Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1115 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 20, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

at the top of the screen where you choose cars and tracks, there is a choice between "all events' or race events.(paraphrasing, I can't remember the exact names. Click on that and make sure you have chosen the 'all cars and tracks' option.

pkelly likes this.
  2. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

Hellooo.
    What's next? :) I hope the GT3 BoP, and the "GT3 24h package" for 24h nordschleife (if you need it).
    Let's go Studio397. Thanks everything :) GOGO :p

3. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello.

When version 1114 came out I updated my SteamCMD server but for problems I reverted to 1112 with:

Code:
    steamcmd + login anonymous + force_install_dir ../rf2-cmd-b + app_update 400300 validate -beta v1112 + quit
    Now that version 1115 seems stable I have tried a new server but it does not appear on the list.

To make sure it was not a port problem, I want to update the reverted server with:

Code:
    teamcmd + login anonymous + force_install_dir ../rf2-cmd-b + app_update 400300 validate + quit
    But it stays in version 1112.

That could be happening?

Thank you.

4. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Hi I don't know if this helps but between the + and the command shouldn't be any space e.g. steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rf2-cmd-b ...

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@JParra apart from the second one saying "teamcmd"? :p (I'm sure that's just a paste error into here)

Do you always do your spaces like that? Normally each +option doesn't have a space after the + . But maybe it works that way. As far as I know your second line should work regardless of where it's run (ie whether there's another version already in that folder or not). What did you use to install the first new version?

6. JParra

JParra Registered

Sorry, both errors are for not checking before sending, after translating.

Indeed it is SteamCMD and there were no spaces between the + and the command.

Code:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rf2-cmd-b +app_update 400300 validate +quit

I have this code in a batch and it is the one I have always used to update servers (we now have 4 up and running).
    But this time it doesn't work to upgrade to 1115

Will this work ?: "-beta v1115"

Thanks again

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How did you install this one? Did it show the correct version when running?

8. JParra

JParra Registered

I installed it with:

Code:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rf2-cmd-d +app_update 400300 validate +quit
    Like the previous ones, but in "folder rf2-cmd-d"

Then I copied the user player as I always do and changed the ports in multiplayer. The ports are open and redirected to the machine from the router, but it is not shown in the list, so I wanted to migrate one of the servers that work, to rule out that it was problems with those assigned ports.

These are the ports that I use on our 4 servers.
    The ports of "SIMULATION" had them followed, but it gave me problems to appear in the list and in this forum they advised me these others for the server "B", that's why I followed that rule for the "D"

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1VoKlx_xDEUJ2o0VHkOZL6vYfrQgFtJcr

9. JParra

JParra Registered

Could you tell me which are the appropriate ports to have 4 servers on the same machine?

To know if it is the problem that the server "D" does not appear in the list.

To be removing possible causes ... Although I want anyway I want to update servers "A", "B" and "C"

10. JParra

JParra Registered

I can't publish an image of my port list, just a link, but these are:

Server A (Works in version 1112)
    • HTTP TCP: 64297
    • HTTP UDP 1: 64298
    • HTTP UDP 2: 64299
    • SIMULATION: 20171
    Server B (Works in version 1112)
    • HTTP TCP: 64300
    • HTTP UDP 1: 64301
    • HTTP UDP 2: 64302
    • SIMULATION: 54298
    Server C (Works in version 1112)
    • HTTP TCP: 64303
    • HTTP UDP 1: 64304
    • HTTP UDP 2: 64305
    • SIMULATION: 20173
    Server D (Works in version 1115 but don't appear in server list)
    • HTTP TCP: 64306
    • HTTP UDP 1: 64307
    • HTTP UDP 2: 64308
    • SIMULATION: 54398

Thanks

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@JParra Is it possible the process for server B was still running, despite you closing the GUI? That would stop it overwriting the .exe and updating the version. Just guessing.

12. JParra

JParra Registered

I have found one of my two problems.

The problem was a matter of permissions, since I decided to reinstall server B and it didn't let me delete the folder, I had to empty it first and then let me delete it without problems.
    Then I installed and copied the user.
    Now it starts with version 1115 and is shown in the list.

I only have to know why the new server "D" is not shown.

Is there a place where I can consult a list of suitable ports to have 4 servers on the same machine?

Thank you.

13. JParra

JParra Registered

I finally have all the servers running. (The problem with server D was silly my fault) But now I can't close any normally.

They stays in the exit confirmation window but does not respond, I can only close them from the task manager.
    I had to change the names of the exe for each server. Only then can I identify which of the four servers I want to close.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks and regards.

McFlex likes this.
  14. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Yes, have the same problem when closing the dedi server. It is known at S397 and they are looking for a fix. We will see, when it will come. Hopefully soon ;)

JParra likes this.
  15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Yep, been like this for the last few builds...unfortunately.

16. JParra

JParra Registered

OK thank you very much. Well, we can only wait.

Regards.

17. McFlex

McFlex Registered

When you close the server this way, no log file from the last session will be written.
    If you want a log file then just click „restart weekend“ and wait until the new session starts. Than the log file is written and you also can close the server as you normally do by clicking exit

JParra likes this.
  18. JParra

JParra Registered

YES, it is just what happened to us in the last race, and we had to use our own XML to generate the classification.
    Thank you very much for the contribution.

19. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Yes we have been dealing with this for months now .. we also get a steam error on the server 148.jpg 150.jpg
    We just upgraded or server to a RS 2016 server (we were on a 2012) so we are hoping this solvs the no exit issue ..

20. JParra

JParra Registered

If it helps, although I suppose they will already have it under control, the option of restarting the weekend not only saves me the previous xml, but also allows me to close the server correctly and the confirmation window is not bugged.

Regards.

McFlex likes this.