VOTE! Race-, Historic- or Street car DLCs in rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vittorio, Oct 21, 2019.

?

What do you want? Race-, Historic- or Street car DLCs in rF2? What does your heart tell you?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2019.
  1. Race Cars

90 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. Historic Cars

98 vote(s)
    63.2%
  3. Street Cars

32 vote(s)
    20.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Pleasing everybody is going to be impossible. Like I said- let’s say a street car came, but while you wanted a Lambo, they’ve brought a Lotus Elise.

2. vittorio

vittorio Registered

yes, you can't please everyone. I bought every GT3/GTE/LMP DLC for rF2 (four DLCs if i counted correct). Yes, i voted for "Race Cars" and i already got a lot of Race Cars. But I am not statisfied, i am almost getting bored. Yes I will buy even a fifth Race Car Package. Still my heart really wants an Historic Car Package and even a Street Car Package, though by far not that much as a Historics Car Package DLC. But thats exactly what the poll tells too!

(where is my BMW M1 Procar, where is my original Ford GT40, and so on ...)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    makan, twinkle and Adrianstealth like this.
  3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

You got race cars, but they were gt3s (which you didn’t want) and not modern F1 or Indycar.

4. vittorio

vittorio Registered

i really don't want modern F1. Historic 1967 F1, 70th F1, MP4/8 and MP4/13 are awesome though!
    (and GT3 are great too to simulate 24h Nords, but do i really need 10?)

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Not sure if polls like that matter, but I'd love to see 70s era ETCC cars in rF2 (Power and Glory mod in GTR2). And 90s DTM :) So I guess it is both Historic and Racecars? :) I'd like to stress though, not invdividual cars - series. I am also fine if that will be the community content.

Akela_DE, makan, juanchioooo and 7 others like this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I would actually be happier about Lotus Elise :D Except if it was something like Sesto Elemento or a classic Lambo, Gallardo is quite cool though, I would be interested about Balboni Edition especially.

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The cars you want are in AC there, they have them, as we go, those who want street cars, end up saying they have won the survey, the reality is that the survey is useless, but quiet that tomorrow we formulated another survey :D;)

8. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

I think there have been 83 others as I type this.

9. twinkle

twinkle Registered

You know what, you are trolling all the time and it is getting a bit annoying. But anyway you are right about those cars being in AC. You are trying to make it sound like it is a bad thing, but actually many of us makes us so happy we have that many cars in AC. I just drove Subaru Impreza WRX STI 1995 on Trento-Bodone for a few times and than I decided to get a Toyota Supra MKIV Drift spec (624 hp) for a spin. And I have to tell you one thing, it was a blast! There is no such FFB that can replace this kind of experience. Not to mention When my friend takes his RX7 drift spec and we go both ripping tyres on Akina. So no thanks, me and my friends are not gonna buy rF2 to drive GT3 cars. I personally would like to see Rally cars in rF2 (it is what I like the most), but I would still buy it If there were some street cars, or at least 90s DTMs. And one last thing, there is Automobilista 2 coming out soon, It is supposed to have at least as good physics and FFB as rF2 if not better not to mention native VR and great modern graphics. It is also supposed to have gravel physics (Rallycross and Rally possibilities) and street cars as well. So I am not really sure to whom you are doing a favor by being so vocal against anything but GT3 cars in rF2. It sounds almost like as if you want rF2 to die. Sad thing is that even within GT3 world ACC is now taking its piece. Just dont cry afterwards because there are bugs in the game 2 years old, that there is no one online to drive/race against and that cars are coming once a year for 15 euro each. No customers no money so no development either. You should also realize that by you buying and 100 more people 10-15 euro dlc is nothing compared to bringing a whole bunch of people from AC buying full price for the game and than buying DLCs as well. As I see it, at the moment there is one very real advantage of rF2 vs new coming sims eg. Automobilista 2, and that is, it is still open to modding.
    What better opportunity than that would you possibly want to bring whole AC community to rF2 and populate game like crazy. It is quite simple and winning strategy. But you are never gonna do that wit GT3 cars, people who like GT3 already have ACC anyway. Think about it.
    Also people who say: it is not possible to please everyone. Well, maybe not, but it certainly is possible to please a great many and they should try to do it, just to stay relevant.

dylbie, makan, Korva7 and 3 others like this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

+1 = 110% my feel and mind too.
    I have nothing more to say about this.
    Thx mate. I'm done with this.

makan, twinkle and vegaguy5555 like this.
  11. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

You got the numbers wrong. It's 70 cars, street/historic to 57 race cars!;)

juanchioooo likes this.
  12. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That's if you assume no more people will ever buy the base sim.
    Now if you take into account the new users who want street cars, drift cars and historic cars that are not here to vote, I'm sure it would be a different outcome?

