Nordschleife

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason Mullin, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

19 pages to talk about a track that is not yet released. :D

David O'Reilly likes this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

19 pages in just a few months, it's true that it's huge!

This is related to the huge interest for this track and the wait that has been long since 2012 for fans.

David O'Reilly likes this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

In fact there was way more talk about Reiza pack, or at least posts in general, in its thread before it was released. I guess it doesn't have to be pointed out what it tells about simracing communities these days. Basic algorithm - "gimme gimme" > ok now I got it and did few laps > "gimme gimme" next thing. Much hobby.

By the way Nordschleife will hit 100 years anniversary in next decade. What I wanted to say is that it was released a long time ago lol

Emery likes this.
  4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Fun fact is, that even iRacing supports moving trees. The reason why it isn't implemented in rF2 in the public build is propably due to the fact that wind is not active atm. I think and hope that this will come with the work on the environmental features, that Marcel talked about in the big RD interview. But that's for the time after the UI release. Given the fact that the einvironmental features weren't erased in the new UI, it gives me hope that there will be serious improvements on that front.

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I would guess that it is because of performance.

6. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

If that's a shot of the track, that's really disappointing. I mean look at the grass growing in the cracks, they're not even the right color green!

Watching that video of the trees moving at Monza, I was expecting them to start walking across the track - "The Ents are going to war!"

As far as the price, I'd hope for the same price as Le Mans. As long as it's not priced in squid.

As far as the grass and trees, what about the stars?!? Will it have the correct constellations in the sky? Will it have the sun rise in the east and set in the west? Since the track will be raced on for 24 hour races, this is much more important.

mr.Sw1tchblade and kodnin like this.
  7. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

before the stars, s397 need a true sky, for the moment the sky looks like a game from 1995.....

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

SKY ? You look at the sky while driving the car ?!!!!1

Ok I am just joking :D

I had an epic time yesterday in Sebring with 1967 Lola T70 from dawn till full darkness, just epic. One time I paid good attention to the twilight sky as I was taking a short rest driving through backstraight. What I saw was a sky that does indeed look like from old video game, it looked low resolution and lacking depth, though sky is always matching the lighting quite well and looks genrally well if you don't actually think about it... of course I soon forgot about the sky because, first of all, I had incredibly good time chasing the pace, and second - the darkness soon got it hidden. it is just one of many many rF2 things that could be polished better IMO. Every detail deserves love, and sky is huge detail that sometimes is covering more than half of the screen view (though of course it is not a single detail, as sky itself has various details, or at least should have). Some people here will mock you for being picky about these "unessential details for simulation", but that is one of many reasons why rF2 has as many players as it has.

@Bill Worrel Don't forget animals. If deer never jumps into a track, I am not buying it.

9. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

it's not really exagerrated, but rF2 looks like that for me :

immersion, immersion....
    I've checked, AC competizione has the beauty stars by night ;), so lovely game....

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

By telling anything and exaggerating a lot, you risk discrediting yourself for your next posts.

The rF2 sky is not ugly at all, far from it.

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

On the rF2 forum the players will find rF2 beauty ;)

12. lagg

lagg Registered

Do you think that in the Grand Prix forum the players will find Grand Prix beauty?
    Are you calling stupid to the rF2 players?
    Do you play rF2?
    Just asking.

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

If you look at the stars in a SIMULATION, or if it's the prority for you, i'm sure you're second half of the standings in a championship...

McFlex likes this.
  14. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

This kind of argument is terribly wrong

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

It's only on his level... ;)

Anyway this has some kind of "logic", i'm in this business for some time now to know exactly that the graphics legion are usually those who race for "fun", not to win races...

McFlex and muzikant like this.
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Where else you could look at while going through eau rouge ? Or in topic Nords, into fluglpatz ? :D

17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

rF2 is a racing simulation and not an astronomy simulation. I would agree, would it be important using stars to navigate through Nordschleife.

Dookie, McFlex, vegaguy5555 and 3 others like this.
  18. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Some of current 5479 Le Mans subscribers will agree trees and skybox doesn't matter in racing games. Me not included.

19. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

20. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

trees, sky, dust, spark, all the beauty effects and graphics add for me the immersion....and since I've played with ACC, rF2 feel liveless, static and old....but I understand many people don't need or want better graphics/effects....