Track Conditions

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by vegaguy5555, Sep 15, 2019.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Is there a way to set track conditions without having to save? I like the Targa Florio but it looks and feels like I'm driving on a gravel road. Is there any options?

2. lagg

lagg Registered

If the track doesn't have real road presets you'll have to create one.
    Load some IAs, accelerate the time (ctrl+x) and save the real road when you like it.
    The next time that you load track you'll have to select your real road preset

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Because the track is so big can I just leave the ai going on their own for a while?

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Yes. You can change the realroad scale as well, so it goes faster.

vegaguy5555 and lagg like this.
  5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Thanks guys.

6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

So I have been running about 50 ai for an hour a night for days now and still hasn't changed at all. Still have gravel road dust for about a mile behind. I did notice the ai however, don't have dust trailing behind. And I know I didn't have this problem before I reinstalled it. I guess I'll try a reinstall?

7. Brent

Brent Registered

Do you have realroad set as "Autosave" for the initial practice session and then "naturally progressing" for all sessions after (qualify, warmup, race, etc)? You have to config each session with naturally progressing (realroad rolls over to the next session) or you can use a saved preset as mentioned above. If it's set for green, the realroad will automatically start over with no rubber.

In the player/userdata/ and then track folder there is a .wet file. After you've made your session(s) settings and exit RF2. It should look something like this when you open it with a txt editor. You can manually edit this file too.

The gravel road dust you see from the cars I'm pretty sure is configured within the track's gdb or tdf file. I don't believe real road has any effect on how much dust is kicked up. Realroad only affects tire grip and the visual rubber on the road when the realroad is configured correctly for the track.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    vegaguy5555 likes this.
  8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I'll have to check but I think it's on realroad?
    The dust seems extreme and I don't remember seeing that in any other track. The new Nordschleife for sure doesn't have dust with the same settings unless there are in track settings I don't know about?