Also, the same survey in AC or PCars would have more than a hundred and some votes, because they have more street cars!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    vittorio and twinkle like this.
  13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Sometimes the opinion of some people seems incredible to me, I take it for granted that people are intelligent, that you really don't know if you talk to a 15-year-old boy or a 55-year-old man, but at this point tell me that trolley gives me laughter ,, even your comment seems stupid ,,
    pd.- as for your opinion I do not care, I am not interested at all, so I do not waste time answering

14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

when I answered it was perfect, but if they keep voting things change 200 gt race:cool:

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  15. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

This is getting out of hand. You guys can settle this on the track like real men playing a video game! :p

twinkle and memoNo1 like this.
  16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I think it's better that they can settle this on the track like real men playing a SIMULATION! :D

vegaguy5555 and memoNo1 like this.
  17. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

I bought AC yesterday to see what all the fuss is about.

Tonnes more content on racedepartment, no idea on the quality though.

Won't be installing it til after the weekend ("new" pc inbound), but it was too cheap not to try it.

twinkle and vegaguy5555 like this.
  18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thats what those people actually do when advocating against different content types - go to AC, literally suggesting people to leave and go somewhere else, and thats in my opinion is beyond stupid. But I have seen it before already when due to some strange circumstances someone argues thinking that he is somehow "protecting" his love, but actually harming it in the process :D

And AC in cars content is far superior to any other sim, and thats a fact. Even by only counting in official content really... but when you also mix up mods.... oh boy. I had 2K awesome hours in AC, a lot of great online racing. But time has come and AC feels just too limited to me, I need more advanced simulation and more features. rF2 has it.

19. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Dont really care just want this frickin ui and a fixed ai and better offline features

20. jbaeumle

jbaeumle Registered

hmmm, i guess my taste is sort of similar to the guys here um the fórum. As for street, i´d like mainly muscle cars with proper chassis, engine and tyres physics. For race cars, of course id have to pic F1 cars, Brabham BT52, Williams Fw11b and a proper Lotus 95T (i know ASR will bring us on those, but maybe studio 397 is faster? lol Cand wait to drive that beast around Estoril under terriblec onditions just like Sennas first victory (amd what a victory lol. As for race cars, some old Le Lemans beasts, cause we dont have the electrical devices working (yet!?). Along with a vintage Le Mans, like the onle in Project Cars 2. I know theyre totally diferente sims, but that sort of approach for vintage Racing Rocks! Thanks for asking us, hope to see some of the ideas soon, ahhhh, the F1´s even sooner Lol.

Let me edit this bible with the online features, In fact, we NEED GODDAMN stability, no yellow cars, no freezing, dont bother (at least for my taste) with iRacing trickery, Just follow ACC and everyhing will be fine. But please, no more lost connecions, icant stand it anymore. Id rather play off-line than get disconected right in the middle of a 6 hours hours race (yeah that happenedin Silverstone, I stood with na Oreca Lmp2 for 3 blistering hours rainy and stormy hours, holding my place like a maniac, just to get connection lost, Sad as fuck, The ABSOLUTE best SIM around, and i play them ALL (RRE AC, ACC, iRacing, P Cars 2 and who knows what else from othe eras, the list goes on and on). And as far as i talk to the guys in the fóruns, my opinion is totally common sense. New UI is ok, but not mandatory. Were used to it, If it brings stability, AWESOME, but if it bring trouble, please leave as it is Lol.

Ahh, oh be damn, one more thing, what would be really cool was to be to do some quick, or wekeends ou even custom championsip (i know its possible, but literally a pain in the ass hehe, sorry for my words, thats just how i am) in na easy and fast way (like Assetti Corsa). In fast, if i may say something like that, your guys should get in tough in Ilja Josupov from Content Manager. Damn a program like that for rF2 would be a DREAM!!!! Thing about this last sentence with attention, it´d be a real game changer, as it was with Assetto Corsa!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    twinkle and vegaguy5555 like this.