Released Nürburgring (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/shadows-and-mirrors.64167/
    I've reported many times and the devs are silent....this issue is present since the rf2 creation by ISI and I think it's not fixable.....the 3d engine is very old.....sad.
    It's funny, it should be a priority....the immersion for me goes from a 9/10 to a mediocre 4/10....My fix is to race by night.....

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    geg and marvelharvey like this.
  2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Hmm, I've had what seems to be a similar issue myself: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/please-help-find-my-shadows.59891/

However, the root cause of your issue isn't the same as mine, as S397 already patched it last year. I had the exact same symptoms though; standard shadows from all camera positions bar cockpit. Weird bug to say the least.

Do you remember what build you first saw the shadow render problem?

3. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

At most tracks, I don't find the ol' ISI shadow-on-barrier problem isn't too much of an issue, as it's only noticeable at locations where the barriers are close to the track, which may only be two or three times per lap. But what circuit has barriers right next to the circuit for the majority of the lap? The Nurburgring. Barrier barriers barriers everywhere. Hard-edge shadows following me and distracting me wherever look.

4. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

I've been playing since the early Beta days and I never really noticed this issue because I never had hardware that could max out the graphics and still get good performance until recently. If I ever noticed it before, I probably just assumed it was because of whatever settings I had set.

It's not just the guardrails though, it's the grass next to the road too. You can see in the pictures that there are shadows on the road, but not on anything else next to the roads.

5. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

playing in VR i have massive fps drop and stuttering on Nurburgring 24h (not in other layouts), mostly in the box straight. someone else noticed it?

i7-7700K, 16gb DDR4, GTX 1070 8gb VRAM

6. Numrollen

Numrollen Registered

on vr i have the same Problems. even my gpu is not at full load

ayrtonforever likes this.
  7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I can’t understand
    In VR
    With the R8 Audi
    It’s 90-91 FPS solid
    With the Tatuus
    45fps

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Same here
    I have 90 FPS on the Nürburgring then when I arrive to Nürburgring GP it’s 45fps.
    I-7 8700, 16gb
    2080ti.

9. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Most likely, you've maxed out your video ram. Download gpu-z or something similar and you can monitor video ram usage. I have 8gb video ram, and it maxed out when Firefox was also running in the background. When I closed Firefox, it free'd up about 1gb or so.

xerofer likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We all think of Nords as a great big huge track, but in 'most' areas, you cannot see very far. Where-as the GP circuit is wide open and you pretty much see the entire circuit. I would guess that the extra drawing into the distance is what bogs down the GP course. A-lot of the Ring can be 'hidden' by all those trees. Just a guess.

11. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

but in the Nurburgring GP i have no issue, it's smooth even on the box straight...

Filip likes this.
  12. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Probably because the gpu ram isn't burdened with holding all of the textures from the Nordschleife, like it would on the 24h.

13. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

i hope a better optimization will fix it

14. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Could be the pace car that is being used. It's mirror values can overwrite the other cars.

15. Filip

Filip Registered

This is strange as open wheelers usually provide better fps opposed to tin tops.

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

It depends of the polycount of the 3d modell. A higher polycount means more drawcalls which means more CPU load with the result of a Gpu usage below 99 percent. The CPU is simply to slow. Its the same story with the Grand Prix Part of the Nordschleife. The 3d buildings increase the polycount............

17. geg

geg Registered

I have this issue since day one too. It breaks immersion very badly. Very sad because I love rf2. Could we have an official answer from studio397 on this?

18. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

The level of detail is a pure declaration of love!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the pic suffers a bit. Look ingame even better.

19. Flinty72

Flinty72 Registered

Wow what an amazing rendition of Nurby Nords.
    Well done S397, the narrowness & undulations are next level when I compare it to others in the market. The trees being so close & so tall is another standout.
    Thanks for all your efforts, the wait was worth it.

muzikant and Patrick Schumacher like this.
  20. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Has anyone tried this with the March? I just did a race and the entire field wiped themselves out before reaching the carousel. I went from 36th to first in half a lap. Not my most challenging win.

AI: 100%
    Aggression 4%