VOTE! Race-, Historic- or Street car DLCs in rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vittorio, Oct 21, 2019.

?

What do you want? Race-, Historic- or Street car DLCs in rF2? What does your heart tell you?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2019.
  1. Race Cars

90 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. Historic Cars

98 vote(s)
    63.2%
  3. Street Cars

32 vote(s)
    20.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

When your first time at a racetrack is to enter and walk a straight, unhindered line to the uncrowded trackside armco barrier 100 metres before turn 1 is exciting. :)
    Then within seconds you witness the start of your first ever race. Hoot, timed to perfection! :cool:

:eek:
    Like a deer in the headlights I was frozen as the fast approaching Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche and other full blown GT3 type race cars assaulted my unprotected ears and shook the ground under me. I was happier and drooling more than a fat kid at a "all you can eat" junk food buffet.

Then the next race is on. o_O
    But why are those people driving the family car on the track and why have they got helmets on.
    I notice most of the spectators are not watching these cars and then the track announcer, unheard in the last race, starts talking about what I learnt to be was a production car race in progress.
    :( Boy, talk about crashing back to reality.
    From sensory overload producing race cars to hearing the faint sound of tyres squeaking louder than the engines of the street cars.
    That is no contest in my book, be it in the real or virtual form.

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Detach exhaust pipes then.

ADSTA likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@ADSTA I like to drive them mate :)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have been to several real life races and I did see wide variety of cars racing. While sound of such GT3 cars as Nismo GTR or Hurracan is incredible, and they does move fast, I was impressed the most by Polish series racing lightly track prepared 90s 3rd series BMWs with 2L engines at Nemuno Ziedas, it was just best racing I probably seen there, and cars, even though not as fast and loud as GT3, was certainly very playful and it was easy to perceive as a spectator.

twinkle and memoNo1 like this.
  5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

when this vote is over we will propose another one to see if the result changes;)
    It is clear that street cars are not a priority for the community, I prefer modern cars, but I also like old cars, although there are many people who do not use the clutch, so the control of old cars is more complex for them:);)

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It is not a priority and that was clear all the time, but it is interesting to see that there are still quite a lot of users that are interested in them and thats the whole thing.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Good poll

Rfactor2’s historic content is the very best available , I’d like to see for the 60’s stuff:

Studio397 refining/minor updating good historic tracks that are already available
    ( little partnership with the various creators ) & putting them altogether with spa/Monaco etc so there’s a nice rounded historic track pack -I’d happily pay too if it was a bundled official track pack

There’s already a decent choice of top notch 60’s cars available to use on these tracks

I also use the modern stuff too but feel the historic content is a massive strength of rfactor2’s

8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I like a variety of cars. If rF2 only had street cars and historics but no modern race cars, I'd be arguing and voting for that.

I just think rF2 is a good platform for all car based interests. Even drifting, which I'm not really into, but I'd like to see Studio-397 get that market share as well!

Mow money make the updates happen faster!!

twinkle and memoNo1 like this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Right now, many users are: 17 of 104, respecting that everyone's opinion is valid and good, only 17 are not exactly many;)

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

MULTIPLE VOTES are allowed : THERE IS NOT 104 users which have voted, your statistics are wrong.
    Like many I checked several boxes (all).

Seeing your many posts on the topics "street cars" and "online VS offline", you seem to have an arm to lose in the choices that S397 will make on these topics..... ;)

Do not forget that it is important to please all users, and do not be selfish.

lagg likes this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I am neither selfish:mad:, nor I am studio 397:), yet 17 votes are not exactly many;), better go to AC, there they have street cars to bore you, I mean they have many street cars.;)

12. vittorio

vittorio Registered

You really have to use statistics science principles to take any conclusion from this poll.

What is known ATM:
    * there are min. 47 voters and max. 108 voters (due to multiple answers possible).
    taking these voters:
    * 63% like Race Cars
    * 59% like Historic Cars
    * 23% like Street Cars

If this poll would be representative cause of high numbers of voters, you could make following conclusion:
    * Race Cars DLCs will be bought ~3 times more often than Street Cars DLCs.
    * Historic Cars DLCs will be bought as often than Race Cars DLCs. (but yes, what does historic mean? Historic Race cars or Historic Street Cars - this poll is not perfect, sorry)

Is this poll representative?
    No (at least I doubt it), cause of ATM still low count of voters (min. 47 voters) and asking the question only at the forum. For a low count of voters statistic to be representative you have to insure to make the poll very widespread (which would mean to ask the non forum readers correctly distributed too)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Emery likes this.
  13. Filip

Filip Registered

No, RF2 is a game for driving cars on tracks.
    Any car on any track can be driven.
    There are races if someone wants but rf2 is best used for drifting and driving on new Nordschleife.

makan, twinkle and memoNo1 like this.
  14. Filip

Filip Registered

It's not just 17 votes it is 22.7%.
    Which means almost 1 out of 4 users wants street cars which is large number because population on this forum is usually "hardcore" people that are into league and offline racing.
    Probably more rf2 users like street cars than race cars but they don't spend their time on specific game forums.

makan and twinkle like this.
  15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

When, I mean if, support is added for analogue handbrake.
    The dreams never end. :)

16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

No, you're putting into the formula 2 categories versus one, that's not fair! If you see the number of votes you'll see only 15 percent of people want street cars...

17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

No, why do you think that? ATM 23% of the users taking part at the poll like Street cars.

The results ATM:
    * 63% like Race Cars
    * 59% like Historic Cars
    * 23% like Street Cars

you have to take into account that one user can like more options/DLCs. I for one voted for all three options. Cause i will buy Race Cars-, Historic Cars- and Street Cars DLCs.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

And what sense make those percentages?

Votes are: 48 - Race Cars, 45 - Historic Cars, 17 - Street cars

Remember that the majority of who voted for Historic cars, like me, voted thinking of Race Cars aswell...

juanchioooo likes this.
  19. vittorio

vittorio Registered

The sense these percentages make is, as i have already written above, that you can make conclusions like:

If this poll would be representative cause of high numbers of voters, you could make following conclusion:
    * Race Cars DLCs will be bought ~3 times more often than Street Cars DLCs.
    * Historic Cars DLCs will be bought as often than Race Cars DLCs. (but yes, what does historic mean? Historic Race cars or Historic Street Cars - this poll is not perfect, sorry)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Rui Santos likes this.