How about a TimeTrial mode?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slatanek, Oct 1, 2019.

1. slatanek

slatanek Registered

So I was thinking... I often find myself not having time to setup a race or race a league race. But I often have a couple minutes to just lap a track without any obligation.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a TimeTrial mode just like Automobilista has? Online leaderboard is a no brainer. Starting a flying lap and having the tyres pre-heated with no wear would be appreciated IMHO. No need to go to the garage (bar setup adjustments), just pure balls-to-the-walls action.

What are your thoughts guys?

M-Bimmer, Korva7, UGM 133A and 6 others like this.
  2. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I like it :)

slatanek likes this.
  3. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

considering the most wanted features list this might be better done by plugin. Should not be too hard.
    i d like to see this, too.

4. Magus

Magus Registered

+1 - with the option of loading any ghost from the leaderboard.

UGM 133A and slatanek like this.
  5. slatanek

slatanek Registered

I think implementing this should be simple enough to include it in the game. Plugins are okay, but it would be another hassle which honestly rFactor 2 should avoid at this point since ease of use is not its strongest suit and it's something that can put people off. I think rFactor 2 should focus on expanding the user base, so the more fleshed out the base game is the better. As it is now it's like a collection of a bunch of mods and a bunch of plugins (half of those don't work anyways) and it just has to stop. It's not that difficult to design a proper HUD or UX.
    EDIT: another problem with plugins is this: when s397 changes something in the structure of the game we would have to rely on someone making the plugin to rewrite the plugin every time. Not ideal.

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Not that difficult? Its at least A LOT OF WORK to keep it synched and make tons of dynamic options available. So easy, no.

A solid plugin running custom sessions on the server. It all depends on a good api.

7. slatanek

slatanek Registered

if you limit the user to car and track selection with fixed weather it shouldn't be that work intensive especially when you have source code access.

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

With the upcoming competition system, this should not be too hard.

slatanek likes this.
  9. Nordlords

Nordlords Registered

Leaderboard for each track different cars would been amazing! Nords with leaderboard saved yes plz:)