Pitstop strategy advice please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PaladinUK, Oct 2, 2019.

1. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Registered

Hi,

Is it possible to set up a default pit stop strategy before race start WITHOUT having to access the Pit Menu at all during the race.

For example, I want to make a single stop, take on fuel but I don't want to change tyres.

Whilst I can set my stop and fueling requirements in the Garage options before the race, I can't see anywhere to set tyres to 'no change' and I have to access the Pit Menu once I'm in the car and then fiddle with buttons and rotaries, to make the required changes.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No, you can't disable tire changes without going into the menu.

PaladinUK likes this.
  3. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

If you have a headset you can create commands using Voice Attack sw. You might create a macro to disable pit fix and forcing tyres change using one voice command.

I managed to do that by recording the keys sequence necessary to open pit menu, disable car fixing and pressing the more litters key a number high than necessary to fill up the tank of any car. This macro is triggered by one voice order.

Of course it's an example, you can create alternative orders as no change tyres and confirm. This prevent you to manipulate the pit menu and crash your car and be dead burning on the car wreck.

Voice attack is available on Steam.

Emery and PaladinUK like this.
  4. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

If you edit the tyres to no change before you leave the pits on the recon lap or whilst sitting stationary on the grid before the start you can then race without having to adjust anything on the pit menu during the race.

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Ah yes, good point. And that'll only change if you damage the tires badly enough.

atomed likes this.
  6. WSS_Mike

WSS_Mike Registered

remember to check if repairs got triggered during the stint. Easy to forget when you think you have all set at the start.

Vance Le Garde and ECAR_Tracks like this.
  7. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Exactly, and it's an old annoyance from rF1 when you have some few scratches in the car body your pit crew' Einsteins waste 70 seconds to polish and paint your car again and maybe spray some fragrance meanwhile your adversaries are roaring 300 km/h in the box straight. This is the why I think Voice Attack or something similar is a must have for any simulator (racing, flight, etc)

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I use voice attack as well, fairly reliable...lol. my voice changes from dawn til dusk, in part due to my insane Diet Coke habit. I have a couple of commands to change the fuel levels, by using the sledge hammer method. "Big Left" reduces the fuel for the next stop by 50 litres. I also have big right. medium right/left, small right/left and other commands to change the LCD screens. Combine that with the amazing Crew Chief plug-in and you have a very thorough voice suite.

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  9. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Registered

Interesting. So you can use Voice Attack with Crew Chief?

Thanks to everyone for your advice.

10. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Registered

Many thanks for this. Just been messing around with Voice Attack, as you suggested, to recreate multiple button presses from a single voice command and it's absolutely brilliant. Covers all my needs!

I should have used it years ago.

Thanks again!

ECAR_Tracks and davehenrie like this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes they both work together. I have Crew Chief set to listen only while I press and hold the comm button. Voice attack is live all the time, but it ignores commands it does not recognize. Crew Chief is a plug in, and some of those have been identified as reasons for the lags many users experience. However, I think CC has been thoroughly tested. Voice attack is NOT a plug-in. So it is just another program running alongside rF2. Shouldn't cause any problems.

12. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Yes, VA + Crew Chief push the racing sims to another level. The problem of modern race simulators is they require almost real-life driving and strategy skills but they forgot we are alone to manage everything. IMHO a in-built team principal to help you should be part of the modern racing sims as they get more and more real.

Vance Le Garde, McKiernan and Emery like this.
  13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

That is definitely one option to check in your player.JSON:
    "Smart Pitcrew":true,
    "Smart Pitcrew#":"Pitcrew does things even if you mistakenly forgot to ask (one example is changing a damaged tire)",

Change to
    "Smart Pitcrew":false,

Pitcrew will now only do what is set in the pitstop menu.
    I'm not 100% sure but pressing the Spacebar during a pitstop cancels any repair work.

atomed and ECAR_Tracks like this.