Nordschleife

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason Mullin, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

I agree its fantastic track but on my side worst fps of all 100 tracks. Only Sveg Raceway has similar performance.

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I'm running an OSW 20nm with a Fanatec F1 rim*.
    It's only the Karousel that's uncomfortable.
    However the GT3 Cup is much harsher on the jolts than the other GT3/GTE cars I've tested. Most cars I use a 65% multiplier but this one at 55%. I don't think I could do a 2 hour stint in it but the others are fine.
    That car doesn't offer caster, spring rate or damper adjustment either so not much can be done. Has anyone else seen someone's sense if humour in the setup menu for GT3 Cup?
    The diff preload; if you select the min 70nm it's says "70nm worn out".
    *That rim btw has stood up just great to the OSW forces for say 3 years now. It's chassis is steel plate so it's a good rim.

3. blanes

blanes Registered

The Nords drive is very nice with AF Pro. With SC4 I use either responsive or default mode depending on the car though I have few times dropped to Soft because even though AF max strength is 13nm it can get very tiring with constant strong corner forces. Thankfully sc4 can be changed on the fly.

Now if we can have more settings for Horizon lock please devs !?

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This piece on Nords got me into this track
    ( back in the rfactor1 days )

Still a good watch

vegaguy5555, pkelly, Levelup1 and 2 others like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I remember her! She has such large, lucious, eyes!

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Few more notes about Nordschleife I have to share.

I usually don't use grip presets because groove looks too dark for me for already dark tarmac, but naturally I sometimes need high grip preset to test maximum possible pace I/car has in Nordschleife. I drove with medium preset yseterday, and I couldn't help but feeling that it is wrong. I have developed an opinion that it might be too strict, too narrow at lots of turns. I suppose it was created by running AI ? Because AI drives so strictly on predefined path, and it results in weirdly narrow groove path at many turns, where it should get wider. At various places it feels right to be narrow and strict, but not everywhere, there are turns where it feels like it should grow wider indeed. I suppose if the line would be created by using real road data from actual real people racing around, then it should have more realistic results, unless all of them are aliens, who drive through turns in a margin of error from ideal line of few centimeters every time in 20km track.

Another thing which definitely lacks are replay cameras. I don't think that current set looks nice, I understand that there is need for zoomed out camera set to show race action better, but it does also miss action slightly too much. Which is common issue with trackside cams. Another thing is that there isn't a set that would display individual car action better, there are so many track places where I would wish to observe a car better through replay.

Thanks and your welcome.

Ronnie, sg333, Hocician and 3 others like this.
  7. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

This track is really bad ass, very nice to hot-lap on it.

The only backdraw for me are the tree shadows on the grounds, it's strange... I guess if someone is epileptic better to be careful, it's seems the shadow refresh rate is different of the rest of the 3D world. As a non-native English speaker I'm not able to describe the bad feeling.

Aside that, it's so funny.

8. Hocician

Hocician Registered

Yeah, replay cameras are lame... to wide, no car behaviour, no good screenshots... just boring!

Ronnie likes this.
  9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

It's a general problem of rFactor2... the sim that does that best is iRacing.

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Welcome to rF2, you must be new here.

pkelly likes this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

in the thread itself, I already told Christopher Elliott if they were going to put other TV cameras, I am still waiting for an answer, well I really do not expect it anymore, but hey, it is a saying, an irony;).......:(:(:confused::confused::cool:

Ronnie likes this.
  12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just resurrecting the thread before awesome update. It can be seen from screenshots published in latest roadmap - it seems pretty good !

memoNo1, Risto Kappet and DrivingFast like this.
  13. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

what means BOP in roadmap updates?

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Balance Of Performance. In many racing series, like the GT3 events or Le Mans/WEC, the organizers attempt to balance the various cars so that big blocky heavy cars like a Bentley can compete against a Ferrari or Lamborghini. They adjust power and weight and sometimes how big a fuel tank is to try and regulate close racing among wildlly different cars.

15. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Balance Of Performance.
    (Equalising the pace of the cars by adjusting weight, power, drag, fuel tank size, aero grip, minimum ride height)

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thread is about nordschleife. "what does bop mean in roadmap?"

Cmon. This is not discord.

Yesterday I have driven a lot of nordschleife, planing to drive it for few hours again today. So the differences in update whould be perceived even more. Awesome track.

Emery likes this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Ideal day for rF2 guy today, you launch PC and Nordschleife update is GO! GO! GO!

18. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

They still have that milf on there to milk out views not that i complain those are some juicy....

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

They do ?

And the update is out since my previous post turned out to be last of previous page, I feel obliged to repeat lol

Dady Cairo likes this.
  20. TTM

TTM Registered

Is update cancelled, because my download speed is 0. :confused: :rolleyes: ..Okey now it's downloading.. :)