Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

@Akela_DE well cruised bit more, until started to think something else than driving, that's only thing what this car doesn't tolerate. Car is easy to drive and rear is planted to ground, it allows you to do anything, but you first need to solve this excellent puzzle, when you figure it out, you can do everything with it.;)

2. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

i am out, seems to be to difficult to understand that i was joking about NOT brake locking.

oh and @Ode - you haven't solved that puzzle. 6 laps and there you go ... good braking until then. the model is nice, but why is everybody defending this bad braking behaviour ?
    btw, i can do your times on green track (with flatspots ;) )and i have some fun with that car :p you can see that in my other vids. I just dont think its a masterpiece.
    upload_2019-10-16_8-14-25.png
    @Lazza i didnt know that, but why should they calibrate not at 100% ? full bar is full pressure- how much pressure that is, may be debatable

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That last part is what I'm talking about. Of course the bar will be full at 100% of whatever they've decided is 'full' pressure - the question is what it is. If that's calibrated to 120kgf while the in-game car is set to, say, 80kgf at full pedal travel, then you can't draw a direct comparison. So if you don't know what one (or either) is, you can't compare.

4. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

The cup has a speed bandwidth where handling is somewhat ok, from 120-200kmh approx. Thats why some tracks work better and some worse (dry condition), esspecially when using high grip and low fuel. Above you get into ridicolous understeer ( have Problem in sepang with t3!!) and below into oversteer / snapsteer. The later is imo a flaw of the differential lock simulation. It's not the first mod where you enter an automatic spin mode with some higher steering angles.
    There are vids of Porsche cup asia at sepang out there, they just roll through corners, sometimes on brakes, no sliding, no spin even in T2 with bumpy exit, no Problem with understeer T3. Here and there a locked wheel braking hard. Lap times match well to rf2.

5. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Beating my lap times shouldn't be a challenge, I'm somewhere average driver with my lap times.
    That spun was entirely my own mistake, not car or simulation.
    Most important thing is to have fun, I like this representation of this car, more feel than on few other sim versions I have tried. Sad at stock setup is made rock hard with bottoming suspension, it can turn lot of people away just because how unforgiving it is, softening suspension by methods available on this car and it starts to forgive lot. Or just remembering one simple thing, lift throttle gently and make sure at you don't wave throttle during cornering, when starting to push throttle, be sure at you can go to floor, but gently. :)

Akela_DE and vitto like this.
  6. vitto

vitto Registered

excellent detoxifying car, from the placebo effect of electronic controls in modern cars (TC and ABS make driving easier, and, let's think, right away being good drivers). The default setting expresses its true character.
    Fantastic, a modern car that wants to be driven, in a sense "old-fashioned" like the older cars requires, in fact, an appropriate and wise use of the accelerator / brake pedals, a difficult mastery to acquire, for example by driving modern GT3s.
    makes me smile a little when I read: the car sucks, it's shit, I think of a fox who, when he can't get the grapes, says it is unripe.:p

Good guide to everyone!:)

OdeFinn and Mauro like this.
  7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I always drove the GT3 + GTE and all the rF2 cars that have an ABS and a TC deactivable 100% of the time by disabling these driving aids :

I find these cars very natural and easy to drive with the standard setup and these helpers off, so if you hate the principle of driving aids in motorsport, you can disable them.

Will you be as successful online ?
    I do not know against people who use these driving aids.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

But that doesn't mean the behavior is correct in rF2. There is a video with Beatriz Figueiredo (IMSA, Michael Shank Racing, Acura NSX) where she talks about the aids in these cars, she said the NSX is super sensitive with ABS low or off and lock the wheels too easy so whenever the track is dry they use ABS from 6 to 9 and when raining 10 (max). Something also interesting is that she said the ABS on odd numbers make the car oversteer and even number understeer (or the contrary, I always mix up these 2 words).
    Sure the level of ABS may be different on other cars with better electronics since this is an open area in GT3 basically but I dont think they should be this easy with it off.
    I mean if the person dislike the use of electronics the cars in rF2 doesn't help them to like them even when they are off
    TC on the other hand they dont seem to use much, even on bumpy Sebring she was using 2, but look at that ABS (onboard @ 3:20)

VirusGR42 and Atsuki like this.
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Who cares :eek: Its a hoot ;) A bit tricky but certainly enjoyable :D

First 2 laps of Imola in the Cup car , one out lap and a hottie

Levelup1, OdeFinn and pkelly like this.
  10. vitto

vitto Registered

@DrivingFast

from the conclusion you have drawn from my post, I would say that you have misinterpreted, and therefore please, avoid saying that I hate.
    maybe you read too fast and in the same way, answer.
    and without offense, you didn't say anything I didn't already know

ps:
    after the potato, what I like the most in life is driving!

Good day

11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

To be honest, I only read the beginning of your post, the part I quoted.

I would have read at all, it's true, but I especially wanted to answer on what I quoted.

It was something that I wanted to say for a long time and it was an opportunity, indeed I do not know if others like me :

Systematically turn off these aids.

I have no pleasure driving with helpers.

I did not judge the whole of your post and even brought no judgment, it was just the opportunity to talk about this topic and to know if others were doing the same.

Cheers!

12. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

where is the safety net ? Eh ? Car is dangerous!;) and have a look at Minute 0:26 und 4:12 :D:confused:

and whytf are there no hotkeys for the replay ...

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

This is so rF2, yeah...i just say Tatuus at Zandvoort...
    I really don't know, why they can't fix that.

This is a general problem with the sim, not the car.

14. lagg

lagg Registered

I think that this is more a problem of the collision model of the car or a lost vertex of the track.

15. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

This video can easily show difference in RPMs on car display panel, data displayed in digits is not the same as graphically displayed bar RPM value. Same issue is basically every car that has graphical bar RPM display. At least on GTs, haven't looked further than that. Will this be fixed is the question?

16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Zandvoort seems to have a lot of lost vertices then and the collision model of the WSK Tatuus also has some strange data then...(Happened more to the AI, than me, i think they use too low ride height there)

2ndLastJedi and lagg like this.
  17. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

In my video both are riding the curbs with that thick bumps ?
    Zandvoort has the same problem in 2d corner with that high curb there.
    And its with AI >100%

lagg likes this.
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I have not and never will see this as i have a phone dash in front of the virtual dash so I'm not sure what or how bad this is!

19. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Then why post a reply?

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Just stating that I didn't even know there was an issue. I probably posted my previous comment wrong, text is always hard to portray emotion.
    Without the comment I would not have seen the issue as the in car dash is always blocked, nothing I said was meant as anything negative.

So fukin chill alright :p

Marisa likes this.