[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Stefan_L_01 is your game exiting correctly with that setting? A crash on exit will often stop config files being saved.

If it's not shutting down, there might be old logs it's trying to convert but are broken. Check the DAMPlugin output file to see which log(s) it's working on.

2. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I deleted all the content in the log output (motec output) and it seems to work again
    Cheers

3. oppolo

oppolo Registered

Hi
    do you know why I havent oil and engine temp?
    [​IMG]

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

1. rF2 provides water temp and oil temp. There's no "Engine Temp". You'd want Eng Oil Temp and Eng Water Temp.

2. If you're not getting Eng Oil Temp (as in that screenshot) there's a good chance the car you're driving has blocked engine telemetry channels.

5. oppolo

oppolo Registered

ok thanks, it is official porsche cup

6. benborp

benborp Registered

I tried to update to v0_910 using the handler today but Windows Defender identified a trojan in the zip file. Hassle free manual installation though.

7. williang83

williang83 Registered

I have a few question:
    - Is it possible to have vehicle empty weight?
    - What's the kg/l of the fuel in rF2 ?
    - Is it possible to have front/rear track width embedded like the vehicle wheelbase?
    - Is it possible to have tires radius embedded like the vehicle wheelbase?

That's being said we definitely need car's specs exposed in ui at least the base ones.

Thanks in advance

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The plugin can only log what the game provides. It doesn't provide an empty vehicle weight.

The fuel density can be set per car, but generally it's 0.74kg/L.

Track isn't provided by the game, neither is the wheelbase. The 2.850 embedded in the logs is just a cure-all value that makes the oversteer calculation in i2Pro work (it won't do anything with a zero wheelbase).

Ditto for tyre radius.

@williang83 Just thought about it and realised fairly often the track (and wheelbase) will be visible via the _Setup values, it would be possible to pull those out and embed them in the proper place. Unfortunately their availability is dependent on the car - those values only appear in the car setup when the vehicle HDV sets those values explicitly. If the HDV has those blank (so the ones in the chassis.ini or suspension.pm file are correct and don't need any adjustment) they won't be in there as setup values. So a little flaky.

**annnnnnd immediately need to correct myself, even when set explicitly the wheelbase isn't in the setup files. So it's just not available.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    williang83 likes this.
  9. Andrea Dalla Valle

Andrea Dalla Valle Registered

Hello, how can I activate the optional channels? because at the moment I just can't see them.
    I'm waiting for news

Andrea

10. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Edit your INI file and enable the channels you would like to add

upload_2019-10-19_20-50-26.png

Paolo Pennimpede and Lazza like this.
  11. romaFC

romaFC Registered

I tried to log some laps around Watkins Glen with Porsche GT3 Cup Car with extra channel config at 2.

And nothing logs there.

Just zero shows up in motec.

Is that due to rf2 not allowing some cars to be logged or I messed something up?

[​IMG]

edit: gonna edit my self lol.

reading other posts it seems not all data is allowed for NDA reasons.
    makes sense.
    all good.

was trying to figure out the gt3 cup car as its loose like crazy.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

All the cars from DLC paks have been locked up by S397. You can only get a small portion of what is available from other cars. One assumes it was done to assure manufactures that their precious secrets not be spilled to the masses.
    So all the GT3, GT3 Cup, GTE, LMP2 & 3 released by S397 are similarly protected.

romaFC likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Updated to v0.92:

Added number of laps, best laptime, and best lap number, into the .ldx files so they show up when opening files. @GPNeville hopefully that resolves that one, let me know if something still doesn't work right (I did a few tests without issue) - thanks for the report!

As usual the Handler and Manual Install archive are attached to the first post. There's no virus or trojan, but antivirus programs may throw a false positive on the Handler so grab the manual install archive if that happens.

14. GPNeville

GPNeville Registered

Working fine now - cheers @Lazza

15. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

I can't seem to get the telemetry marker doing anything. I've set a key up on my keyboard to Telemetry Marker in the Devices section but there are no markers being shown in i2 Pro. I haven't used this feature in any previous version of the plugin yet so maybe I'm just missing something?

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Have you checked/graphed the marker channel?

@M Lynn Just tried and it doesn't appear to be working - I have half an idea what I've done so I'll take a look.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Updated to v0.921

Fixed Telemetry Marker functionality.

Thanks @M Lynn . I missed a single line when I changed over to the multithreaded stuff, obviously didn't test that :(

tagada83, Corti and McFlex like this.
  18. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

Thanks Lazza, great job :)

19. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

Does anyone know what's going on here? I've noticed this over the last couple of months and it doesn't seem to be car or track specific. On some of my i2 Pro graphs the scale is off because right at the end of the stint some of the telemetry values have went through the roof. I haven't noticed this before if it existed. I usually just Esc into the garage rather than drive into the pits when my tyres are done so I'm not sure if this is a contributing cause, I'll have to test more. It seems a bit random at the moment. It's a bit of a pain when it happens because you then need to change the scale to see the data properly. Note the temps at the end of the graph. Any ideas Lazza?

Attached Files:

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@M Lynn the end point can get a bit messy with timing, that definitely looks like I need to cut off the values a bit better. I have made changes to that code a few times over the years and can't remember my last updates. Assume that's using the latest version?