Goodwood Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by mantasisg, Nov 19, 2018.

1. pascom

pascom Registered

Hello @mantasisg
    Yesterday, I finally discovered your circuit with the Lola T280.
    Regardless of the slightly flashy coloring of the grass, I really like the track. There are interesting passages, as we do not see much on the new tracks.
    Your track makes me think a lot about Crystal Palace. A special atmosphere emerges.
    I will follow your project with interest.

2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Must test this soon. Does it have tarmac detail for bumps/noise? I downloaded a few WorkShop tracks and the tarmac was like Indoor glass. Insta uninstall, lol, i wanna feel the character of the track in my wheel or it gets a bit boring.

I installed new beta Blender and im gonna see if i can make some objects.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I like Crystal Palace track so much, it has something similar. Also very good flow natural flow, British circuit that was around 60s.

I have reduced grass specularity a bit more, few clicks less for minimum value which makes for nearby distance, and one click less for specularity in far distance.

Yes you must test it, Alex :D Track has plenty of surface features, you might ask at few places if it is not too bumpy. I do. I also know that at few places there are bumps missing.... I used lidar data very honestly for this track. originally lidar data was quite rough. With many many smoothing passes it became quite a good and I'd say accurate road. Since first release for AC I have done frequent gentle smoothing at some locations, which after plenty of observing appeared to be too bumpy. Right now I think that, bump at the apex of Forwater is too pronounced, bump before turn-in to ST.Marys probably should be a bit less of a bump and more like a ripple, also the very beginning of braking zone towards Woodcote probably should be a bit flatter.

Good luck with Blender. It might not be the best for rF2, but something is doable.

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Today is the start of Goodwood Revival weekend. Don't miss it.

I hoped to get the first workshop mod release for about this time, but I couldn't get much time for it, though it is already quite alright for basic use, but definitely could use a ton of improvements. It is all about if I want to make a good first impression with it once it is released, or just to share it early so people could have fun earlier.

MaD_King, Corti, Mauro and 3 others like this.
  5. lbird

lbird Registered

Your first hit at the Goodwood track is a lot of fun already. Please take your time, but my personal opinion is that this track deserves the royal treatment because it is such a blast to drive with slow to medium fast cars and especially classic tintops and the like. And if you are are ready at revival time does not really matter. If you want to release another preview version do it, if you need more time for a workshop version than take it. As long as you keep working on it.... :)
    Look at Longford and what woochoo did over the years - constant improvement setting the norm for loving a track.....

pkelly and mantasisg like this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I decided to do a little update since I started to work on this track again and I saw that there are some plans to actually use the track. I wish to hit at least 0.5 for steam workshops, so an underground link here in the thread will continue doig for now. Previous version got about 350 downloads since the end of March. My hope is for it to get more in shorter time.

Link updated in the opening post.

jimagn, woochoo, Churrinche and 4 others like this.
  7. philrob

philrob Registered

Nice track, good to see a new mesh for Goodwood.

8. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Thanks for the update!

9. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Thanks mantasisg!

P. S. Is there a changelog?

10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

No, no big changes really. Though general aesthetics is quite improved by general polishing of many details. I have been creating some textures to have my own, such as trees and tarmac diffuse texture. Tweaking textures. Working on shading. Improving few places of track mesh... and stuff that I can't remember now which I have done months ago.

But of course still long way to go. Still many textures to create and replace legacy ones. Still few objects from Kunos (tents). Still need to port more objects. Still need to improve "garage" and buildings all around track overall. Ambient sounds. Flags. Those few lights for night. More reflections for wet road. More marshals. Advertisments. Crowds. Better pits atmosphere. Better transition objects modeling/textures. Dynamic objects. Various blender related issues to care about. Then more tweaks, polishing, optimisations. Improve external track cams, add more sets. Try to make AI fast line a bit less compromised, and compromise blocking line a bit more. Hopefully some day to have a possibility to make for changing line in the wet for a player.... yeah there is quite some stuff to care about :D

woochoo, pascom, mister dog and 3 others like this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just double checking interest in the mod, and the way mediafire works - has anyone downloaded the 0.2 already ? Because it shows 0 downloads, and from my experience downloads usually exponentially decreases as it goes further from release time, so yeah... you know... :D

12. Corti

Corti Registered

two downloads ;)

13. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

I just downloaded the update. I'm curious how the changes make themselves felt. Will test this over the weekend times.

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thanks, looks like mediafire downloads count doesn't work. Well thats a bit disappointing. But not as much if the truth would be 0 downloads lol

15. Mauro

Mauro Registered

just done a fast test, nice update
    some screens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Corti

Corti Registered

Thx, It's good news for the historic IsR championship :rolleyes:
    R1 Goodwood.jpg

woochoo, Mauro and mantasisg like this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

There should be 1954 cars update soon too :)

pascom, pkelly, woochoo and 2 others like this.
  18. vitto

vitto Registered

GRAB_000_cr.jpg Thanks !:)

19. philrob

philrob Registered

Yes downloaded once, my Mediafire uploads report the number of downloads i receive.

20. pkelly

pkelly Registered

I downloaded just fine - merci mantasig. A fun drive & fine graphics for me.