Hosting and Joining at the same PC

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Damian Baldi, May 5, 2017.

1. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Yes ,it's been edited to 54298 in ext & Int now .. but I have the issue in the post above with that port ..:confused:

2. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Interesting ! I will have a look for IPsec ...What gets me is it all worked fine up until around the time I went steam only and the router firmware was updated:cool:. as these both were within a week of each other ....o_O

3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I was able to get my server to show up in matchmaker by adding another port in portfowording ..

If I add 64299 to my router my game shows up again !! but I cant join ,here the message now :
    New router 6-9.jpg
    So something's blocking it some ware :confused:

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

**********!!!OMG IT'S WORKING!!!*********
    I added 64299 to the port forword rules with TCP/UDP...then changed the port forward lines with the 64297 to TCP only not TCP/UDP and BAM there it was on the list and I can join !!!

Thanks to everyone's input I managed to solve it !!

The cPorts program was a great tool and really helped me so thanks Ari for that & thanks Mangoletsi for all the time you put in and pointing me in the right direction !!

Yea !

Thanks guys !

5. eiddoo

eiddoo Registered

same Problem here, but i can join my game in ingame Server list, after that i receive the mesaage Connection to Server failed....ports are open, Microsoft loopbackadapter installed....no idea whats going on.

6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Have you tried it without the loopback ? im not using it (well I never installed it so unless win7 has it ON by default Im not using it ) .. and make sure the ports are really open ! for me I had to make a rule even tho I opened them, using the PfPortChecker it showed them closed .. changing the 64297 to TCP only was what opened my game up to me and everyone ..

7. eiddoo

eiddoo Registered

i had another solution. i type in this and it works for me
    +multiplayer +connect="127.0.0.1:64297"

But my friend can´t join my Server, game starts then Server Connection failed. If he start a Server same Problem.

We used both pfportchecker, all ports are open.

8. Gupster

Gupster Registered

This worked for me also, Thanks!
    I was getting the "no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" message on my server. I could join others but not my own.

kro388th likes this.
  9. Brandon

Brandon Registered

I have followed all this and have tried for so long, I feel like I have done everything that's possible but I have never even had my server show up on the server list.

Here is what I have.
    upload_2018-6-26_23-22-30.png

Attached Files:

10. makan

makan Registered

After 2 years of trying to fix my problem creating server, last day i asked my isp to get me dedicated ip.
    After that i can forward my ports like a charm and created servers is rF2 , R3E and more.
    It just works like a charm.
    Just want to share it with you guys if you have the same problem as i had for almost 2 years.

11. beastdjw

beastdjw Registered

The problem with some modems is that NAT Loopback is not supported.
    Imagine: your computer wants to connect to your own server which is your computer. Your computer has a local ip address which differs from your Internet address. Therefor it is needed that your router in your modem will forward to your computer. Right?
    When your modem doesnt do this (NAT loopback it is called), you got a problem.
    There is a quick solution to this (and a difficult one which I can tell you later).
    We will tell your computer that it points to your local ip address when it wants connect to your RF2 server with the external ip address. How:
    Start (in windows 10), type cmd, rightclick on command, start as administrator. Then:
    1. type: netsh
    2. type: add address "Loopback" your-external-ip-address.

Done....
    To get your ip adress, go to the website https://whatismyipaddress.com/

(you also can create a loopback network interface: https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_Installer/LoopBack.htm )

Happy Racing!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  12. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Registered

Hello!
    I have a problem when joining my own server.
    The server is running on my computer, where I also run the simulator from.

There is no problem to host, as others are able to join it from the internet via the server list.
    Though myself are unable to join.

I am able to login, and choose the car.
    When I click RACE the track is loading up, but at the end of the loading sequence, I am thrown out and the client closes.
    The Launcher and the server is still running without any problems.

Help?

13. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Registered

I guess no one knows, or have had this problem. So I guess I am on my own. I have tried to search for log-files outputting any hints of what the problem is, but I have not found any (I have been looking in the folder ..../rfactor2/userdata/log).

Any hints where to find a log file showing me why rFactor 2 closes abruptly?

14. Bernd

Bernd Registered

If you use the servers virtual mod as series in single player mode, does it load properly there?
    BTW Do you use the steam dedicated server or the one that can be started from the launcher?

Vantskruv likes this.
  15. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Registered

Hello @Bernd !
    I will check about the "virtual mod" (do not know what it is, I will search for that).
    I have started the server from the launcher, I did not know there was "another" server you could start.
    I will look it up and try it.
    Thanks for the help, I will send a new comment when I tested it. :)

16. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Registered

I think I got it to work with using the dedicated server using this guide:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553088396

instead of starting the server from the launcher.

Adding some AI to the server, which is a mulicar race, but I do not know how to select which AI to have which type of class, currently it seems this is randomized.

Anyway, thanks @Bernd :)

Bernd likes this.
  17. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Good to see that you could get it working. :)

Forgot.... the virtual mod is the mod that you create and use for the server, that defines which car(s) and track(s) are used on the server. Sometimes it also is called 'Race Event'.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I gave up on doing this
    I got it to work once a while back somehow but I think total fluke

When I’m up & running again I’m hoping the new UI/updates will make hosting very easy

Not wasting anymore time fiddling otherwise

19. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Registered

Yeah, it is quite fiddly to work with.
    I did cheat though, instead of installing all workshop items yet again (which feels like a complicated and timeconsuming method for the dedicated server), I did create a junctionlink to my "Installed" folder in the game directory. Though, doing that, I think you should make an extra thought if updating the dedicated server, only to be safe, by removing the junction link when updating the server, and then recreating it (or just move it away, and move it back when finished).