Nordschleife

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason Mullin, Feb 15, 2019.

1. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I'm sure this has already been mentioned here but I can't find it...

Is the delay due to the fact they're implementing the 2019 scan data? A little bit has happened since the 2018 scan! :p

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ozzy likes this.
  2. Leynad

Leynad Registered

I actually hope it's the 2017 data since real drivers complained about a too smooth surface;)

mantasisg and kimbo like this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am also happy for an older scan, I don't think that difference will be very significant anyway. But I prefer it because it will have more character. It will take years for this new tarmac to develop some nice characteristic natural features. By the way will we get the one with flattened Flugplatz, or it will still be old steep sharp one ?

Thats some seriously thick tarmac layer right there.

5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Is it here????
    I can't wait any longer.............

memoNo1 and whiterabbit like this.
  6. Claude H.

Claude H. Registered

7. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

How about now???:D

8. lagg

lagg Registered

tic tac tic tac

memoNo1, bluet, txinas and 2 others like this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

this should speed up time beautiful

muzikant and vegaguy5555 like this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This might just be because it's the rF2 forum where people are very quick to state things as fact, but I find myself wondering:
    • compared to what?
    • can you tell how thick the tarmac is from that shot (separate from the binder, and the base, or are you combining the binder and surface, or all 3)?
    • what experience are you drawing on in order to make a statement like that?
    :p

Dady Cairo and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Compared to a street where I live, which is about to be paved finally, and I already can see that there is no way that it will have at least a third, probably not even quarter of that thickness lol, I count all layers os asphalt, everything above sub-base gravel agregate, and by the looks of that picture there are more special layers above the sub-base. In the pic it looks like it is more than 200mm thickness. I am graduated structural engineer, though it does not include building roads for me, but I am able to look up for some schemes in google very quickly :D

12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I saw an engineer who was straight out of uni, greener than grass, inspecting a deck before the concrete pour.
    It quickly became obvious to us, with great bewilderment then amusement, that he was all theory with no practical real world experience when he measured to check the 200mm grid spacings of factory made plain old reinforcing mesh.
    So even though he may have been an engineer, to us he was dumb as dog shit.

Remco Majoor and bluet like this.
  13. enduser

enduser Registered

ok this thread is gold

just rf2 things

What, championship, were? We aint got a championship mate, this is driving simulator not a championship simulator.:)

Online kids stop harassing the offline kids pls! :D

Unfortunately this is what sims have become, devs/producers see this works so you got the dlc business growing, UIs n stuff dont earn immediate money and not the same amount, with nords alone luminis profit maybe even reach something like rf3 early access (dont forget for new game you also need new licenses).

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

A scan just prior to resurface is very best as it should have the most character

The new re-surface starts to degrade again over the years & becomes similar before being re-surfaced again

15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

| sorry for offtopic here now

@ADSTA It is true, it doesn't mean anything, especially when there is huge difference between the content of studies and actual difficulties to pass the exams, not even mentioning "diploma mill" institutions, which IMO all of them are at least at some level these days. I have graduated from what is supposed to be "proper" uni, still I think it is not. Terrible overload, which you basically pay to be taught and then if it is too much to digest then you are force fed. Majority is heavily cheating, but thats even better for uni because this way they can push even more credits to sell (they measure disciplines by semesters with credits), so they almost always forgive cheaters if they try to catch them in the first place, if people would magically stop cheating so much students would fail and they should reduce loads, naturally would make less money then. There was nearly NO PRACTICE, literally, few weeks of group practice, where you hardly gain anything, then few summers of minimum a month of practice which you have to find yourself, and lots of students just get certain signatures and lie. No wonder the only really important thing when you look for a job is your experience in years in proper work position, if it is bellow a 1 year, you better be already born pro, or have relatives/friends to push you into position (and thats probably half of the students that has this perspective from what I have seen), because no one will trust you for such responsibility. Thats my reality, there are few places in big towns, where bigger more modern enterprises offer places for greener than green engineers to grow, which is a problem if you are in smaller town, and it is getting to the level where you almost pay to be able to do work.

Speaking of situation that you described that indeed does sound stupid, he really should have known the measurements before the mesh was laid to its projected position, actually it should have been known before it got to the site in the first place. Maybe the guy just had an idea that it could possibly be 180mm instead, maybe there was 180mm mesh nearby too and had an urge to do a last moment check. If by some accident you guys would put 20mm thinner reinforcement, or in wrong position and there would be signs of failure during exploitation and inspection would reveal that issues comes not from projected plans and calculations, but from construction mistakes, then he would be f***ed.

I think construction workers and engineers should respect each other, not call each other dog shit stupid for stupid reasons. And I did hear quite a few of inflated ego engineers talking about construction workers without respect.

bluet likes this.
  16. enduser

enduser Registered

I agree with this, we need Monza too before it gets re-surfaced and your back doesnt hurt in the back (no pun was intended ...initialy :)) straight in a sim, all good.

Old Toronto tho (indycar), it hurts just watching the replay.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  17. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Registered

Will it be sold this month?
    You have been rescheduled many times and I feel very depressed:(

18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I do not think we'll get it today. I am quite disappointed !

memoNo1, McFlex and whiterabbit like this.
  19. Bernd

Bernd Registered

???

20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered