Released Nürburgring (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@GrimDad Dunno if this will help or not... the other day on discord someone had the problem of server players count was still incorrect, his server was up to date and Christoper said to make a clean install and that solved his problem....dunno if yours is a clean install or not but maybe worth a try

GrimDad likes this.
  2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

@Goanna Thanks for the info.
    I've only had a SteamCMD server for 2 weeks so it's fairly new but will give it a try as I've run out of ideas.
    I used to host with a second copy of rF2 but I wanted to stop buying all dlc twice.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

@Lazza Thanks for the suggestion. I already do copy from my client pc to the server pc. I've even tried putting up a server on my client pc using the exact same vmod and it loads up ok.

@Goanna I just tried a clean install steamCMD server and still got the same error.

I really appreciate the ideas and suggestions guys.

Edit: @Lazza I miss read the post and thought it was copy rfcmp's and have since tried copying from my client installed/locations and still the same.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    McFlex likes this.
  5. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thanks a lot for the tracks ! Very good job. Now, I'm going to try the Porche cup, cool !

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The seconds have passed. The car has been released.

7. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

I have been looking forward to this track being released, wonderful job S397 it's a great drive.
    One little nitpick is the ambient Pit Sounds, really they are so old and annoying there needs to be a switch on/off for this stuff.
    Lastly a huge thanks to those guys that created "Nordschleife2" Com8, Pleclair, Mianiak and especially DJC and Tosch that polished it to near perfection, also the many others that contributed to the track over the years, your work wont be forgotten, alas it will slowly vanish into ether now, but thats life these days, thanks again guys. :)

DJCruicky, sg333, woochoo and 14 others like this.
  8. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

How is vram usage on nordschlefie with gt3 cars?

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

@Christopher Elliott The TV cameras are 4 but do not vary anything or almost nothing, that will be updated and will be different shots?.

10. EBJAW

EBJAW Registered

The best Nordschleife I have seen so far .... But !, It does not run, it jerks already at the exit from the pit lane, the load of the track takes and lasts, in the meantime, I could eliminate the vomit from my cat Tristan And make clean, smoke another cigarette, and she was still not charged, the Track has my PC collapse formally, because only helped the emergency exit. Not working anymore, even all the settings to the lowest level, whereby I still took a moderate resolution of 1920x1080, even leaving the simulation is no more. I was so frustrated that I uninstalled rFactor2. All other simulations like Race Room, Assetto Corsa and pCars 2 are working perfectly

11. Dirk Smielick

Dirk Smielick Registered

Great track. Best representation of the Nordschleife on the market so far! Just a slight suggestion: maybe it is possible to add some of the colorful night lighting installations of the several camps around the track. You can get a good impression of those if you watch some night onboard videos of the 24h event on youtube. This would be absolutely awesome and would add even more to the immersion.

gunner1483, sg333, BrianBosch and 8 others like this.
  12. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

+1

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

+1 to his +1

I guess I'll do my usual and reminiscence. VLM had a version of Le Mans for GTR2(I think it was that) and they had several night-time only off track items. Campsites with campfires and then lots of flashes from photographers. Some of that type of 'stuff' would be cool.

14. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

The interesting question is how to apply different weather to such a big track.
    Remember the final in recent past where the allready beaten Audi won in the last Moment switching to wets in last Second?
    The plugin Interface supports a niner matrix of sectors, but it was not finished in rf2 to work

memoNo1 likes this.
  15. BoskaPongen

BoskaPongen Registered

Just wondering if there is any trick to enable some kind of sharpening in rFactor (VR). Like iracing have.
    Got Nords perfectly dialed in but just lacking some sharpness. Great release BTW. :)

16. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Yeah sorry mate, you missed the Aussie sense of humour in that one.

davehenrie likes this.
  17. tpw

tpw Registered

To be honest although I was expecting the track to feel great, I was also expecting it to cost $40, expecting it to take longer to load than to do a lap, expecting it to look austere and/or cartoonish, and expecting it to run like @#$%. Pleasant surprises all round, thanks Marcel and team!
    I've given sim racing a rest for a few months, Nordschleife on rF2 is a great way to get back into it.

memoNo1, xerofer, pkelly and 2 others like this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

wasn't the first time I "missed' something.....won't be the last either.... ;>

JimmyT likes this.
  19. Binny

Binny Guest

Is there any info on if we buy this layout will we get the other layouts for free ? As it might be worth waiting for those if i have to pay for them and buy as a package.

20. Goanna

Goanna Registered

From the release notes

Binny and memoNo1 like this.