Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Thank god, I'm a modern simracer. The dancing feet is too much for me, reason why I was never able to race the Flat 6 mod properly :p
    It's a buy for me then

Sebastien Sestacq and buddhatree like this.
  2. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

Enjoying the challenge this car brings, it is a blast to drive around Nürburgring. Great job & thanks to 397, keep up the great work!

chisco85 and muzikant like this.
  3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I think there is simply missing the typical buzz in the Porsche. I hope you (S397) is still there.
    But that's really whining at a high level .

And yes the braking distances are really brutal. It's just great fun.
    How do you want to top that?
    NoS and Porsche Cup that's really awesome !

4. Mauro

Mauro Registered

flat6 is one of the best mod for rf2 for me

andrea_274 and Alexandr Meshkov like this.
  5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

It is a nice mod but because it doesn't have auto-blip I was nowhere near fast with it

6. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

My Porsche Cup adventures at VIR !

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

is it me or the car oversteer too easily ?

8. xerofer

xerofer Registered

Well, the ai at 100%, 90 aggression is total failure in this car at Nords. Every car just wrecked in multiple places.

Couldn’t you have just waited another week tweaking this damn thing S397.

A total disappointment to me after the excitement yesterday...

Stop rushing things!

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@xerofer 90 aggression might be too high?

AMillward, John, hitm4k3r and 2 others like this.
  10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

this car might be the best paid car from S397
    i m really happy
    driving the car at Sebring is heaven
    after Tattus success another one came
    well done guys

11. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

For me, this car is incomprehensible, untranslatable and goes head to tail with each braking. I prefer the "Enduracers" version
    Translate from french with deepl.

Alexandr Meshkov likes this.
  12. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Nice. Bit of a learning curve after the other GT3 cars, but in a good way.

Mauro and muzikant like this.
  13. tpw

tpw Registered

I wasn't expecting to like the Cup Porsche much but I'm pleasantly surprised. It's a real handful, not just a point and stomp affair like its GT3/GTE variants, and once the back starts to come round you're pretty much @#$%ed. After a few dozen laps it does start to come together and becomes a challenging and rewarding drive. Brake early and straight, don't ease off the throttle in corners too much, don't put the power down too early. I've had a few really good races at VIR, Oulton, Portugal and Ibarra, and with the AI set below 95% you get a sense that your opponents are struggling with the car as much as you are!

The liveries are tip top and the car gets bonus points for not missing the yellow stripe on the steering wheel and triggering my OCD. Any chance of a steering wheel transplant into the GT3 Porsche?

Reiche, biancazzurro, memoNo1 and 2 others like this.
  14. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Just had great races against AI at Oulton Park and Imola 72. The AI at 100% is super competitive and it is hard to keep up. In this car, a single mistake in braking or racing line and it is usually game over, although you can sometimes recover the situation in some cases. Car is very unforgiving, at least in its default. The opposite of regular GT3/GTE that even non-sim people could pickup rather easily and drive reasonably fast. But the Porsche Cup is really rewarding when you can keep it on track at good pace consistently.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    memoNo1, gunner1483 and muzikant like this.
  15. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

It does and it seems to do it under turn-in which is strange. It should be more prone to throttle on oversteer out if the corner and crab walk like most Porsche’s do.

mesfigas likes this.
  16. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

fixed

memoNo1 likes this.
  17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Then you are propably locking the breakes and throwing the car into the corner too fast. This is where the heavy rear end will overshoot you. If you drive it like a 911 should be driven, you will notice that the car has exactly what you are looking for - understeer on corner entry and throttle oversteer on corner exit. I have seen quite a few people spinning, me included while being too early on the throttle.

I got to say the car feels pretty brutal and much more like one of the old ISI cars. It's pretty unforgiving and kills you if you aren't on your toes and fast enough with your reactions. At the same time it will kill you if you aren't smooth enough with your inputs. To sum it up: it's great to finaly get this car, as I have been waiting for it and getting a good lap is pretty rewarding. The model looks good, the liverie selection is nice and the sound is pretty realistic. I am a big fan of the Porsche Cup races and it's pretty spot on.

McKiernan, Levelup1, muzikant and 3 others like this.
  18. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Thanks, but either you missed one or I'm misunderstanding something in your news release.
    https://www.studio-397.com/2019/09/porsche-911-gt3-cup/
    According to Porsche the 3.8l engine delivers 460hp @7500rpm, 10 more than its predeccessor... ;)

19. TJones

TJones Registered

Took me quite a while to get used to drive this car (somewhat) properly. Wasted some time with much to high tyre pressure at the beginning, no idea why pressures are that high by default. This alone gave me roughly one second at Nuerburgring GP. Also reduced camber at the rear a bit which made slides more controllable. Now after some 60-70 laps complete, i made a 2:02.1(Nurb GP, medium grip, some 40+ litres fuel) which is pretty good for my capabilities. :)
    About driving/physics, i think tyres still lacks a bit of drop off with increasing slip angle. Just like GT3/GTE cars. I have to drive the car pretty hard, also slide it a bit, to get some proper laptimes out of it. Which isn't normally my style of driving.
    The AI cars are very fast, not to say to fast here. With 96% (i think) their fastest time was 2:01.2.
    Sounds are pretty good, matching the real one pretty well i guess.
    The car need some more practice then, for example the Porsche GT3. But if you're adapted its fun.

20. Stevy

Stevy Registered

It's sad that we get the Cup with perfect yellow line on the wheel, while the GT3 has, over 9 month after release, still nothing!
    Also the sound of the Cup is bad. It's not good and not even ok, it's bad.
    You get constant buzz or hum when driving like it's bad audio recording.
    Also while shifting the is no sound. It's really strange. The sound overall is really bad on this car sorry to say this.

Marisa, tlsmikey and xerofer like this.