Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am rubbish at scheduling my time, but I will try to join, I think I have intended to do it in the past as well as some other rF2 planned online races, but eventually just failed. I will try to be there next Saturday.

Eddy likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's all the rest of us do :p

Time zone will be an issue for you. UTC 11pm Saturday is race time currently. I try to jump on around/after mid-week to check I have the content, then turn up an hour before the race to warm up. I'd allow an extra 30-60 mins if you don't know the cars, just to get in the groove.

But it's pretty late for eastern Europe.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yeah, I just checked that it is 2:00 AM for me, I usually go to sleep at 1:00 AM, and sometimes at 2:00 AM, I guess I could stretch it out for some Saturdays. How long does the racing last ?

Also hopefully I wouldn't be pinging too much.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

30 minute practice, 30 minute qualify, 5 minute warm up, 30 minute race.
    Pings don't seem to stop some good bumper to bumper Aus vs USA battles.
    Hope to see you on track, preferably in my mirrors.

mantasisg likes this.
  5. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Next race is 23:00 GMT. That's when pracci starts anyhoo. 30 min P, 30 min Q, 5 min WU and then 30 min RACE! And of course the odd bits of minutes between sessions so the whole deal plus debreify chat last about 2 hours. Anyone's welcome, best to get some time in on the track and the car if you want to be competitive.

6. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

In a month, or so, when you guys set your clocks back (Not talking to my friends from Ausi-Land) I won't be... That means that races will staring an hour earlier for you folks...

See ya on the track!

Bryan

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Glad to hear it :p

An hour earlier would be a struggle. Of course most of Aus will move forward a bit after that so will be an hour earlier, luckily we have stupid cows in our state so we don't change.

*Oops, got that completely backwards. It will be an hour later. I'll leave that unedited as another reminder of my own stupidity (sorry cows, all is forgiven)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Emery and nonamenow like this.
  8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

See what happens when you live in a state that listens to the cows.....:p;)

9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Mooooooo cow is confused.
    If Brian's clock isn't changing and us non time travelling cowpoke aren't changing our clocks, cow says we still race at normal time Lazza.

Nothing like a certain country and how they look after their natural fibre producers. :eek:

10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

It seems I forgot how time does weird things when you're in holiday time zone. :confused:
    An hour difference is easy to forget.
    I didn't muck around. I did the whole LeMans24 times worse. :D
    At least I was a day early and not late.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you aren't on tomorrow we'll know what's happened :p

Just reread my post and realised it does sound like I was talking about me/us there. I meant the southern states will be racing an hour later, not earlier, when they change. We don't change, indeed - and probably just as well or we'd both miss it!

ADSTA likes this.
  12. Eddy

Eddy Registered

sorry @jimc i felt your love tab but didn't see you so i think i pushed you in the wall. really sorry man. Also sorry @Johncook. otherwise again a great friendly race. had to sandbag a lot to get to the finish without pitstop but in the end regardless the mistakes i made, 3rd place........

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@ADSTA maaaaaaaaaate lol

Fun racing, bit of an incident left me in the fence outside T1 on the first lap but everyone other than Paul was having incidents all race so I had some great close battles with most of the field, got involved in another one with Eddy & Soldier Boy & I think someone else, finally got back into 2nd place and was touch and go on fuel... well, actually, had no chance on fuel so was readying for a pitstop but didn't want Paul to relax too soon, then he made a mistake which might have made it a fight if I wasn't going to run out of fuel, but then his engine died during his pitstop.

Thanks to all those incidents we ran one lap less than expected and I made it to the end without stopping - just.

Good, clean, courteous racing, think I managed to avoid tapping anyone except Paul at the start who accidentally started in 2nd and bogged down (which was funny in hindsight, once I hadn't managed to punt him off the track). I think we had all 3 types of cars running and times were surprisingly tight.

14. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I was there for a while but not even a Dato at Toban was helping this sad ol' sack spuds motivation. :oops:

15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

@ Lazza, If you had of informed me pre-race that you'd be having all those incidents I wouldn't have had to go out so hard and waste fuel:p
    26 min and didn't make a mistake, did a 720 and lost a 20s lead....Pitted for fuel and strangely as the timer hit finished my engine died. All fun tho. I bask in the glory of having a 25s lead. Unheard of.....:eek::)

16. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Paul was off in a league of his own. @Eddy: no prob. I felt responsible for at least one contact and was trying to get you going in the right direction, but it didn't work. :( So I slowed to let you by a couple times. Good racing. Thanks. I pitted early thinking everyone would definitely need to stop and went down a lap. Then, even tho damage was set at zero, something weird was happening with my left front and right rear after hitting a curb. I tried to fix it with another stop, but no luck. The 510 just couldn't keep up with the flying Toys.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just for everyone's info I'm in contact with Dazzer regarding the issue above with FFB/suspension after kerb strikes, pretty sure I've found the root cause but not really my place to go into details as they're his cars. For now I'll just say that the default setup is much less prone to this (needs a huge collision, not a normal kerb strike) which will be why I haven't had the issue except when I really really tried.

Dazzer is working on the cars and I'm certain an update will fix the issues, but for now it's best to limit suspension adjustments.

*Back to F3s by the looks, so all good. And Watkins Glen! Nice!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  18. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

I completely missed the whole thing, forgot it was Saturday and missed it.

19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

@ Tucker...LOL
    We have the Lolas (280 & 290) on the server @ Watkins Glen Short (with Bus stop) atm. This may change at some time or they could be Bryan's choice for next race.
    T280 is in the workshop and T290 is at RaceDepartment.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

still waiting for the Can Am T-260.... I'm a patient man.....lol....
    I won't mention that Sir Jackie was less than enthused with that Lola.
    [​IMG]