Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Looking forward to get on this car. Reading comments I wonder if the car indeed is so, or is it just a widespread paranormal noobivity in simracing, when every bit of a challenge makes simracers weep.

juanchioooo likes this.
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

You can believe most of the comments...this car is beasty af with its default setup. ;)
    Someone could give you a Simrig, without Cockpit view and just looking infront of the bumper cam and you would recognize this car just by behaviour really fast, when once driven before.^^

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

I really like driving these cars. IMHO they seem the most realistic sim mod I have driven. The default setup, however, is awful.
    Luckily, there are only a relative few setup parameters that can be changed, but what can be changed dramatically affects the handling.
    The only things that could be better are the brakes seem a little weak, and the rear wing doesn't seem to change the speed differential that much
    (I was getting 287kmh on Conrod straight at Bathurst with P9 & 291kmh with P1)!

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

move brake bias to the front
    the rest is history

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

As were the Cup cars irl on the weekend ;)

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Adsta's helpful tip #84. ;)
    I always unassign any control input that I don't need so that way it cannot accidentally be turned on.

DrivingFast and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I got given shit for doing this to all unused buttons! But fully agree and have been doing this since I had accidentally put steering assist on (man this setting messes everything up and screwed me for like a week), undriveable!

ADSTA likes this.
  8. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Mate I love the car, some tweaks to brake bias, pre-load, toe and ride height and it is supremely drive-able and controllable.

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yeah it does have a character, I love how braking is challenging, and that rearwards weight distribution wants to take over control. But nothing too much challenging. And thats with default, can get easier quickly with setup as it was said just now. It also is quite forgiving for slides, I drifted whole woodcote at Goodwood as i had lift off oversteer, barely lost any time and never really lost the car completely, so even though it is snappy and edgy it does not seem to have same characteristics for the point of no return. I also failed to experience proper wheelspins, even from standstill with full revs, I went to turn off TC to setup, and yes I ofcourse didn't find it :D I lowered FFB strength by five percent.

Probably didn't put it properly on the pace though. 1'14 flat at gooodwood with fresh tarmac. Need to have some reference laptimes, and drive in more tracks to tell more about the car. I would probably be certain few seconds off pace from Aliens, but I would probably be just like that in Mario Kart too. But it did feel even though edgy, at turns and braking, it didn't feel wrong. I thought it is not edgy enough for wheelspins just like about most S397 cars, it gets a bit more as tires wear, but IDK... I also found it forgiving for slides that seems like they should be about there towards the point of no return. So in general IMO car is a bit easy, and I do think that simracers has gone too far about perceiving cars as too difficult, and that might be the true point of no return.

10. CrimsonEminence

Try to get sub 2 minutes on Nürburgring GP, then you should be able to get some juice out of the car and feel its true character.^^

mantasisg likes this.
  11. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Laptimes are nothing worth without mentioning grip level, ambient temp, fuel level.
    I hope you guys have not the traction and abs help enabled.
    I tried to learn ibarra and the cup in one and it was nightmare (not much grip, means standard road grip). Total crap the car.
    Got on our server at sepang, real weather, rain. Again total crap how the car drives.
    I will never buy a Porsche even if I could! Porsche can not build race cars obviously.

12. CrimsonEminence

Lower tyre pressures (around 120-110 results in around 150-155 warm pressure), brake bias a bit more at the front, fuel for 6-8 laps, 25-30°C ambient, heavy track. There you go. 2:00:000s are possible.^^ (and sub)
    I think, most of the rFactor2 players aren't using any assists when testing a car purely, how it's meant to drive.
    Uhm...no :D But the default setup is not great indeed.
    Yeah, obviously, that's because they are so successful for years :D

Ricardo Diz and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  13. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Would you spend 200k € for a car like this, just handling wise?

Akela_DE likes this.
  14. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

If you spend bit time with setup, it will go smoothly over kerb.. , or somehow over .. :D
    Don't blame car, it's masterpiece.

juanchioooo, Mauro and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  15. Powersky

Powersky Registered

Jason Whited likes this.
  16. CrimsonEminence

You probably have to spend even more, than just 200k...
    I gave you some values for the improvement of handling...especially the tyre pressure should draw your attention ;)

17. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

expensive hobby

18. Filip

Filip Registered

I would love to spend 200k € for a car like this.
    Because that would mean that I am millionaire. ;)

19. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

dis guyz are cheating! For sure they have ABS turned on - no smoke! :D:)

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I tried the AC version last night and it has TC but no ABS! Maybe it's year depending, some years have ABS or TC and some have none.