[REL] Aston Martin Red Bull Racing (Red Bull Honda RB15 - 2019) v1.1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hello party people,

Do you want to drive the formula one car with the most downforce available? A car that has over 600 Nm of torque and around 960 bhp? A car that can take Suzuka's Esses nearly flat? Enjoy 6G on your neck? Enjoy hours of tweaking the setup to be only half a tenth quicker?

Welcome to the Aston Martin Red Bull Racing (Red Bull Honda RB15 - 2019), driven by Max Verstappen and Alexander Albon.
    This car is a beast. It is incredible fast, but at the same time tricky over curbs. Setting up this car is a constant fight between ride heights and spring stiffness. Go as low as you dare and feel the massive downforce levels. But go too low and you will stall the diffusor over bumps and curbs, ending up in the barriers.

With permission and credits to ACFL (you can find the full 2019 mod here: https://www.acfligue.fr/produit/acfl-f1-2019-free-mod-for-rf2/)

Download v1.1
    https://mega.nz/#!ziwFnaYS!5IuIFyECC1yjb1BcTRIxr9GEqrPQD4O9c0hcO-7mgaw

Please give me feedback to improve the mod even further.

Have fun racing!

Credits
    ACFL, 3D and textures are the property of ACFL.
    Special thanks to Darci Mazutti (darcidm), racingmoddingfr (Cordially) and Nic (Nicola59)! The latter for parts of the physics of the original mod.

If I forgot to mention someone specifically from ACFL, please let me know. For altering other things than physics / notepad editing, first permission from ACFL (not me) is needed!

Changelog
    v1.1 restructured mod (file names, cleaned some files), mod works now independent of the F1 2019 mod. Sound updates, new gearing file and improved default setup
    v1.0 initial version

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    makan, GPNeville, Corti and 6 others like this.
  2. Stevy

Stevy Registered

while I really enjoy driving modern F1 cars
    I always find it sad that we have no real hybrid system in rF2. While you can try to fix that with just more HP it's still not the same and always something on your mind.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We don't have weight transfer to each corner, we don't have etc etc... lol. Ever since the Schumacher era, the sheer number of in-race options a driver can choose seems staggering to me. It would make for an interesting article if some ambitious writer coaxed a team to revealing allllll the items they can adjust just from the steering wheel. (and I'd bet we rf2 users don't have most of them)
    Wish for more, wish for things that improve the product, but don't let your enjoyment suffer because we don't have Thing A or Item J to fiddle with during a race.
    And if F1 is your thing...there is a dedicated product for that. Just saying.

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It is appalling we don't have an ERS-code yet. Absolutely appalling.

J7166, mantazzo, neuer31 and 9 others like this.
  5. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Dear Frenky

When I saw this car i was curious, seeing that the post was offering a new f1 2019 car.
    But then, seeing at the pack, I discovered that this is the Red Bul used in the F1 2019 Mod made by Darci and me ( hosted on ACFL site...), with some modifications in physics.
    Don't take in the wrong way my words, but try to be positive, like I made when I took a look at your car.
    Yes, because, HDV is mine, with some modifications; Chassis is mine; Engine is mine, with some modifications; TGm are mine; TBC are mine; etc, etc
    I never denied the use of my files to people asking.....but if You don't ask me ( I don't speack about permission...I only say to inform me ), I think it's not correct posting on Forum the Title as " Red Bull with my Physics "...
    This is the Red Bull of our Mod, with my Physics modified.by You...
    So, when You report Credits, I think You should put names also of Darci Mazutti, and possibly mine....I guess.
    But this is not the worst thing in this situation: You used our Veh files without creating another car class. therefore, now, using the F1 2019 Mod and "your" Red Bull, our Red Bull is no more appearing in game.
    Therefore, Frenky: .Try to change class to Your car, in order to not create conflict with our Red Bull in the Mod. And , PLEASE, the next time You will use files made by other people, remember to say something to the Author of files.

Good luck for your work
    Nic

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Very grown-up way of putting forward an issue, thank you Nicola... Don't worry, Frenky will correct all this, he's a proper, dependable guy and he means no malice!

rubennaatje likes this.
  7. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

He does say: "With permission and credits to ACFL..."

So perhaps there's some miscommunication.

8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Nicola, I send you the written permission (just invited you the conversation) I got from ACFL via pm. I litterly took the same words as statet via pm.

I'm not at home, but at my mobile phone. I will add your name and that of Darci tomorrow. No problem. I will update the mod later and make a seperate class.

You say that the physics is by you, but that is not true. Except the chassis file and tgms are from you. Some parts, like masses, graphical offsets and other references to chassis and tgms I had to take over, otherwise the mod would not work.
    All other stuff, including HDV, damage, upgrades and engine really is my own work.
    I worked more than a year on the physics. All downforce and suspension related stuff is completely developed by me.
    I also have physics for a 2014 F1 car, which I never published.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I have done quite a lot of work and testing and for that part I don't have to credit anyone.

Have fun racing!

pkelly likes this.
  9. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Frenky
    I never had written on this forum if I had received any request.
    I never received any message by You. Anyway: for me is not a problem if someone use my files...and, honestly, hdv file is hardly based on mine...I found also some my minor errors by me....ah ah
    And also the engine is mine modified.
    There is nothing of wrong me, because probably files are good. Therefore: Frenky,
    You can use all you want from me....just a little bit fairplay telling me this and giving credits.
    The only main thing now is if You can create a new car class on veh files, in order to can use both mods without.
    Many thanks
    Nic

Navigator likes this.
  10. Frenky

Frenky Registered

OP altered with correct credits. v1.1 is in the work this weekend. If there is something from the physics part that needs to be changed, please let me know this weekend, so I can incorporate that into v1.1.

Have fun racing!

Bjørn and neuer31 like this.
  11. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Dear Frenky
    There are no problems...Keep up on your job.
    But, if You contact me by email ( I've sent a pm to You ), I can give You the new Verstappen helmet textures...and some suggestions.
    Thank you
    Nic

rubennaatje likes this.
  12. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

I'm not going to lie, seeing modders act decent to each other in this situation makes me happy.

13. Frenky

Frenky Registered

v1.1 is online. This updates contains renaming of some files and a restructuring to prevent conflicts with the F1 2019 mod.
    It also improves in default setup. It has a new gearing file and some sound modifications. Two typing errors (one in the sound config file and another in the base drag of the car when driving on the Mexico track, that resulted in slightly too low drag on that track) solved. Finally some very small tweaks in the engine file / torque line between 10.000 and 13.000 rpm.

Big thanks to Nic / Nicola59 for helping me out on this!

Have fun racing!

Corti, GPNeville and deceda like this.
  14. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Thank You to You, Frenky
    Nic