Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Not sure i can make it for a swim in the Monaco harbour tonight. If i'm not there.......have fun guys :)

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hi all. Bryan is improving really well and is hoping to go home much earlier than first thought. Wheelchair and walker for a while but he's already working out how he can race......:)

3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Unfortunately I didn't even make it to the start. All fixed now. Did have the chance to watch a couple of great battles though. Jim and Andres and then Jim and cookie battles were great to watch.
    I was going to run the Datsuns @ Laguna Seca but there isn't one in the workshop. So this week it is the Datsuns @ Oulton Park Fosters.
    Hope to see you all there.

4. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Sounds like a good combo. Paul. Yes, Andres, cookie, and I had a great time racing closely. I had five laps of respite at the beginning while they kept each other distracted. After that Andres was all over me until lucky lap 13 when our contact was greater than our tires' adhesion. Andres thought it was his fault. My replay looks like it was more mine. Either way, Andres should have carried on for the fun of it. I love this close racing with drivers who try to keep it clean and close. I'm looking forward to more as always. Thanks for keeping this going until Bryan gets back on track.

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Just as well you were watching them.
    I was in a battle that in itself was a battle to watch.
    My solo battle trying to not have a whole episode of Worlds Worst (Non Russian) Driver dedicated to me. :oops:
    Even my shadow was embarrassed to be seen with me.
    One day I might remember that a '68 EVE F3 shouldn't be driven like a '71 SSS Datsun "convertible" in the hands a drunk 17 year old.
    At least not when trying to race. ;)

jimagn likes this.
  6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hi all. I spoke with Bryan yesterday and everything is going well. Doctor is impressed with his recovery. Apparently it's not an operation that has much success but he seems to be bucking that trend. He is looking at going home pretty soon (needs to get a bit of work done at the house to make it wheelchair friendly) so it won't be long and he'll be back with us.

Tucker Fleming and woochoo like this.
  7. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Glad to hear Bryan is doing well.

I don't get a chance to race with you guys very often, but when I saw the F3 Fanatics at Mosport, I had to try to make it. Mosport is one of my favorite tracks. Praccy and Q found me in the middle pace wise. Early laps with ADSTA were fun and I could see ahead to the fun Andres and cookie, etc. were having. I didn't have the pace to catch up, but it was fun to see them gradually pull away from me.
    It's always a fun race with you guys.

Thanks for the fun guys. I'll try to make some more races.

If you guys ever want to compare laps times and see how they compare to others, there is a good site for this at:
    https://rf2.gplrank.info/
    It was started by the host for the old GPL Rank site.

jimagn, ADSTA and nonamenow like this.
  8. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

I'm gonna race today, we're at Oulton Park Fosters with the old Datsuns. Should be fun!

nonamenow likes this.
  9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Thx to all for turning up. Great track in the Datto. Was lucky and got a great start into 3rd and then 2nd spun giving me a nice run in 2nd for a while until I missed a shift and then a couple of mistakes later.......:rolleyes: Still had heaps of fun.
    Back to the F3's again this week at Blackwood GP Rev/NC (DX11a in workshop).
    Hope to see ya all there. Great that a few guys were on TS chatting with Bryan too.

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I thought I'd better add, to those who don't know this layout, whilst this is the no chicane layout the chicane isn't blocked off and visually looks like it's where you are meant to go........don't get caught out. ;)

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  11. Tucker Fleming

Racing F3's tonight at Blackwood reverse, no chicanes. Done a few laps, it's a good track! See ya in a couple hours!

12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So I thought it was time to revisit Longford. I have put the F1's up atm, but let me know if they are a bit too wild and I'll go back to the F3's.

woochoo likes this.
  13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Bryan will be going home tomorrow as his doctors are happy with his progress. Friends have stepped up and made his house wheelchair friendly though Bryan doesn't think he is going to need the chair for very long. He is confident with the walker and crutches and is working out ways to modify his rig ready for racing.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Excellent, I'm ready to take him out at T1. No sympathy :p

Tucker Fleming, Emery and nonamenow like this.
  15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Server is setup for race day. There has been a lot of people on the server during the week, hope to see most of you for the race. Seems a popular combo. :)

16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok, that was fun and scary all at the same time. Really enjoyed this combo and to only have 2 DNF's was amazing. Thx to all who raced.
    Got an ok start sitting in 5th but made a tiny error and lost a place. Unfortunately the guy in front hit the bridge and started cartwheeling everywhere leaving me nowhere to go so ended up last. Battled my way back through discarded hay bales (I still think Lazza was throwing them at me :p) and a fence post and finally enough mistakes in front saw me able to steal 5th at the last turn.

I decided on an easier week after that. For now I have the Datsun Vs Toyota @ Brianza Junior.
    This may change in the next day or two depending on how popular it is.

jimagn likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Fun, eventful race, I haven't driven the F1s much so I had it moving all over the place, and couldn't carry speed through the corners to keep time on the straights (probably needed some setup changes, I only knew to bump the final drive up, should have adjusted brake bias if nothing else). Early on was fairly clean, little worried on the first lap as Robert seemed to be taking it easy on the straights and things were closer than I'd have liked, then I lost my braking points a couple of times and then started leaving gifts on the track for Paul. In my defense I even warned him about that fence post, but he still nicked it. Reckless driving on his part :D

Found myself in 5th I think on the 2nd last lap and heading ok, then drove into haybales again and only had 1.5s on Cookie and Paul into the last lap, was going ok for half the lap then had more understeer and did some sort of somersaulting thing that seemed to last about 10 seconds after slamming into the bridge. Found my way back to track after a couple of stalls and finished last of the runners.

Think I'd need a good few hours of solid practice to race those things with any confidence. Good for a change up though.

jimagn and nonamenow like this.
  18. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I have the GTO just haven't had a chance to try it yet. A little younger than we usually race but you never know.....;)

19. Tucker Fleming

Hit the bridge and cartwheeled over the fence and couldn't get back on track! Dang! Get em next time!

20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Bad luck Tucker. Will be back to the F3's this week I think. Had the Datsun and Toyota up but changing. A little bird tells me it's a good idea to wait on the Dattos and Toys.

ADSTA likes this.