New Content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Sep 29, 2019.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Do you, or anyone here, have links??:)
    Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  2. Filip

Filip Registered

Bmw is in steam workshop.
    Murcielago can be found on ISR (internationalsimracing.com).

Porsche and Ferrari are part of some pack. I thinks its called Cars of the century 2 and also can be found on ISR.
    Can't remember where I got yellowbird from but you already have that one.
    For his cars its best to ask @Rastas

Edit: just found this

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    avenger82 and vegaguy5555 like this.
  3. 006

006 Registered

Yeah knockhill, thats more like it. Leave the F1 car parks alone and concentrate on enjoyable tracks! Lucky they made Zandvoort before F1 got there to destroy it.

4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Think the only way for street cars to make it in is for modders to do it. But then that'll mess with some peoples' "I need real data realistic realistic realistic" preferences.

Then it'll be a case of take it or leave it.

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Realism is the most important point in a simulation.

If you take the Murcielago we just talked about........ it's an RWD, when IRL it's an AWD. (However, some Lamborghini customers have passed their Murcielago in RWD).

But if a basic thing like the transmission, which can be modified by anyone in the .HDV file, is not good, how do you grant the importance to the car ?

Realism is the most important thing on rF2, otherwise we will play Assetto Corsa or Gran Turismo/Forza.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. enduser

enduser Registered

I d like windshield in the existing cars. Improved headlights too that actually illuminate the tarmac in front of you.

Sort bugs & offline features / AI issues & improvements.

Then tracks like Spa & Monza that are used in various classes which are covered in rf2.

More indycar tracks like Bell Isle & St Pete. I ve read Alabama will be redone with LIDAR data, St Pete doesnt even exist in iR that would be a first and it has some nice sweeping corners / narrow sections (i like street circuits).

Historic tracks Oulton 67.

Rest of the GT3 field. If the Italians are expensive to license at least the Japs?

Modern F2 with option to remove the halo , or else 2017 F2 would do it for me i dont care for the absolute latest. If RSS could port to rf2 their Formula RSS 2 v8 that would be very cool.

7. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I play both. I don't see this whole snobby attitude about AC not being as superior.

8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Unfortunately this is not a snoby attitude.

Assetto has a lot of cars that I really like.

I would like Assetto to meet my expectations, but my first expectation is realism :

If you find the physics of Assetto rrealistic, not me.

On the other hand, I did not want to put on the same level Assetto (simcade according to my definition) and Gran Turismo (game).

My priority in a simulation being realism, even if Assetto has a lot of assets, I can not and do not want to use it.

Rui Santos likes this.
  9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Never said I find it realistic. I just pointed out I play both and I'm bored of people looking down their noses becuase other sims aren't 'up to standard'.

But since 397 has said that street cars aren't on the radar, modders are the only option and they won't be able to use real data etc etc.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Scoopscat7 likes this.
  10. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Race cars over street cars every time for me and reading this thread and the other similar thread on street cars it looks to me like the majority are of the same view.

S397 have said they don’t see themselves doing street cars so it’s up to those that want it to find a modder who is of the same view. I’m sure some will want to drive it but I suspect it would be less than a race car.

For me S397 should finish GT / Endurance as far as they can then some single class racing series BTCC WTC etc all supported by the correct tracks.

davehenrie likes this.