Garbled/Misaligned skin

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vantskruv, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Registered

I was racing multiplayer on a server, using a custom skin.
    The server was up several hours before the race began.
    I logged in 2-3 hours before racestart to practice, and the skin loaded okay.
    I logged out to take a break.

Logged in before the race started, and I did see another car which had my skin but, totally misaligned.
    Screenshot (26)_2.png

I logged out to try reload everything, and then my skin was replaced by another skin (even though I used my own skin), and it was also misaligned. I changed car and skin (in the game, not editing or removing any files manually), still garbled, and still the same skin. Could not do anything, and I had no time to restart rFactor 2.
    Screenshot (27)_2.png

I am not sure what the cause of this is, and I am not sure how to reset this bug (either by deleting files, or do something else).

Any tip would be nice to prevent, or temporary get rid of, this problem in the future.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

When I save the dds file, did I fix it if I had rotated it by editing something?...

Vantskruv likes this.
  3. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Registered

There is no problem with the dds file, I had not changed it after it did work, and did not change it before it did not work.
    Though, in the .rcd files, the "Skin" line referred to alt.mas:
    Skin = alt.mas

Maybe I should refer it to alt.dds instead?
    Skin = alt.dds

I am not sure yet of the difference between .mas files and .dds files, as both do work.

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if, when creating the file, for example altVAN.dds and the region file should be called altVAN_region, so when it is created everything will look good, you will not see advertising of the original where I create it.
    I'm sorry if the driver doesn't do it correctly

Vantskruv likes this.
  5. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Registered

I have a feeling that is not the cause of the problem, as the skin I had was created in its own folder, not sharing any other skins. Though I have changed the names to unique ones, just in case (if I understand you correctly. :) ).
    Hence, the folder structure looked something like this (where forename and surname was my name):

-- Forename Surname
    ---- alt.dds
    ---- alt_region.dds
    ---- alt.json
    ---- alt.mas

Now I have made a change
    -- VANTRACE_87
    ---- vantrace_alt.dds
    ---- vantrace_alt_region.dds
    ---- vantrace_alt.json
    ---- vantrace_alt.mas

Also I have made a change of the skin reference in the corresponding .rcd file (in the folder containing the VANTRACE_87 folder).
    There are no other files in VANTRACE_87 folder.

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you can't have the same name on two different cars, the name of the driver I mean
    editing the rcd files should be careful as it does, because it is not the same in uppercase as lowercase, the original I mean