Package file with DLC content not installing

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Schilling, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Mark Schilling

Mark Schilling Registered

I packaged the endurance DLC and Le Mans to race with a friend. The package installs fine for me but won't install for him. A package with non paid stuff works fine. What am I doing wrong.

The rFactor 2 hosting system is so outdated and terrible it is beyond words. Compare it to getting an MP game up and running in Pcars2 and it's laughable.

Anyone have any ideas why it fails to validate for my friend?

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

When does it not install for your friend? At server join?

3. Mark Schilling

In the package manager in the launcher

4. Mark Schilling

I create the package file with the DLC Endurance mod cars and Le Mans. Then install it for myself. Then send him the package file and he places it in his package folder. Then it just won't install for him.
    I tried it with the Tatuus and some free mod tracks and that works fine. He can install them. The issue seems to be the package file with the paid DLC.

We both bought the same paid DLC so we have the content. Just won't install for him.
    Tried packaging it a few times in case there was an issue with the package and no luck.

5. Mark Schilling

Is there any better way to setup servers for a game? Any function for someone to download the files required automatically through the server join menu?

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

has he purchased the dlc content?

7. Mark Schilling

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In steam there is a list of servers, if you were hosting a custom race with cars and tracks, users who found your server in steam could download the cars and tracks BEFORE attempting to join online. The steam servers are much much faster transferring content as well.
    But I don't know if this method would work for just a private 1 to 1 type connection.
    You can find the Steam server list at the top of the first Steam page. Listed are Steam, View, Friends, Games, Help.
    under the View tab will be the servers. Change the filters to only show rFactor 2 and perhaps choose the friends tab at the top. If that doesn't show anything, choose Internet.

9. Mark Schilling

Will try that tomorrow. Thanks.

10. Mark Schilling

When I click on any server on the list the server connect box flashes up for a second saying "server not responding" and closes straight away.