Server wont launch anymore

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Danny Vincent, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Danny Vincent

Danny Vincent Registered

I have been hosting private races so me and a friend can have a bit of fun against the AI for the past year or so, mainly using the S397 GT3's, but all of a sudden I'm no longer able to host a session.

I go through the hosting a dedi server (world icon on the launcher), select the mod etc, once I hit the 'Load Track' button, the game matcher screen comes up for approx. 3 seconds then disappears.

Unfortunately, im no expert on PC's (this is my first year on a PC after many years on console gaming) so I don't really know how to trouble shoot the problem. Its been working flawlessly up until now.
    Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to rectify the issue?
    Thanks in advance for any help guys

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Have you done a port check to see if they are still open?
    I also had an issue where my modem kept re-assigning my internal IP so I had to reserve it. All was well after that.

3. Danny Vincent

Danny Vincent Registered

They port forwarding rules are all still there, is there a way to test if they are still open? I have also checked my IP address which seems to be fine

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Just google port checker. there are a few

5. Danny Vincent

Danny Vincent Registered

Oddly, I deleted my multiplayer file in the User data folder, restarted RF2 and the server launched. My mate joined me and we had a quick drive around before we exited and closed the server. Tried to launch the server again immediately afterwards and had the same problem as before. Very strange!

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Maybe validate the game files.

7. Danny Vincent

Danny Vincent Registered

I tried that in the first instance. Thanks for the suggestion though, really apprecuate the help. I so hope all this nonsense is simplified when the new UI and competition structure is finally launched

nonamenow likes this.