3 Wide rolling starts

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Viking443, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Viking443

Viking443 Registered

Hi,

I've started playing with the rules plugin and have updated the StockCarRules sample to try and create a 3 wide start during the formation lap.
    I can see in the logs the code being called, adding cars to each of the 3 Lanes but the cars still only lineup in 2 lanes.
    Is a rolling start with 3 lanes possible with just a rules plugin tweak, or is more required to get this going, or is it not possible?

Any help appreciated.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I don't think it's possible. Unless you can select which paths the cars will go to(I don't know how the plug-in works), you're probably out of luck.

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I would say that only 2 lines are possible with a rolling start, because the grid follows the in the aiw file defined left and right pathes only, what is hardcoded, i guess.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

If possible, you could have another line follow the main path, because it should be right down the centre of the track.

5. Brent

Brent Registered

I'd take a look at the Indianapolis 2013 track in the workshop. I believe ISI/Studio397 set that track up with a grid for a three wide start when you use the Indycar layout and that can be used to test the plugin. For 3 wide starts at other tracks I'm pretty certain you'd have to build another layout for the track with the grid setup for three wide much like Indy, it would require editing the AIW after getting the track in dev mode, setup the new layout and then package the updated track. I'd hope the Indianapolis mas's are not encrypted.

Just something I've observed... I know for tracks where I haven't setup the left and right paths, on a double file rolling start, when I skip the formation lap the AI cars all start on the main path line but quickly form into two rows by the time it gives you control. It seems the rows are setup by the grid in the AIW and the left and right path help space out and fit the grid when the field teleports.

6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I think the rolling start is hardcoded in that way, that the grid uses the left and right path only.
    Or do you know a method to force the ai to use 3 pathes at rolling start?
    With a standing start there should be no problem to sort the grid properly.

7. Viking443

Viking443 Registered

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll have a look at Indy 2013 to see if it works there, then check out the AIW file.

8. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Last time I tried, it simply didn't work. As mentioned earlier, it's certainly hardcoded.
    ISI didn't bother integrating this when they did an IndyCar mod and Indianapolis, S397 failing to get the IndyCar licence they won't bother either.

9. Viking443

Viking443 Registered

Thanks.

Yeah I found it's still ignoring it after I added a middle lane to AIW so nothing has changed.
    Shame.

10. Brent

Brent Registered

That's a bummer. My only suggestion is in the CustomPluginVariables.json, there is an option for DoubleFileType, normally it's set to 2, I'd try to set that to 3 and see if it works.

"StockCarRules.dll":{
    " Enabled":1,
    "AdjustFrozenOrder":25,
    "AdjustUntilYellowFlagState":3,
    "AllowFrozenAdjustments":1,
    "DoubleFileType":2,
    "Logging":1,
    "LuckyDogFreePass":1,
    "WaveArounds":1,
    "YellowLapsMinimum":5,
    "YellowLapsRandom":0

If that doesn't work, check out this thread below, Matt has made a lot of updates and improvements to the original stockcar rules plugin. He would be the best to ask if the rules could be modified to add three wide starts.

Here's Matt's topic for his updated plugin and he also has a discussion forum in Discord:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ed-stockcarrulesplugin-dll.60541/#post-951424