox Patfox Registered

Hi, pls!
    Tryig that mod on Auto Club. IA set on 105% and reaching pole time about 40 secs. To me behavior is great. My question is my car that desnt matter what i do on gear ratios i cant reach 175~180 mph. I cant lower tire pressure. Any thoughts? Thx!

18. machine

machine Registered

Yes, tyre pressures are limited to what Nascar specifies in real life. Reason we do it, low tyre pressures increase grip but don't model the tyre damage you may get from running low. So it's like a cheat, lets say a hack to go faster.

As to speed, I manager 189mph on the straight and 40.3 seconds lap on my second lap.
    AI Set at 100% was where they were designed to be hard. AI at California tend to be hit and miss. 2 good AI can hook up together and run fast laps also. I just did 9 AI at 100%. I had a good fight. They can be easy to pass, and then come back at you.

Velox Patfox likes this.
  19. Velox Patfox

Velox Patfox Registered

Okay but clarify me some points. What California track you play? That made by Tchachalowsky or that called Apple Valley? I'll try that last to have sure that the track seems to be limiting my speed.

Other curious option how you can set not all pack of AI at 100% but only some? Did I understand correctly? Thanks again

20. machine

machine Registered

Apple Valley.
    I use, and a few leagues I know of use these tracks.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819086842
    Make sure to use the League Tracks update as it updates AI lines, especially Apple Valley AI is much improved. It is in the track list above.

As for AI strength 100%. There is variation. A skilled driver should be able to beat the best drivers in the field. A new driver may finish near the back. Like in real life, there is a difference in speed in the Xfinity mods drivers. This is programmed into the mod itself, separate from the AI strength setting. Leaders should begin to lap slower cars, 20-50 laps into races depending on race length. At Bristol AI can be separated by up to 5 laps over a race length of 150 laps.