Street Cars Survey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Oct 5, 2019.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I heard Studio-397 would not be building any street cars and just wanted to know how everyone feels about street cars.
    I think rF2's physics would be the best sim for road cars myself?

2. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Probably you're right basing on Honda NSX and Cobra. Both are amazing.

3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

That would be great! And above all, S397 would build a wider customer niche with it. From time to time I just do not feel like racing cars. But just for a race in the Honda Civic or a BMW 3 Series. Since I grab again on AC and the great roads courses back .

Alex72, xerofer and vegaguy5555 like this.
  4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

And I just want to make clear that I don't hate race cars. I will buy any new cars from Studio-397.
    Although I find the E cars are kind of boring.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  5. 006

006 Registered

Absolutely no interest in street cars for me (so no i wouldnt buy a dlc if you're listening S397 :p)

6. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Too many great race cars to worry about street cars.

7. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

It's a race simulation, so race cars only, what ever type. Street cars have no interest for me no matter how exotic and I wouldn't buy any DLC so S397 would be wasting their time, that time could be put to better use with curing bugs and updating some of the older cars and tracks and more laser scanned tracks This is RF2 not Asseto Corsa.

Aceking, Mike Tobin, xerofer and 4 others like this.
  8. Mike Tobin

Mike Tobin Registered

Same, street cars have no appeal for me at all

9. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Maybe they should do one car as dlc and see if there's demand.
    Also having one s397 made road car and street tyres would help modders who wants to make road cars, i think.
    For people who prefer how race cars drive, there could be time attack version of the same car.
    Edit: wanted to add that i definitely would want more road cars for rf2. I'm scared to drive the ones we have now, because they feel so addictive and there is seemingly no future supply for that addiction.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    avenger82, IgnacioK and vegaguy5555 like this.
  10. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Good on Studio 397 , I’ve no interest in street car for this sim .

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

should have put a survey question at the 1st post.
    There are plenty of titles like Forza that cater to street cars. Forza 7 has 100's of them by the look of it.
    If there was a survey asking yes or no about street cars, my vote would be in the no category. I don't have time to fully sort the existing content, I would never be able to learn the cars and cities(if that was also included) in a street car package.

Aceking, Mike Tobin and Ricardo Diz like this.
  12. Binny

Binny Guest

IMHO it wont be long till someone rips 1 and puts it up for rf2. It seems to be what the new generation to sim racing does especially since AC hit PC.

13. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

No interest here in street cars. There are possibly titles out there that cater to street cars (apparently Forza??) maybe their patrons should lobby them for better physics. :)

14. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

no point in having street cars in a racing simu for me!
    on AC there are many of them and except to have them out once they are useless!

15. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

I would like to see at least 1 new road car for rf2. Driving road cars on circuits is just a whole different type of fun since they are so different from your regular race car and that kind of fun can't be replaced by any race car. Also rf2 has many "useless" race cars but of course we won't go into that because rf2 doesn't have many to begin with....

16. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

It's odd that they would spend so much time and effort on the Nordschleife but not have any plans for road cars, plus the fact that they don't seem interested in the historic cars either. You can't drive a lot of race cars on the Nordschleife in reality because of all the elevation and camber changes from corner to corner. However, it's considered by most road car manufacturers as a major proving ground.

At least there's the possibility for modders to make good road cars. There's that MR2 mod in development that would probably be great at the Ring.

Also, anyone who thinks that driving a road car is a massively different exercise from driving a race car, probably just doesn't know much about driving.

twinkle and dylbie like this.
  17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I think road cars would open a whole new market of people to rF2, which would lead to more modding and so on?
    This would also mean more development money, which would be good for everyone.

twinkle, avenger82, IgnacioK and 6 others like this.
  18. Brent

Brent Registered

I enjoy race cars but I'm all in for more road cars.

19. Depco

Depco Registered

Road cars, Super Cars and exotics hold no interest for me. I prefer that S397 continue to develop racing cars and racing tracks. rF2 after all is a "Racing Simulator".

Now, having listed my opinion, I do see a benefit to S397 working on street cars and exotics for the people who like those things. If S397 were to expand their team a bunch I could see them possibly working on Street cars. But with their current size I simply don't foresee them taking away their limited resources from the core of the game (Race cars on race tracks) to develop street cars unless a manufacturer were to pay for that development.

20. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

no street cars, please.
    And i want complete classes, not single cars.