Converted VIR sunspot

Discussion in 'Locations' started by davehenrie, Sep 12, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This is NOT the Reiza Studios DLC, but a conversion. It was on the workshop at one time. (I think)
    But there is one dx11 type error. On the backstraight, a pit building appears as a perfectly round sun that takes up the left side of the screen until you get past the 2nd pit area.
    Anyone else see this? I was using S397 GTE & GT3 with some 3rd party skins. I made sure all the cars had graphics, no white cars.
    upload_2019-9-11_22-32-1.png
    this next image shows something that was not visible in real-time. As the sunspot fades, it reveals a ? over the starter stand object. But all I could see when driving was the bright spot changing to stand just as I drove by. This ? only appeared for a frame or two before the Starter Stand was correctly displayed. But too late as it's visible from the moment you clear the Oak Tree corner.
    upload_2019-9-11_22-32-26.png

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  2. philrob

philrob Registered

Dave,
    simed adds this texture as !missing-texture.dds when an object is short a texture, to the best of my knowledge.
    I dont have this track so cant take a look.

3. philrob

philrob Registered

Dave,
    further to my last post i have found 2 versions 0.80 and 0.85 of this conversion.Neither of which show your problem?

The small pit building has a set of 2 lights attached one of which uses the HIGH LUMINANCE SUN shader a very bright shader.
    Not realy sure what the 2 lights are used for but seem to be not needed.
    Sorry i cant be more definite in the problem.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks for looking.

5. jymp

jymp Registered

Where did they get the idea there were mountains near VIR ?, I was there last Sat., believe me there are no mountains, plenty of tree lines though

Emery likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm from the Pacific NW, never been that far east. I've heard VIR is rather muggy. How was the weather when you were there?

7. jymp

jymp Registered

Mid 80's low humidity, nice, ....but there are days in the summer it can get high 90's, once in awhile 100's with high humidity, tough to race in

davehenrie likes this.
  8. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Yup
    upload_2019-9-28_21-39-31.png