Cleaning Up Older Content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Sep 28, 2019.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Is there anyway to get some standard updates to these older mods somehow? (DX11, mirrors, wipers, rain. Maybe physics tweaks?) Especially the mods in the workshop. Or at least they need some quality control.
    These are the concerns when talking to people in other forums I find and I have to agree.
    Can Studio-397 do something? If so I would be willing to pay.
    Everything Studio-397 has done so far has been very good. I'm starting to see people migrate to rF2 more.
    I know it's not perfect but it is the sim with the most updates lately and is getting more attention all the time.

Thank you Studio-397 for all your great work.

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I think I read they were talking about allowing 3rd party modders to update the old ISI stuff.

From memory Kiko @ SR4L updated the Eve and Sparks (F3) and they are pretty good. Fanatics would use those if they were in the workshop.

2ndLastJedi and vegaguy5555 like this.
  3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Oh! That is good to hear.
    This version of the Nordschleife is really blowing me away. It's also making it quite obvious which cars need updating. Haha!

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I wish someone would do the old NSX and C6!

Also, there should be a standard that all mods need to reach before being allowed to enter the platform.
    I think some people see some of the (sorry to say it) bad mods on YouTube and think that's the rF2 standard.

Dookie, billyblaze and vegaguy5555 like this.
  5. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

I'd love to see the Howston G4/G6 and all the classic open wheel cars updated with current physics and tires. Maybe it's not so easy because it would require gathering more data for such cars, which might be hard to get access to?

6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I know the Howston has rain on windshield and working wipers.

7. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

IMO at minimum the older content should at least get updated to the new material system.

Content is essentially segregated into two teirs and the lower teir content is for the base game and the updated content is for the DLC (Tatuus the exception).

From a consumer perspective I think getting all the content on the updated tire model and material system is important to bring consistency to all the content and place rF2 in a better place from a QA standpoint.

Emery, mister dog, hitm4k3r and 3 others like this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I can only agree. I have no idea why it is taking that long to update the older content with new shaders atleast. I guess one reason is that the shaders are still WIP, but it would be nice to see the good content brought up to spec. FR3.5, the Megane, the McLarens, or even the stuff by Some1. A consistent experience is crucial to get new users hooked.