Rf2's Skybox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mister dog, Mar 19, 2019.

1. mister dog

mister dog Registered

You're right, buddy of mine pointed it out to me this evening as well with a pic, and I actually spotted her myself now when I gave Nur the day/night transition treatment :D. I realised the sun is just quite small in Rf2 hence why I hadn't spotted it so far. You really have to hit the exact angle where it lowers over the horizon in order to spot it in the distance (with realistic FOV settings in cockpit view). Looks like half the size of the real sun when it sets to me.

It also shows in the way the remaining light is reflected over the track when it is sitting low in the sky (between 9 and 10PM ingame). Seems like the Rf2 sun hands out half the strength as well in those conditions. Mind you that's only during those transitions as during daytime the lighting and contrast seems fine.

And yes you're exactly right about changing weather effects, the skies just remain kind of bland and you don't really have a sense of what is going on with the weather.

Reiza took that route with AMS2, not a bad move if they are able to combine it with their physics model as the eye candy is already there.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

There won't such a thing like "their" physics model in AMS2. They have to use what Madness engine offers, wich looks better on paper. What they get out of it needs to be seen.

3. Filip

Filip Registered

They said some cars drive better in AMS2 than in AMS.

4. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Pretty sure they won't throw all their previous data overboard though :D.

5. enduser

enduser Registered

SOL sun is fake looking, orange sun that high in the sky not even close. If anything rf2 sun is too big, to mimic the effect of sun/moon looking bigger right above the horizon i presume, plus only then its visible when you re driving so its fine as it is. What needs fixing is the sky trembling at x5 time at the day to night transition, clouds & ...midday time shadows...

In both original AC & rf2 sun looks very good imo , in AC i experimented with light in a custom hdr preset and got very warm & cozy colours at 6pm but in the noon its was too yellowish (like some iracing tracks) so i deleted it, if you dont automate these settings during the 24h cycle they re pretty much useless. Anyway it was for experimentation mostly.

A cool effect is iracing clouds casting shadows in the track, but i dont find it that important, i guess u might miss it when u re used to it but i dont play iR.:)