VOTE Street cars Vs Race Cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoopscat7, Oct 16, 2019.

?

What is your preferred choice for S397 to provide for users

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Street cars

23 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Race cars

120 vote(s)
    83.9%
  1. vitto

vitto Registered

@mantasisg
    I'm not here to fight !!!

you don't have a theory maybe because you were born almost 30 years after me !!

but if you are intelligent you could learn not to find ridiculous a thought different from yours!

or at least keep it for you

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Well I don't know how you could misunderstand me so much, sounds like if you are mixing me with someone else, it wasn't reply to you, but in general for the thread. I also don't know where you see a fight in it. So I am slightly confused by reply like yours, as it does sound unpleasant for me and for no reason.

3. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

Personally, I would not mind street cars. Finally, there are enough models that are suitable for a race track, such as a Porsche 911 GT3 RS or some BMW M models. Especially the sports models would certainly make a lot of fun on the racetrack. The basic models, that's what I call them, do not necessarily have to come into play. I know that there are already some mods of sports cars, with a few official vehicles would certainly not hurt the game.

4. twinkle

twinkle Registered

rF2 already is a driving game. Doesn't really matter if you race, hot lap, drift or just driving a car on the limit like maniac, it is still driving. Also, it is possible to race street cars, all you need to do is put a bunch of people in the grid and say go. And they race. Quite simple really.

Tobias Pitzer, Ozzy, Dookie and 4 others like this.
  5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I don't get the hostile attitude "BWOOAOAAAAARRRRRGH! DON'T BRING STREET CARS INTO A RACING SIM! BWOOAAAARRRRGHHHHH!"

Don't drive them if they're not your thing!

dylbie, Tobias Pitzer, Dookie and 4 others like this.
  6. Bidle

Bidle Registered

More cars is always nicer, but would focus first on the new Hyper cars. Still in the end I'm already very pleased with the GT3 and GTE line-up and other cars.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  7. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Surely a "Hyper car" is just a road car trying to get near the performance of a race car?

vegaguy5555 and Bidle like this.
  8. Bidle

Bidle Registered

9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I mean.... who wouldn't want to drive the new mid engine Vette in rF2???

memoNo1 and twinkle like this.
  10. Emery

Emery Registered

In one word: Dilution. Dilution of effort (there are game features needed to properly support recent street cars that could override development of race features, like AI) and dilution of player base. We've seen it before.

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I doubt it very much. I don't think that street cars requires any features that aren't in use in racing cars, while probably it would be easier to tweak AI code just for few car types in mind, there already are many different types of cars, so it couldn't get diluted any more or overriden somehow. Playerbase can be diluted by having too many disorganised servers and events structure. Also it can get diluted simply by simracers going for a different title, just like you guys like to suggest to go for a different sim if you want a content which seems not fit rF2 theme anymore, in my mind it is same dilution principle, just not even diluted through different servers, but through different simracing titles, which I guess is worse in terms of integrity of single simracing title userbase. And finally, I don't think that any dillution hapens with player base at all in such scenario, what gets dilluted is how much attention goes for particular type of cars, which is clearly a different thing than a playerbase getting dilluted. Of course it is sad that there aren't 100k simracers active everyday in average, but concentrating on a single type of same content is only going to have worse effect in a long term, as it just marks dropping interest in cars in general and thats it, amen.

VirusGR42, twinkle and vegaguy5555 like this.
  12. Emery

Emery Registered

Consider torque vectoring via brakes. Maybe it's used on race cars, but, from my experience with a Ford Focus ST, I wouldn't want to use it on a race car because I can fry the brakes on a FoST in 5 minutes.

Anyway, to properly simulate the ST and some other modern cars, one needs torque vectoring via the brakes because it can't be turned off. You can turn off Traction Control and Stability Control, but the electronic differential using the front brakes is always on. And that proper simulation needs to match the real world, where you fry the brakes if you're injudicious with the throttle.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

Also consider active shocks. Virtually all the top street cars have active shocks these days.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

And then there are launch modes. Do the pedal dance or button press to get the car into a launch mode. Or drift mode.

15. Emery

Emery Registered

Hybrid drivetrains, however, is a mutually needed improvement.

16. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

How much work would it take a moder to convert one of the GT3 cars to street?
    Would or could Studio-397 let a moder do this or is there some kind of licensing issues?
    Also, is the information available?

17. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

It's encrypted. So it's not possible without S397's support.

18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I just don't understand these few but very vocal people constantly saying things like if there will be a Street Car DLC it will be the end of rF2. What does that mean exactly, you will leave rF2 and never come back? If S397 releases a Street Car DLC and you don't like it, why simply not buy it? Very easy!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  19. vittorio

vittorio Registered

BTW, 70% of the DLCs available for rF2 are not what i wanted. Still bought them all. And I don't need another GT3 or GTE pack. But for sure i didn't come here and telling everyday that another GT3/GTE pack will be the end of rF2. A Street Car pack or Historic Car pack DLC will be an instant buy though.

Bidle, AMillward, Filip and 4 others like this.
  20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Exactly.
    Historic cars and Street Cars from the 80s and 90s. And some classic 70s would be perfect.
    Real craft with H gear shift and heel and toe. No ABS and TC = 100% Nanny free.

The Touring Classics from the early 90s.
    Mazda MX7 and so on..

Well we will see.