Please help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonno, Sep 26, 2019.

1. jonno

jonno Registered

Hi.
    Im trying ti run a dedicated server from a 2nd pc i have i have installed rf2 through steamCMD iv got everything right installed content cars and tracks in the right folders. now this is were my problem lies.. When i go to create a package using mas.exe i can pick location and cars but when i go to package and install there is no track location to pick and no teams to pick in cars im loosing my mind here iv uninstalled reinstalled trued diffrent combinations and for the love of god it wont work wtf am i doing wrong...please please help...

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

when you go to do the mod package close steam first

3. jonno

jonno Registered

I dont have steam installed its the dedicated rf2 installed so steam is not running as i dont have it.. My other pc is litraly a server with only rf2 installed.
    I use mod manger to install mods i have now installed them in the installed folder bin32 bin64 core folder and still when i go to mas.exe it shows installed mods but when i go to package and install there is no teams or locations showing so i am unable to package and install

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your working folders aren't set right.

@jonno sorry for the brief response, I couldn't remember the specifics and I knew I wouldn't be able to quickly find a thread detailing the solution, and I was heading for bed. Glad it's all sorted now :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  5. jonno

jonno Registered

Ah ok any ideas how there suposed to be set.????

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

upload_2019-9-26_21-3-29.png

So working folder should be your server's rF2 root folder (in my case D:\steam-rf2-dedi) and packages obviously the packages folder.... hit the "B" button and navigate to server's rF2 root folder and same same for packages..... you'll then have to re-install content and re-do the vmod

juanchioooo and jonno like this.
  7. jonno

jonno Registered

Thanks ill give it a go and report back if im sucsessful or not lol im betting the latter one lol...

8. jonno

jonno Registered

Cracking that worked man thanks.. Only problem now is it dont see my mods lol it sees everything else but not the mods i created with custom skins in it... Any ideas or will i need to reoack them on the server pc..???

9. jonno

jonno Registered

Ok so that was short lived i managed to get the mods installed but still continue to get no mod installed im obviously over looking something but what.. 20190926_214836~2.jpg 20190926_214900~2.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Are you starting the server via desktop shortcut or directly from bin64 folder? You should be starting from desktop shortcut...so if you haven’t already, create shortcut then right click on the shortcut and select properties....in the target line at the end add a space then +path=".." and save.

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. jonno

jonno Registered

I tired that and i cant add the ".." Says cant contain thoes characters

12. jonno

jonno Registered

Haha sratch that now a new error lol this is going soo wrong now i have msvcr110.dll is missing from your computer wtf

13. jonno

jonno Registered

Ahhhhaaaaaa its ok was just missing microsoft visual c++

14. jonno

jonno Registered

Yes guys thank you soo much now just need to open ports iv done that many times thank you soo much.

Lazza and Goanna like this.
  15. jonno

jonno Registered

Just on the same kind of note but any reason why i cant see any of the base content ie cars and tracks.. And when trying to run my own mods with custom liverys i cant install becouse they dont show would i need to package them on the server pc.???

16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

jonno and juanchioooo like this.
  17. jonno

jonno Registered

Cheers man ill have a play later..
    Can you awnser my other question lol..
    Regarding mkds made with custom sikins not showing in mod manager so cant install.???

18. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I’m suspecting the content that you have based your custom skin mod on is not installed.

jonno likes this.
  19. jonno

jonno Registered

Ahhaaaa and youd be right lol something i never thought off tbh thanks your a star..

20. jonno

jonno Registered

Great guys thanks for your help.. I do have another bloody error now.. I install mods create mas file for servers and it loads up nice the thing is all the cars i pick it only shows a few in the car selecton bit i pick bmw astra honda mg ford merc and out of all of them the bmw and astra refuse to show in car selection. Is it just a corupt download or am i doing something iv tried to uninstall redownload reinstall but still thhe same any ideas