Problem with Collision and flying cars

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Leonardo Nogueira, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Does the game make and save a collision gmt you can use and add or do you permanently leave out the collision in the gen.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

@Nibiru
    It's probably generated each time if you leave it out of the gen. But if you can, you should make a really low poly one, so the game doesn't need to do anything extra.

Nibiru likes this.
  3. rigodon

rigodon Registered

Hi everybody, can someone post here the HDV trick which solved the problem? NoGripRacing isn't available anymore.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  4. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Was Rodrigo Vieira who solves the problem, he Worked with the HDV.

5. Brent

Brent Registered

@Rodrigo Vieira maybe you can shed some light on what you did in the HDV as I'm curious as well.

In my experience working with the collision gmt model, I found if the bottom of the collision model is too close to the track surface any impact would bottom out the car and either take the grip away from the tires or springboard the cars and make them light. You could go into a turn on an oval at a reasonable speed and the right side of the car collision model would make contact with the track causing the right side tires lose grip and cause a spin. By raising the bottom of the collision file up that issue went away.

Also another thing I found, especially useful for oval racing, is the sides of the collision file seem to work best being tapered in slightly at the top. I believe this helps in two ways. One, say a hit to the outside wall on an oval, it prevents the collision file from driving into the track on the right side and lifting the left inside wheels sending or "bouncing" the car off to the left. Two, the slight taper seems to prevent the cars from riding up the wall too easily.

I'd suggest for your pickup truck mod to start with the ISI/S397 Stockcar collision file, you'll see what I mean by the taper in this model. Perhaps you can start with this model and stretch it fit your trucks.

6. Doogal

Doogal Registered

I think it was these two lines:
    BumpStopRisingSpring=6.00e7
    BumpStopRisingDamper=5.00e5
    The original lines ended with e9 and e7 and were too high?

rigodon and philrob like this.
  7. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

If I remember well, the problem was this and I think we have edited the inertia too, but I think the first solves the problem.

If it works, tell us.
    Thanks!!!

rigodon likes this.