HOW TO: Creating a RaceEvent with Paid Content

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Martijn Benschop

Martijn Benschop Registered

I tried to host an event with paid content, but it fails to load and the serverprogram crashes when starting with 'Load Track'. It works with basic content like the Clio cupcar though.
    I tried the "How to: Hosting with SteamCMD and Paid content" guide but i fail to find: - Close your server and go to ....\MyServer\UserData folder on my pc. What should come before \MyServer ?
    Oh and i just host a race via my own PC (where i have the paid content on), not some other PC used as a server.
    I am a bit lost here and want to setup a decent race with friends.

Game crashes at this screen after 5 seconds or so: I have the +1 version of the GTE cars added in the package.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It just means your server folder. It has a userdata folder in it.

(you can see the start of it in your server window title bar; yours is running from the steam folders)

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@Martijn Benschop Your problem is the track...Road America and one other, who's name escapes me atm, do not create the required files in the server's cbash folder when started...the fix is to go to your Game install and navigate to ....\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\CBash folder and you should see two files named RA2016.cbash and RA2016.rrshd....copy those two files to your server's cbash folder and then fire it up.
    If you do not have those two files in your cbash folder, start the game in Single Player and select Road America track...you can then exit and they should be there.

4. Martijn Benschop

Martijn Benschop Registered

Thanks. I will look into this. Got a server running last night with paid content. So that works now.

5. clark10

clark10 Registered

@Christopher Elliott
    Hello Christopher, I'm a rF2 event manager for a french league and we didn't suceed till now to host event with paid content ( a part one time with endurance and gt3 pack because we bought it on server directly )

I have the paid content on my local computer and I followed the guide to host it on server.

doing so I'got this
    [​IMG]

any idea to help is welcome !!

thank you in advance
    Regards

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    philmcqueen likes this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

7. clark10

clark10 Registered

@lagg

yes its what I did

mixer61 likes this.
  8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Check your vmod, did you select 1.05 for the vehicle, I've seen the screen like yours (occasionally) when I've added the lower number vehicle...ie if using the same cars as you I select 1.04.

clark10 likes this.
  9. clark10

clark10 Registered

I selected the latest revision of the car ( 1.05 for the Porsche Cup )

10. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I had this problem while trying to host the Porsche Cup...
    If you have a second copy of rF2 on your server & steam open on the server pc no cars show on the selection screen.
    Close steam completely and you will be able to see the cars when hosting a steamcmd server.

11. clark10

clark10 Registered

@GrimDad

it works !!!!!
    thank you so much

philmcqueen and GrimDad like this.
  12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

How do you edit an existing package, like if you wanted to add another track for your server?

13. Stefan Wukovatz

Stefan Wukovatz Registered

Hello S397 and all which had the same issue!
    I have a special problem. At first, I have tried to find something here in the forum and also generally in the internet.

My Racing PC, where I have my wheel and others installed:
    The Dedicated server crash every time. I have tried it in the launcher and also via the Shortcut (.exe), of course with deleting the BIN64 in the path of the shortcut.
    But it is, that wverytime a window come up with "Initializing Dedicated Server...", but after 2 or 3 seconds the window is closed and that's it.

Therefore and before I am writting here something, I have installed rFactor 2 (via Steam on both PC's) on my second PC.
    Now I am confused, because on the second PC I am coming to the window, how it should be.

Windows 10 on my Racing PC has a fresh Windows 10 installation, but also with the old Windows 10 installation, it was not possible, same problem.
    In the launcher I have tried also the NEW dedicated server. There the window works, but this dedicated server don't has the same features of selections for the events.

Who can help me?

14. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Paul, editing the race event/vmod has never worked reliably for me, it’s probably quicker(and less hassle) to create a new race event/vmod

15. Bocas84

Bocas84 Registered

Muy bonito el Nuevo IU, pero ahora como servidor lo lanzo? Con el viejo si pudiera pero con el nuevo no puedo. Espero que faciliten la apertura del servidor.

16. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks, I'm trying to use paid content on a Linux-based server using WINE to run rf2 dedi. I have the native Linux steamcmd.sh available to download workhop items, so can this client also be used to download paid content after creating and placing the "serverunlock.bin" file as outlined above?

Thanks,

Uwe

17. lagg

lagg Registered

hoover likes this.
  18. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks lagg!

So in order to download the Formula Pro car on a dedicated server using steamcmd.sh and the URL below

https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/60/

I'd use "60" as the content id?

How would this URL have to be changed for steamcmd?

./steamcmd.sh +login MySteamUser MySteamPassword +workshop_download_item 365960 60 +quit

The above command works fine for workshop items, but I'd probably have to use a different option for items from the store, right?

All the best,

Uwe

19. lagg

lagg Registered

In the lower part you have the WorkshopId
    upload_2021-7-23_11-33-46.png
    I can't see this now but i think that the command was the same as other "normal" items

hoover likes this.
  20. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. The download via steamcmd.sh seems to have worked using that id, I'll try installing the mod next once I've generated that unlockserver.bin thingy.

All the best,

Uwe

lagg likes this.