in-game Steerin wheel range

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Florian Geier, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Florian Geier

Florian Geier Registered

Hello,

i posted this on the rf2 discord aswell but i have the following problem.

its not mirroring what set in my profiler (Logitech) and ingame as shown in my screen. i want it set at 480 in game but it keeps having that number in brackets behind and the ingame steering wheel keeps having the 420 range which kinda slightly offset to my 480 im using. any idea how i can get it back to be actually 480 ? i already looked at the controller json but its displaying 480 in there too.

Attached Files:

2. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I would think that you have loaded a controller profile in game that is auto setting your wheel range you need to make sure you aren't doing that. I would say though I used to run a constant setting for range (540) but since swapping to allow the game to change based on car via a controller profile I find the driving experience much better.

3. Florian Geier

Florian Geier Registered

that didnt change anything sadly still same with another profile.

im not sure but could it be down to logitech software playing crazy? i mean its set to 480 aswell but wont do anything ingame anymore

4. Florian Geier

Florian Geier Registered

someone on discord tried to help but no matter what mod/car or thing i change in the game files it keeps displaying it like that. i tried to un-unstall game with fresh player and controller files and nothing helped. i uninstalled wheel software and nothing changed.

i have no clue what file keeps messing with me but its annoying as hell

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

6. Florian Geier

Florian Geier Registered

i managed to find out why it showed different in-game wheel range. Just for the sake of it i installed my old Logitech Gaming Software (i think 8.8) or something and un-installed the current one, and would you look at that it showed the 420 in settings and i changed that to my preferred 480 and boom. Now works like it should. So problem was caused by old Logitech software still somehow setting that Wheel lock in-game and the latest software actually does jack shit (at least on my end lol)

Lazza likes this.