Released NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

there are a lot options, but wasnt it so, that not everyone is working, depending on class ?

2. Bumble

Bumble Registered

" A set of ratios is made of : - 6 forward ratios - 1 reverse ratio - 1 drop gear ratio - 1 final drive ratio May be homologated : - 2 standard sets of ratios - 1 set of ratios specific for the "24 heures du Mans"©. Each set of ratios must be used in its entirety."

From 2019 LM_GTE regulations

Emery likes this.
  3. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

BMW M6 has wrong RPM values in car display, offset is about +1000 RMPs. Will this be fixed? Similiar is with Bentley Continental, only offset is even larger.

McFlex likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The GT3 Audi also has LEDs that go full red about 700 rpm BEFORE the redline is reached.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

So does the Oreca, the M8, etc. This is a issue in all packs. I think the only good one is the 650S but then when the blue goes on you are hitting the limiter lol
    They should try to do it like 200rpm bellow limiter on all cars

6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The maximum power of the motor, i.e. the optimum time to change the gear is often reached before the rev limit.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Please... stop trying to find excuses, their PR team doesn't need help to do it... go check how GT3/E homologation (which includes power/torque curve control) works....
    If this was the case the developer could just say it, their silence indicates it's just wrong and they dont care.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

Sorry but their silence indicates nothing.

Dookie and David Kolody like this.
  9. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Maybe I wasn't clear enough on the first post, so I'll provide more details....If you look in the replay value of RPM on the car display panel and in the bottom left corner of the screen (there are pedals, speed and RPM meter)...there is a difference in that data. In car display will show +1000 RPM offset compared to data in the bottom right corner for BMW. Same is with Bentley, but even greater offset. Other cars, that have RPMs displayed as numbers in their display panel are having the same value as in the bottom left corner.

10. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Today i found out that the BMW M6 GT3 is the BMW M6 GT3 by Simtek. You can clearly see it in the template. It's just turned by 90 degree. That also explains why Simtek didn't continue to work on his cars :D

Marisa likes this.
  11. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

This is not the optimum because next gear is too low revs. Optimum is when integral of power, power x time, is maxed. So you would run each gear a bit over power max if limiter allows for. Depends on engine characteristics

McFlex likes this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Threads like these aren't exactly enticing me to rush out and buy the dlc.

Has rf2 really lost that kind of quality we need.?

13. lagg

lagg Registered

If rF2 would have lost the quality we need, we wouldn't be here, no?

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

What doesn't mean, there isn't a lot of potential for improvements, no?

lagg likes this.
  15. lagg

lagg Registered

Off course.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  16. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

hi all.

The first GT3 cars (GT3 pack) have a "Headlights Endurance". What about the challengers pack? Plan to implement this?
    And wat about GT3 engines? Enough for 24 hours?

Cheers

17. derek44

derek44 Registered

Apart of all.ffb and physics discussions which are interesting (more or less ) i really lost some real GT3 and gte Cars that don't exist in these mods. I can't understand until today why, if the reason Is the esclusive license in other simulator or whatever.

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

next to manpower costs, licensing can be the most expensive piece of a financial puzzle. And often the most confusing. The legalities that prohibit software companies from allowing information out is often twisted inside and out. For instance, the GT3 cars are all limited by the SRO groups balancing. EVERY GT3 car fits a narrow envelope of performance parameters, yet those manufacturers jealously guard those tiny minute differences. It may even come down to ego, i.e. Ferrari not allowing the licensing of any of their cars unless they are the fastest of the group(just a fictitious example, but similar to stories I've read over the years)
    There are at least 3 specific cars I would love to see added to another GT3 pack, but I doubt any of them will ever be included.
    All, at least partially, due to licensing.