Bug with "select passenger" option

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Liongivre, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Liongivre

Liongivre Registered

Hello,
    I create this topic to report a bug. On an endurance race on the Daytona circuit, during the inlap, I chose my teammate to replace him. When I click on the button to select the passenger, it causes a gear change on the car's gearbox and it goes from 6th to 1st with the gearbox breaking and abandonment. We are two teams that have undergone this pb. Both teams were driving in LMP2.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

that is brutal, I hope you find a solution. I would first ask about plug-ins. Some of those seem to be a real roadblock for the driver changes. And I would look if both of you are driving the same options, i.e. high downforce or Le Mans downforce, even the lights and LED scoring panel. Make sure EVERY driver on the team has all those tuning options exactly the same. I haven't done team races in ages, but can you still have the entire team load copies of the setup before entering the track? If nothing else, before I went to the track, I'd drive offline and make sure the current race setup is the saved default. Eliminate as many variables as possible.
    good luck.

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

If you're driving, you shouldn't have to press passenger select, you just choose the name in the pit menu.

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Do you use joy to key or any other key mapping plugin / program?

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

6. Liongivre

Liongivre Registered

I'm not the one driving, I'm the one taking over.

I don't have any plugins installed. I disable all plugins before the races.

I am used to endurance, it is not my first endurance race so I am used to the change procedure.

I made several driver changes in the afternoon before the race for training and no problem.

Another team LMP2 had the same pb during the race.