Player lagging problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Fabian Balle, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Sometimes my car is stuttering and I "slow down". The AI drive normal and FPS are no problem. But somehow Im lagging and its nearly unable to drive because I am so much slower then the AI.

Spec: i5 7200U, Nvidia GeForce 940MX 2GB, 8GB RAM, 1000GB HDD (440GB left)

I tried to minimize the graphics but it doesnt help all the time. It's worst at ePrix tracks but sometimes on normal track like NOLA. Sometimes NOLA is working perfect even when I change nothing.

When press Control+C the green bar is at 100% and when it lags the purple/pink bar is at 100% too (Check screenshot).

Attached Files:

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

That means your CPU needs upgrading, or try lowering the amount of AI you're running with.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, your CPU is most likely throttling down. i5-7200U is a low-power laptop CPU, but it should in principle run the game unless you add 30+ AI. This CPU should reach about 3 GHz, if not, it's throttling.

Throttling of CPU is typically either due to temperature going too high or power limits exceeded. Power limit can be fixed by plugging laptop to AC, whereas temperature issues are typically due to modern laptops having poor cooling solutions, so check that the CPU fan is running and you can try some software to tweak its profile.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  4. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

So the best thing would be to buy a new Laptop/ or even better a PC

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

you can also go to the power options control panel in windows and turn off the power throttling. Choose Max or Ulitmate Performance. If this overheats your laptop, you can set it back after the session.

6. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Getting the same symptoms GPU line looks fine and FPS doesn’t look to be an issue just I’m going much slower than AI etc.

Im running a AMD 8350 and a 1070TI card would I’m thinking time to look at a new CPU and probably mobo?

Stress testing shows up nothing and the 16GB of memory that doesn’t report any errors.

I’ve been away from rF2 for a few months and several updates later I’m not able to run it confidently. Yeah I can hot lap and get 2 or 3 laps in before it hits but no way I could race online and AI races will just be frustrating.

Turned everything down in settings and no difference to the issue.

Any thoughts or anyone with a similar setup with it working?