VOTE! Race-, Historic- or Street car DLCs in rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vittorio, Oct 21, 2019.

?

What do you want? Race-, Historic- or Street car DLCs in rF2? What does your heart tell you?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2019.
  1. Race Cars

90 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. Historic Cars

98 vote(s)
    63.2%
  3. Street Cars

32 vote(s)
    20.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I just said that if you want street cars, there are many in Asseto Corsa, I do not say they leave rfactor, do not confuse or manipulate the comment thanks

jbaeumle likes this.
  2. jbaeumle

jbaeumle Registered

hmmm nice point you got there, Indeed AC simulates streets cars better, as i like to call it a "driving simulator" and rFactor a " Racing simulator". I undertand that studio 397 have limited resources (dont we all hehe), and "waste" it on completely accurate street cars, using rF2 engine might be, and i must admit youre right, not the right choice. Thanks for poiting that out. But, lets please stick to turbo engines F1 and older Le Mand cars, i guess we all agree on that. Modern stuff, at least for me, aint that appealing. Damn, i just love tracks like Longford 67 with those billboards and stuff, the along with the latest shaders my studio 397 would be AMAZING!

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Let each person have fun with what they want ...:);)

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Brains left the chat.

How AC simulates street cars better ?

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

memoNo1 likes this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

7. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

It's totally worth trying for sure. The mods are insane! I love looking around the cars in VR. If you have enough room you can even walk around the cars as well because the whole car is rendered, which I think is the only software that is?

It's the physics I don't care for. It has a nice heavy FFB but the slow speed skids are kind of weird. And I can't feel the caster weight like I can in most other sims. This, I think causes a poor sense of speed?
    Coming back to rF2 I noticed a connection to the road like no other sim, which is why I would love to drive some official street content from Studio-397. I don't care if it was a Mini. Studio-397 cars are the best feeling cars. Even better than the original ISI cars. Every time I drive Studio-397's GT3's, which are one of my least favorite cars, I can't help but feel I'm really driving a real car. The only other sim that comes close to this is the street GT Ford in iRacing on the Nordschleife.

This is why I think it is a true crime and a major loose to the sim community in general if the team from Studio-397 never does an official street car. These guys are mod Gods when applied with the ISI physics engine.
    Just to sit back and imagine that connection to the road in a new Corvette or even a drift car not to mention all the exotics and old muscle cars.
    There really is no reason why rF2 couldn't have the mod base AC has in the next few years.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    makan, twinkle and vittorio like this.
  8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Why is there 149.5% voted?

Shouldn't it add up to 100% in total?

Rui Santos likes this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think that could be worked out by estimating that there probably were 98 individuals voting, and some of them have made multiple choices. So 25/98 is positive about street cars, 58/98 is positive about historic any type of car, 63/98 is positive about any type/year racing car. :D

Scoopscat7 and vegaguy5555 like this.
  10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Grrrrr.
    The numbers weren't multiples of 10 so time was spent learning how to do % on a calculator. (I may be dumb but I'm smart enough to know it ;))
    Plus distractions, lots of distractions.
    Figured out the missing part of the equation.
    Go post my findings and :(:(:(
    Beaten by a country mile but at least my answer was confirmed.

11. vittorio

vittorio Registered

It's all statistics. Cause multiple answers are allowed of course added percentages are >= 100%.

What do we know:
    * there are min. 63 voters and max. 148 voters (due to multiple answers possible).
    taking these voters we know that:
    * 64% want Race Cars
    * 60% want Historic Cars
    * 26% want Street Cars

12. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Each category of votes Race Historic Street is a percentage of the number of people voting not total votes

Race 63 votes @ 63.6% Of people voted for this option

Historic 59 @ 59.6% of people voted for this option

Street 26@ 26.3% of people voted for this option

63 @ 63.6% = 99 people
    59@ 59.6% = 99 people
    26 @26.3% = 99 people

My guess is 99 people have voted

vegaguy5555 and mantasisg like this.
  13. vittorio

vittorio Registered

yes, i think you are right.
    we even have now the coincidental case of:
    * 64 votes = 64%
    * 60 votes = 60%
    * 26 votes = 26%

lets look at one corner case: every voter only clicked one option. there would be 64+60+26=150 votes and voters. in that corner case the sum of percentages should be 100%. it isn't, so we know it is not that case. so i think with sum of votes and % of votes we can calculate sum of voters.

i think the number of voters is calculated by SUM(votes)*100 / SUM(percentages) = 150*100/150. which is now 100 voters.

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I voted early in this poll for only race cars. The Historics that would interest me do not seem likely to come to rF2. Can Am, Trans Am, or the Steve Mcqueen era of Le Mans for example.
    So while I 'may' have some interest in some historic cars, a 4 door Datsun or some British smokey tiny-tired tin top doesn't really grab me.
    I don't need 20 different eras of F1. Late 60's, late 80's maybe. An early to mid '70's Indycar might be interesting IF and only IF it included one-off cars like the STP Jet-engined cars or the Chaparral Ground effects(ok that is late 70's) Basically the allure of Can Am and the Indycars of that era was each car was practically a home built project car. Even if you purchased a Lola Chassis, you added engineering bits your team created, crafted and installed. A full field of identical cars never seemed really interesting.
    So my vote was racing cars only.
    And I would far far far prefer S397 focus on completing/fixing/updating what it already has produced rather than zoom off researching old musty cars that most younger users didn't even know existed.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

to be honest, for me the big surprise is, that 59% of the people voted they want historic DLCs. compared to 64% of people want race cars. i would never have thought that. i hope that S397 have seen that poll and maybe we will get an historic race car DLC. (BMW M1 Procar and Ford GT40 please :) )

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    makan, memoNo1 and vegaguy5555 like this.
  16. Filip

Filip Registered

But... there was a poll which Ferrari car Kunos should make next.
    https://www.gtplanet.net/assetto-corsa-ferrari-poll-vote-next-car/
    If I am not mistaken users votes on AC forum (equivalent to this one) was quite different than results of official poll.
    Average age here is old, I believe older than average rf2 user. If that is the case it is more likely forumers will want historics.

17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I just used a statistics tool to calculate correct statistic sample size (so how many voters do you need for a statistically correct answer within defined input parameters), at http://www.raosoft.com/samplesize.html
    with following inputs:
    What margin of error can you accept? 10% (thats rather high, 5% is more common)
    What confidence level do you need? 95%
    What is the population size? 10000 (i think 10000 is high enough since there are ~6000 people buying racing DLCs)
    What is the response distribution? 50%

Result: Your recommended sample size is -> 96
    We now already have >100 sample size (voters). So this poll is already statistically correct within the input parameters. Of course you have to take into considerations that there aren't many Street Car fans in the poll, cause rF2 only offer a few street cars by now.

(if as input, margin of error should be only 5% we would need 370 voters. but i think 10% error is already good)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  18. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

@vittorio I am not a gambler but my spidey senses strongly believe that at least 50 of the 59% are old rF1 players who would be over the moon to have the ultimate mod, HistorX on rF2.
    The era when the modding community did amazing work and produced 99% of the content.
    Yes, the good old days

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

“ Race cars “ are open top cars?

Ps good poll

20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

@ADSTA:
    The era when modding community did amazing work is over. The reason IMO is that rF2 is way too complex (and more advanced).
    But yes, I too dream to get HistorX to rF2. Though i hope S397 will do it and surprise us sometime with a HistorX DLC.

vegaguy5555 likes this.