Street Cars Survey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

f
    full agree

2. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

It makes sense that people here are mostly interested in race cars since rf2 with it's content is more attractive to those people, and the people into super/road cars aren't here for the same reason.
    Making a pack of super/road cars as free dlc would probably be effective way to bring in some of those people, so i think it makes sense businesswise.

Those games with super/road cars like forzas, gran turismos and ac are pretty popular. I think part of the reason for that is having super/road cars (people's dream cars) in them. Having a sim with some of those cars, and with arguably best physics and ffb, could be quite attractive for good amount of people.

3. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I would like to have everything with wheels... quads, RC cars, ice cream trucks, drift cars, super trucks, soapboxes.
    I don't need super serious racing every day, it should be allowed to just have some fun sometimes. This IMO is part of rFactor since it's incarnation where people even modded speed boats.

I would not mind to get a street car with racing versions. For example they could have put in the "normal" 911 GT3 (RS), when they released the Cup car.
    They way it is done with the fantasy Kodi ZR might also be a way to put in street cars with racing upgrades.

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I find lack of variety extremely depressing. So absolutely yes to road legal cars, to race cars, and to all eras from where car could induce at least some wheelspin.

To me it is obvious that all cars are racecars technically, some just aren't on purpose, but could easily become. If it moves, you can race it. For me simulation is simulation of a world, not imitation of its realities. For example modern racing is not the best possible racing Imo, no need to imitate it all the time, you can simulate whatever could be physically possible. Not doing that at all and just imitating modern boredom is just depressing.

And it is extremely obvious about this niche market, probably less than half of all car people are into modern day modern racecars. The rest is spread through rest, which is main difficulty I guess.

As it was said already it is no wonder that current rf2 is molded around majority of its current players, the rest are just not here to begin with. Same goes for graphics, sound, non leagues online racers... You can't get much in depth about these things here because there aren't those people who are into that around.

5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I spontaneously think: The Batmobile (Dark Knight the true Batman) would like to test drive on the NoS .. :)

Filip likes this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

A highway mod with a BMW 3 Series against a CLK AMG also has its charm .. with the RF2 physics downright perfect .

7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The "against" are very noisy, as always on all subjects, but I'm sure a big part of the users want between 1 and 5 official S397 very realistic road cars.

It's silly to scream that we are against, because it is simply for S397 to do 1 or 2 (more if they wish but they do not want it), nothing that would question the preference of S397 for race cars.

For me this noise is just to annoy those who legitimately want that on ~40 S397 cars there is at least 1 road cars, and no more for the duration of rF2.

Nobody asks for 10 road cars, and seeing that it is unlikely, no one dares to ask if only 3 or 5, so.... where is the problem.

We must satisfy everyone, we must stop living in his little selfish world.

8. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Weel,im making street cars,i dont care if ppl like it or not,i make them for ME then i share them,this is an open moding platform,some ppl dont realize that,i even go try to make a bike,cars from my F&F mod are to come too,also a bus :)
    Just enjoy...or not :D

avenger82, pkelly, IgnacioK and 7 others like this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

For me the street cars I give them all, obviously if some moders do something is in their right, it is a contribution to the community, other things is that it is interesting for me, but ... there are more people

10. 006

006 Registered

This thread is a survey of how people feel about road cars for rf2. You only want the road car fans to respond?

11. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

I want less powerful race cars such as BTCC, tourings cars or equivalent (I know there is the Honda Civic BTCC, but I'd like a DLC with many cars and with as much attention given as current DLC cars). These are plenty fun to race on. There's room for something else than GT3/GTE cars on rails, and more generally high horsepower cars.
    I think a good Touring cars DLC would attract a new crowd.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  12. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

+1 !!!

13. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I just want to see rF2 grow. I didn't intend to make anyone angry. There are a lot of race cars I'd like to see in rF2 as well. I just noticed there wasn't many street cars.
    Unfortunately for the na sayers to street cars if Studio-397 doesn't attract more people to the base game and only depend on us for income from DLC's we are all going to be waiting a long time for updates.

Can you imagine the attention rF2 would get if Studio-397 announced a street car pack? They could start with any currently licensed race cars like the GT3's.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  14. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

There's plenty of street cars to convert from rF1.

15. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I don't think Studio-397 has anything to do with rF1? Plus the cars need to be scratched built for quality and DX11.

16. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Just curious as to which thread you've been reading?
    The OP asked
    "I heard Studio-397 would not be building any street cars and just wanted to know how everyone feels about street cars.
    I think rF2's physics would be the best sim for road cars myself?"
    And people have responded in a pretty gentle way (I thought). Some yes and some no. And I have seen some valid points made for wanting street cars, but I haven't changed my view.
    You are entitled to your opinion and so are the rest of the people who responded to the question. There is no need to be insulting to those who disagree with you.

Mike Tobin and DrivingFast like this.
  17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Just curious, where did the RC cars come from? Now, if someone was asking about more of those I can understand the hostility.

JimmyT likes this.
  18. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Oh, and just for argument sake, you race a street car! I'll let you!:)

And on a scale from 1 to 10 how angry is everyone at me?:)

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'd rather drive and race normal street cars than some road legal hypercar - if I want a fast car I'll take a race car.

You get better close racing in slower cars, and they're better for entry level drivers. Plus, having (realistic) slower cars keeps the fast ones in perspective - people get used to modern GT3 cars and think everything sticks to the road, come off the track at 140kph in a more normal car and think the physics is wrong.

So, some street content is good, but still focusing on race cars obviously.

20. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I don't think anyone's angry mate, it was a valid question you raised. They're just expressing their views (passionately) :)

Mike Tobin and vegaguy5555 like this.