Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

its very difficult car and gives a different surprise on every corner
    if you like surprises drive it
    if not frustration is huge.
    i use a thrustmater T150 cheap wheel with T3PA pro pedals.
    very steep learning curve to master that car

2. vitto

vitto Registered

we also need a bit of interpretation in the simulation, I mean: this machine delivers almost 500 horsepower, it doesn't have a TC so you have to dose the accelerator perfectly, (like the old historical cars you keep them with the accelerator) you can't use it too a bit impetuous and inaccurate as a car with TC allows. entering the curve if you leave the gas suddenly and completely, it enters oversteer, the same happens on exit if you give it too quickly.

2ndLastJedi and pkelly like this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I've made videos showing how well this car drives, (no aids) and I'm really surprised with some people's comments.
    I guess for the first 2 or 3 laps it was difficult but it really comes to you, I actually love constant corrections needed and it really takes fine inputs to keep it pointing the right direction.
    Default setup only requires small adjustment and it's good to go.
    This car is loads of fun.

TJones, OdeFinn, DrivingFast and 4 others like this.
  4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The handling and sound of this car have been much criticized.

I think this car is a new success for S397 (as usual).

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I've seen quite a few critical of it but also quite a few praise it. I think lots of people are just GT3 drivers and see this as GT3 Cup and assume it should drive like the GT3 or GTE car and bad mouth it when it's more challenging instead of learning to drive something other than GT3! Maybe drive the the Lola T280 and do some fast laps in that and then the Cup car will be a Breese ;)

6. Zopzodeman

Zopzodeman Registered

Looks like you are assuming people are either:
    a : too dumb to drive
    b: dont want a car without traction control
    c: cant handle cars without abs
    d: people are too dumb to know how a Cup-Porsche should drive
    Your post is pretty condescending. Youre sounding like a toxic fanboy.

If you check the workshop page of the cup , there are 3707 subscribers and for example the Puma GTE from the Reiza pack has 4360.
    To me it looks like its not a big seller...

VirusGR42 likes this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think that's really a measure of anything. Anyway, people have 2 hours to refund a car if they don't like it - and it often takes much longer than that to get a handle on a car.

Years ago Carrera cup came to Australia, and a guy with previous experience in the cars destroyed the rest of the field for over a year, till the rest finally worked the cars out. That doesn't prove anything either.

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Like me I think there are quite a few who got the Reiza pack for free for being part of the AMS backers program and then a whole heap who think paying $8 for one car is a bit much so trying to judge a cars accuracy based on how many people have bought it is a bit.... Let's say naive.
    Call me names all you want though, it really adds to your argument ;)

VirusGR42 and vitto like this.
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I personally have never drive a Cup car and have no idea how they should drive, all I know is I really enjoy driving this car and weather or not it's realistic or not is not for me to say.

pkelly and juanchioooo like this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

for me it is the best car in rfactor without a doubt ... I love it, I totally agree with you;):D:D:D

OdeFinn and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  11. oppolo

oppolo Registered

There are many others cars enjoyble like this one(panoz nsx 370.....) but without strange behaviour: unpredictability and tires apparently with more grip when cold.rf2 is a simulator that's why customers asking how real could be...maybe it s real, some review from real porsche cup pilots?

VirusGR42 and Zopzodeman like this.
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Much lowering of tyre pressure always does the trick to make it more drivable...this is also the case with the oversteery GTE cars, something is strange with rF2 tyres, since some months in my eyes, because i absolutely can't imagine, that tyre pressures around 115-129 Kpa in the Porsche Cup are normal, with resulting in about 145-150 Kpa warm pressure...this seems too much, i could be mistaken, but there is some serious expansion going on, in the tyres.

Especially your rears are f****d, if you are running default pressures about 3-4 laps on push.

This is something, i've encountered for most of the DLC cars.

13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

This behaviour was introduced with the first iteration of the Gte cars. The rear tyres heat up more than the front but don't loose temperature as fast as the fronts even if the car understeers more what results in more pressure and less grip at the rear.
    But that is not on all cars. Corvette Gt 3 and Aston Martin Gt 3 and Gte are fine for example

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A fixed volume of gas at 115kpa raised from 30 deg (C) to 100 deg, will be at 141.5kpa, based on my simple maths and understanding

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  15. CrimsonEminence

Ah okay, thx. The Cup runs at avg. 65°C here (no hard push) with 148 Kpa warm pressure...so it seems, it is too much indeed.^^

16. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

You see contact temps. Inside temps are higher. Check telemetry tools for carcass temperature.

17. CrimsonEminence

The tyres are struggling to reach 70° contact temps in the first place, with decent toe and low pressure, so the inside temp will not be that much higher...no way, they reach 100°C, for example...i will probably fire up i2 or so, soon, but there is no way, the inside temps are so much higher, at least with the Porsche Cup car.^^

18. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

for me the ideal temperature is between 60°+ and for the brakes (important) 400°+

19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

brakes needs that 400 celsium for sure or else we kiss the barriers

20. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Do you use Motec i2 pro or only read the ingame temperatures? In-game you can only see the surface temperature, which drops quickly on the straight lines and is well below the rubber temperature.