Logging Out-of-Realtime Physics Freezes [public-test]

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 19, 2019.

1. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Log file from LIBR0
    Thanks;)

2. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

Attached Files:

3. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado Registered

Had a 7 seconds long freeze during a 2h race in Le Mans. All graphics aside from player were at lowest settings with no AA and GPU on energy hungry mode.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R_8_ubjaa53o6ct4xXQzjOpy7V7L7Z1o

This race had many other bugs, but will post them in a separate thread.

Ps. Files are uploading after I posted, so if you are a ninja and look about a hour after the post you might not see it:D

4. Lorenzo Arisi

Lorenzo Arisi Registered

I had a 10 secs freeze in qualy session during the 2h VEC preseason race.
    Logs, trace and replay posted below. Freeze is at position 2215.

Freezes have gotten worse since 1115, i got one in every practice session i was in, but not in the actual race. Running on lowest possible settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5gs8lf3romddih/VEC.D1.Q.Le.Mans.rar?dl=0

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  5. Luis Fruiz

Luis Fruiz Registered

Hello, im having trouble with some freezes, here is the file where i got this problem, freeze its at the ending of this session
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2u1461dqh... Layout P1 11_V5__RealTimeLogging_PT.rar?dl=0

every time it freezes, the steering wheel starts to force towards the left side, in the replay it doesn't freeze, you can see that the car starts to go backwards, every time it freezes, here's the video.

i hope this can be useful, sorry for my english.

6. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Hi, I had 2-3 seconds of severe freezing at around 21:05 gmt +1, the same time that a log file of which I attached is generated. It happens every time it is generated.
    I understand that I should not worry about this type of problem since in future versions the log will be disabled, right?
    hardware specifications in my profile
    Thank you ;)
    https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AAC_xr5GUL8LZWKGb8p3Q9M8weg4TBAPsds

7. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

8. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

9. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

10. Michel Gulpen

Michel Gulpen Registered

Hi all,

Yesterday during the 2nd VEC preseason event @silverstone i suddenly warped into another LMP2 behind me. Files can be found here: Link

To give a bit more context, last year during VEC season 11 i have had the same issue as this during the le mans 24h on an older le mans version. Last week we run on the new le mans version and all was ok. Yesterday however i did have the same happing to me as last years le mans but now on a different track.

My system is a I9-9900K with 32GB of memory an intelSSD and a AMD R9 290 GPU.
    No plugins but i use Simhub.

I hope that something can be found from the logging, especialy if it is something on my side which i can change.

11. Numrollen

Numrollen Registered

So, i tested now all 3 settings. pimax, Rift and 3 monitor on singleplayer GT3DLC + Sebring DLC. Pimax is higher resolution but steamvr is reducing it. So its not exact but nearly the same.
    Pimax 5K+: 45fps (never get up to 90fps)
    Oculus Rift: 90fps stable
    3 Monitor 5760x1080: 190fps (175-205fps)

The 45fps on the pimax: I even upped the res 100% up and still getting 45fps and only 50% gpu load. No difference when sliding the res slider. It only get better quality but performance is everytime the same. When i test with very low res (1200x1400, lower then my rift) is looks very ugly. still getting 45fps and under 50gpu load. compared to 5760x1080 from my 3 monitor i dont understand it. With my Rift it is smooth. Yes on bad tracks it drops sometime to 45fps (what is also VR related because with 3 monitor i never drop down)

3770K @ 4,2Ghz all Core, Vega64 OC, 16GB Ram, SSD. Most settings in rF2 off, only track and vehicle details high.

On the pimax it set:
    "VR Projection Mode":1,

My LOGS (klick)

(i will update this post after next tests)

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Numrollen I'm not in a position to speak for the devs, but this thread is for realtime issues and stutters that are physics processing related, not fps performance.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Marcel told him on Discord to make the logs and post them here

Lazza likes this.
  14. joaopitaes

joaopitaes Registered

Hey guys,

As some of you might know some people experienced some problems with freezes on race 2 of VEC pre-season in Silverstone.
    During the race i had two freezes but only located one as it happened when i lost a position, the other freezes happened to me after the race and were caused by people leaving the server.

There is something interesting about my situation tho, this test-race as the first one i had problems with cars from diferent classes appearing to me as being my own class(LMHC) and most of them even had my team livery on them.

In the 1st race i believe all BMW M8 had this problem and appeared as McLaren Senna with my livery(all of them).
    After that i completly reistalled the game, unsubed the VEC mod from workshop, fired up the launcher and let it update. Then i closed the launcher and resubed to the VEC mod in hope it would fix the problem as well as trying to fix the "after watching replay stutters"(not effective btw :S).

In this one, the 2nd race the BMW's were ok, but i dont remember ever seeing any porsches or LMP2's, so all of those were either appearing to me as blanc LMHC or my team livery LMHC.

About mid of my stint i had this moment where i lost a position mid freeze:
    https://streamable.com/sptmw

This ones are the "standard" leave ones that happened after the race:
    https://streamable.com/2t5qx
    https://streamable.com/odgxb

I believe every timestamp is on the videos as it is a replay.
    Ill let you guys the replay file as well as the log in this link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gu1Ics03ej7YE8bka4hm09YYFvuAxDTG

Thanks for your work and good luck finding and solving the issue!

João Pitães

Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Guys, it is common knowledge that if you are using too high in-game and other gfx settings you get CPU bottleneck in rF2 no matter which CPU you have which gives you lower GPU load (usage) and low FPS.

Some third party tracks are poorly optimized and don`t give 95-100% GPU usage no matter what you do.
    Use S397 tracks when you are optimizing your settings.
    0 AI.jpg

16. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado Registered

I have started running the game with everything on low and doing even further tweaks to increase game performance and my posts here, and most of the VEC drivers as well, show that it isn't as simple as running the game in lowest settings.

17. Lorenzo Arisi

Lorenzo Arisi Registered

18. lagg

lagg Registered

19. Lorenzo Arisi

Lorenzo Arisi Registered

lagg likes this.
  20. yashiman

yashiman Registered