Canadian Tire Motorsport Park

Discussion in 'Locations' started by senormen, Oct 9, 2019.

1. senormen

senormen Registered

cheers ;)

C_Stephens likes this.
  2. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Awesome,like always ;)
    And thank you.

senormen likes this.
  3. Hocician

Hocician Registered

Thanks Senorman, very great stuff!! Hopefully you have some more projects in the pipeline - we need guys and mods like this!

4. gunner1483

gunner1483 Registered

Yeah a project like converting Daytona from AC :D

JuanP006 likes this.
  5. pascom

pascom Registered

Maybe Mosport 67's with posters and buildings this year? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Dady Cairo likes this.
  6. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I've never heard of this track before today. Damn, what an absolute blast it is to drive. I don't think I've ever had so much fun learning a new track. Thank you Senorman and anyone else involved in the project.

Juwe Lahann and senormen like this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Absolutely one more must have track for rF2, 2019 must be a year of great tracks for rF2. I like it so much, so much feel in it, and it is just simply proper oldskool racetrack, that deserves to be driven non stop.

Huge thanks for you Senorman, and original AC version authors for this epic piece of content. It is a must have, and I believe there won't be any kind of car which won't be epic to drive and race on this brilliant nicely flowing and beautiful track.

I have some feedback in terms of execution of this track. Although I know it is brilliant in AC (I just haven't driven it in AC yet) and frankly it really is brilliant here in rF2 too. But here are few bits that catches my attention when driving there:
    • Groove line object from AC. Not sure if it is needed for us. If it is an artwork choice thats kool, but IMO it would be better without it.
    • "3d" vertical grass is nice in general, but unlike AC rF2 is really missing variation texture shading, so it would not look so perfectly uniform in its colour, which in some times looks not ideal.
    • Some shrubs are exactly the same colour and shading as grass lawn/terrain texture, so they gets camouflaged completely.
    • In day time grass looks pale, which means it has total white as diffuse colour, and from my experiments I found that mix of orange/brown/red looks best, though it depends on texture colours. I found that grass colors looks mostly brilliant in morning and evening.
    • Trees are quite dark, especially at noon time, while grass gets quile pale bright, trees are pretty dark. It all again looks mostly great at morning/evening.
    • Tree walls at noon time gets way brighter and greener than trees in track, which looks off. In my personal observations trees in far distance usually seems to look tiny bit darker than the nearby trees, but I guess that depends on sky/clouds.... Right now trees looks like in track they are in heavy shadow, and in distance there is sunshine, which is of course not the case here.
    • Rain real road looks pretty awesome, but as soon as it stops rainign and sunshine comes over, wet kerbs turns into unnaturally strongly sky reflecting bright blue buggy look.
    • I hate, absolutely hate shadows of rF2 being so dark by default. I have worked around it in my wip project by making ambient colour a few tones brighter, then object doesn't appear so black in a shadow. Right now I just turn on headlights to make shadows brighter, just like I do in Nordschleife for example. Which is a bit of an extreme solution for a problem, and it really is a problem. But thankfuly in only little section of this track, not the whole, like in Nords.
    • No authors are mentioned anywhere, nor on loading screen, nor in mft file.
    Your welcome, and thank you. And thank you again for converting this track so well. I love it !

And as for AI, as much as I drove with my cars AI worked brilliantly for me, just like in other quality tracks - not too fast, not too slow at 105% (my pace :D), but I drove cars that has AI slightly tweaked by myself.

8. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Had the same on sunset between 7pm and 8pm.
    Just wanted to test the track for a few laps. Now i stopped, after 2 hours / 50 laps. Soooo much fun to drive! Thanks alot.

senormen likes this.
  9. senormen

senormen Registered

yes . . . it is fixed . . . also after watching multiple videos and looking at even more pics never saw any pitlights . . . but tonight i found a video showing pit out lights so will add those too in an update ;)

hahaha . . . good to hear . . .

10. Emery

Emery Registered

Remember the loading screens will go away whenever we get the new UI, so no need to waste time editing that.

senormen likes this.
  11. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Awesome, thanks Senorman! I haven't tried this yet but I know what I'm doing this evening!
    I'm so glad you took on the project of converting this from AC. When the track was released, I was STUNNED by the level of detail. I like to spend some summer weekends volunteering at CTMP, and this version of the track is agonizingly close.

Quick Update:
    I gave the track a whirl and ended up spending way more time than I planned! It looks phenomenal! If I was going to suggest anything, it would be to add trackside vehicles purely for aesthetic effect.
    Tow trucks are positioned on the outside of turn 2, middle of the hill, escape road near turn 4, outside turn 5b, and left side before the turn 8 marshal post. Left side far corner of turn 8 run off, a white cube van is parked for the track cleanup crew.

I would also suggest adding the ISI/397 ambient 'party' sounds to the turn 3 area, as that's the case in real life!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Ozzy and senormen like this.
  12. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Excellent track. Thanks Senormen.

[​IMG]

senormen likes this.
  13. dazzer

dazzer Registered

the track is really great, I only have one doubt, I drove with the USF2000, the IA was running at 18 kph when the race resumed after an SC

senormen likes this.
  14. bears

bears Registered

Another top quality track from you thanks so much for your ongoing hard work :)

senormen likes this.
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Found an invisible wall, here in this screenshot hitting it:
    [​IMG]

senormen likes this.
  16. vitto

vitto Registered

thousand Thanks senormen !! really a pleasant surprise for me, I love this circuit (in reality I was hoping that a good modder would sooner or later carry it in rF2) and you did a great job !! He really wanted us ..... thanks again:)

ekki and senormen like this.
  17. senormen

senormen Registered

sure your car didnt throw out the anchor ? :D

18. vitto

vitto Registered

it doesn't happen with all the cars, but actually there is something invisible, I noticed it for now with the Tatus at the entrance of the curve

senormen likes this.
  19. senormen

senormen Registered

okay . . . not seen that will try to replicate . . .

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's usually some verts that don't quite match up, getting caught by undertray points or a sharp car collision body mesh.