[REL] WTCR 2018 by Tommy78

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Aug 20, 2019.

1. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Did a quick check, and I believe it's the first word of the class definition instead of the last o_O
    Please note that you have used "WTCR 2018" which gives the classes WTCR and 2018. You would probably want to use WTCR_2018 to have it a single class (makes it easier for AI field filtering too).

2. halfwit

halfwit Registered

Just over 12 quid well spent.Excellent ,good sounds also.

3. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Thanks mate.

halfwit likes this.
  4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Ok, after tried up this mod i have to say it's really promissing. I know it's an early job but i think we can have here a great FWD mod. I want to say that the sound (external is better) and the tire graphic (looks like a real tire) are two of the main qualities of this mod.

It has its flaws anyway, the graphics are very good, but there are some glitches, the rear lights of some cars, the helmet being too small, the FFB very strong and the tires wearing out very fast. It's possible anyway to reverse that wear, messing with the setup, but all i can use pushing those tires is 15 minutes, where grip on last 4 is a disaster.

Apart from that i really like the mod and the way Tommy is communicating with the community. I wish all modders or developers were like him.

Cheers and keep up improving the mod! ;)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    zxd1997, memoNo1, halfwit and 2 others like this.
  5. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Thanks mate, i try to answer for all feedback. Sometimes i don't have enough time to respond, but i try as soon as possible.

zxd1997, memoNo1 and Rui Santos like this.
  6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

7. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Rui Santos likes this.
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Every single word mate = +1

Rui Santos and Tommy78 like this.
  9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Tommy78

Maybe you are the man who needs URD? Just an idea..

10. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

First off, these are some of the best WTCR cars in sim-racing, let's get that straight off top. Combined with Rfactor 2 FFB it's sim racing heaven. I've been driving these cars since I got 1.1, especially the Audi. But, in version 1.2 the tire wear is a little excessive, which cause the tires to heat up rapidly. This causes the cars to slide all over the place, and that's about 4 to 5 laps around Nürburgring GP. This was not present in 1.1. Other than that, I am a happy camper with the attention to detail on all other levels. Thanks again Tommy78 for your hard work! Rfactor 2 needs more modder's like you to push it forward!

11. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The cars create a heavy CPU load. With a triple screen setting, 29AI, 16 visible, opponent level set to low, i got only 30 fps at the end of the starting grid with only 50% GPU load. With the original GT3 i get 48fps in the same condition. Thats a huge impact.

12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

After some more testing and tweaking the setup i've been able to race 15 minutes with only 45-50% wear, so there should not be a problem racing 20-25 minutes sprint races with them. I think it's great as it is because it forces drivers to race in a realistic way, not overdriving the car like i was doing...

memoNo1 and Tommy78 like this.
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Mate can you give me any tips for a working setup please?
    Some screenshots possible from your setup?

Probably softer chassis? Soften the stabilizer? Toe in and out more positive? And the dampers also softer?

That was also a thought to me.
    I always drove with the standard setup.

Tommy you create it very realistic.
    And I mean that very positive .

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

You need to invest time on it and (VERY IMPORTANT) learn how to drive those cars as it should. I'm testing the setup and working on it yet, still struggling a bit with the suspension as in Motec it doesn't look good, but the driving was the key to reduce the wear from 13-15% a lap to 6-7%. I'm using the Leon, and main changes were:

Toe: F -0,40 R 0,80
    ARB's: F Soft2 R Soft3
    Moved the braking to the rear, something like 53-47
    You can also try rear wing at +0,5 or something, instead of zero, one click more. It stabilizes the rear of the car and so the overall wear won't go too high. Also don't overdrive the car or rotate too much the steering wheel, that way you'll be putting excessive temperature on tires. Just do everything on the right time, "slow in, fast out" ;)

Cheers!

memoNo1 likes this.
  15. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Mate what do you mean with ARB?

16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Anti Roll Bar o_O

memoNo1 likes this.
  17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Ahh.. my translator always says stabilizer and not anti roll bar ..:D
    Thx mate

Rui Santos likes this.
  18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

At first you should correct toe in on the front axle and correct it to toe out. I have never see a car with that setting. But correct we when i am wrong.
    Has anyone driven this car with a DD wheel or high torque wheel on 100% and was able to hold the steering wheel straight at higher speeds? For me at a certain speed it starts oscilating and i barely cant hold the wheel. Reducing the force only reduces this effect but also reduces normal effect strenght while cornering. I suspect that if the toe is allready incorrect that there could be something terrible wrong in the suspension in general

Rui Santos and memoNo1 like this.
  19. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Yeah, the car wander a bit on straights, specially on first lap, also the suspension in Motec reads very wrong values, but i'll keep testing it today i hope...

20. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I had a look at the suspension in devmod and i saw that tommy tried to rebuild a McPherson suspension behaviour with a multi-link suspension which in general i find a very nice idea. Maybe thats the reason for the strange behaviour of the steering/ffb