Rain effects

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Akela_DE, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

after raining: do you think this look like a wet surface ? I see the track is wet when i drive because of the white particles, but not by eye
    PP and Reflections low
    upload_2019-9-28_17-52-48.png

and what is that ?
    upload_2019-9-28_17-54-11.png

and the puddles ?
    upload_2019-9-28_17-54-52.png

i dont want to turn reflections to high because the mirroring is bad enough
    upload_2019-9-28_17-58-35.png

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I am extremely disappointed with the rendering of the wet surface on Le Mans and Nordschliefe (puddles, reflections).

On Monaco ePrix, the rendering is on the contrary very good !!!

Please S397 does something.

3. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

Welcome to rF2.....I think the FFB is the best, and almost all the rest has a very doubtful quality....for the rain and night, ACC is the killer....shadows, AI, rain, rF2 feels outdated and will never be....I stop, it doesn't matter.......I have said this 1 000 times....and no % rain in the choice selection....the wet conditions is like driving in a ocean....ACC is so gorgeous in the rain and by night, the new high standard

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@Alkoly

It would be nice if you stopped doing rF2 bashing.

Only constructive criticism is welcome here.

If ACC is so good, play there and go to their forum.

But if your criticisms are excessive and are not constructive, abstain you please.

Spyro and muzikant like this.
  5. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

shadows, AI, rain, I have made my critics....and i post on a thread which was a critic aginst the rain and the graphics...You have nothing to bring in the post, you complain against me, it's not constructive, you should move away first

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  6. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Guys, calm down, be nice. I know there are better gfx out there but i want a solution for RF2, not ACC. It would be nice to hear from 397 that there will be something done about the rain effects esp. the overdone mirror effects

7. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

and this reflection (wheel) is not possible
    PP Low, road reflection high, environment off.

Attached Files:

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Well, everything comes at a cost. The more stuff gets reflected the harder it get's for your hardware. So they have to balance how much stuff is rendered in the reflection against the performance, wich will be rather fiddicult for big open areas like Döttinger Höhe. If you want to have better reflections, setting road reflections to high is your best option. People are surprised by the good performance of the track, while it is obvious that it is a balancing act all around the track. The track is still a bit WIP and there will be some updates, so maybe give it a bit of time. I guess there will be a big update with fixes like the sorting issue in your last screenshot and the layouts in the upcomming weeks. The race groove is a bit wonky aswell, if you look at it closely.

9. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Welllllllllll, its not about performance or cost. Its about the really bad looks of it. Even street reflections low should look like a wet surface, not like greyish mud but still reflect things like a broken mirror. And thats happening on every track.

Should have put this in bug reports ;)

10. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

it's not a bug....it's the graphics quality.....if rF2 has the best FFB....you understand that many graphics parts are not good....if you have like me a high graphic quality standard....don't complain so much cause many of the rF2 users are not happy with the critics....and the devs have never answered about the shadows issue....

11. doddynco

doddynco Registered

The main problem with how the rain looks is that barely any objects show in the reflection on most tracks, even with all settings on max. I don't drive in the rain because it just looks bad, and doesn't particularly drive well either. There are a few mod tracks where it looks ok but basically we need the option to have every object show up in the ground refections (at least every thing bigger than about 50cm). On top of that, the falling rain is way too visible when you're driving, and doesn't seem to react to speed at all.

A decently detailled sky being refelcted in puddles would be amazing. I played around with the Sol mod for AC and man, the way the sky refected off the ground with wet weather was breathtaking.

I'm not really bothered about it because i'm sure S397 know about this are going to revisit the rain graphics again. They have proved that they are extemely capable with the new car shaders and the new tracks.