Where's my steam license key

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZOLLERMAN, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Okkkeeyyyy... :rolleyes:
    So, you can stop to spam the forum and see it directly with him now :p

2. NKX

NKX Registered

Sorry to dig this post up, but after reading the entire exchange, I had to add some things:
    1. Some people just expect to play a game, and might choose to do so with friends, or solo. Not everyone needs to follow a company on social media, or be an active member on the forum, especially if they aren't a league or multiplayer person. With regards to the forum in particular, I typically only use those for troubleshooting, and don't tend to log in to any of the forums for games I play. Making impact changes to a game or service, and using these indirect contact methods for existing customers, is not a friendly approach. The users here, giving the OP a hard time for not seeing these, are being extremely rude.

2. I bought rFactor 2 a long time ago, and had rFactor a long time before that. Heck, I bought rFactor 2 as a pre-release/beta. Unfortunately, the game wasn't that great back then, and the potato on which I was trying to run it on left a lot to be desired in the framerate department. Why am I bringing this up?

Like the OP, I didn't receive any notifications regarding the Steam migration offer. Nothing. And before you get started, my email is a business domain, hosted by Google Apps for Business, and has no settings that would prevent emails from arriving. In fact, as I couldn't remember my account password (it's been a while), I used the "forgot password" option, entered my user name, and a reset email immediately appeared in my inbox. Not SPAM folder. Not blocked due to being on Yahoo/AOL/whatever. Arrived in my inbox, immediately. However, the first time I heard about a migration, was after I Googled rFactor and found this forum post in the search results. I didn't receive any emails.
    This might be an unpopular thing to say here, but I 100% agree with the way the OP says this went down. I, too, find myself without the ability to play a game I backed (and never really got to play). That being said, I've asked (nicely) if anything can be done via email, and will accept their answer; because let's face it, all of us likely have dozens of games in our library that won't work anymore i.e. Age of Empires III. Would I love to play rFactor with my friends? Heck, yeah! Am I expecting to, now that the migration offer is over, and regardless of whether I received the email or not? Probably not. Unfortunately, not having EVER experienced the actual game in a completed or usable form, I can't see myself paying another US$31.99 (A$43.00 + international fee) for the Steam license... which is a shame. But as others have recommended, I might add it to my wishlist and see if it drops in price later.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  3. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Out of principle is where you are wrong. If one year to change over is not long enough for you then that is your problem and no one else's. No game developer should hold your hand and think for you. It is up to you to keep up with news and/or maintenance of anything you purchase. It is only your fault that you are in this situation. I changed over my account to Steam during the 365 days (more than enough time) I had without any issues like most who bought it during the ISI days.

4. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

What is rude about telling someone about their incompetence? At least we told the truth. If one year is not enough to take action on something then I would not want to be the individual. Why all this talk about expecting a developer to hold one's hand? If one buys something in life without any desire to keep up on the news of it's development, then the blame rests solely on the individual's own shoulders, not anyone else.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Pay attention during the Holidays. Steam and S397 have a history of offering sales.

6. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

No. He is a victim of not keeping up on news of what he purchases.

7. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

"Put on your steam wishlist and you'll get notifications when it's on a sale so it'll be 15 euros or so (maybe even less)..." But he will say he did not get the email again. :)

8. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

So what you are saying is that S397 should cave in for those in the wrong? I simply have to shake my head at such silliness and non logic.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

This thread is 2 1/2 years old....

McKiernan and Ronnie like this.
  10. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

"It's entirely my fault that I don't monitor the forums or have social media accounts and for that I apologise. Anyone who also doesn't monitor forums or social media is not a valid customer..." Ummm, why can you not just be a man and admit this situation is entirely of your own doing? To blame others for your own incompetence is just non productive. But I can see you will stick to your "principles" although they are very incorrect on this matter.

11. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Woah, that is news to me, lol. I just get very upset when some try to blame everyone else under the sun but themselves when in error. Cheers

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

as replying to hours old Discord messages to trigger useless discussions wasn't bad enough already....

AMillward and Ronnie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.