New Lighting System.. when?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fábio Martins, Sep 29, 2019.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Yes, I have that issue of flickering headlights and blinking light sources. Why do you think that the shaders work an all HW and software configs?

2. Filip

Filip Registered

Because this is a thread about rf2 graphics.
    Why some talk about ffb and physics I can not understand.
    If you wanna talk about that other stuff do it in appropriate thread.

Ozzy, Will Mazeo, mister dog and 3 others like this.
  3. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

Rfactor2 has good graphics...I can't find anything bad about it.

4. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

Many users still have that flicker... That is so... You are absolutely right.

5. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

try harder

6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Not to mention the world's worst shadows in all gaming. When will that be fixed?

Wills new vid about nords pretty much sums up rf2.

Will it ever be different.. I'm not sure.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  7. Hocician

Hocician Registered

The RF2 engine is for sure not the top notch engine...

BUT!! For must of the rFactor or simracing community it is less important to have a bling bling engine like pcars2 or ACC...
    The results of the newer tracks (Sebring, Nürburgring, and some mod tracks like okayama) are very very good (in my oppinion) for a realistic look and in the last years the engine made some great steps forward! I do not see any problems here ... take a ride from day into night at Nordschleife... when the deep sun breaches through the trees... it looks amazing and i love it!
    It is the same with iracing... it doesnt have a bling bling engine ... but therefore it looks clean, sharp and delivers everything you need for great racing...
    And when i look at ACC and see how shity the VR functionality is than i'm more than happy witz RFactor 2... i like the engine!

8. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

oh the usual beahappyhippowithwhatyougotwedontwantGFX argument. Not mine. what do you think people want to achieve with a 1000€ GPU ? The cheese model ?
    I love RF2, really, my only sim at the moment. Its a love with a big BUT. The rf2 gfx mostly just look "ok" , and yes, sometimes it looks "really" good. But there are also many flaws like shadows, rain texture, flat night lighting, no windshields, still a white shadow (pbr?), trees, 3D model etc.
    That reduces immersion, and thats what we "blingbling" guys want in the first place - INCLUDING TOP NOTCH PHYSICS :D

geg and mister dog like this.
  9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@Marcel Offermans

I like the rF2 graphics in ULTRA, although the wet road is often disappointing.

But it takes a disproportionately powerful PC to have quality graphics just acceptable (ie far from the ultra), associated with 30 AI, heavy rain and night/sunrise/sunset/low sun, and more than 6 AI visible ........

All "dynamic" aspects of the graphics engine and AIs are to be strongly optimized (especially AI).

In hotlap I can play ultra in VR without problems in all conditions, but I never get a constant 80 FPS. (GTX 1080 OC +10%, 4770K i7 @ 4.3 Ghz, 16 GB DDR3 @ 1600 Mhz).

EDIT

I use Rift S

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    geg likes this.