Iracing in 2019

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Alcolo, Oct 8, 2018.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I think they are snobbish and especially over-confident about their sim being above others in all aspects. My theory is that since they pay so much more, they expect everything they get is premium quality(including underlying physics engine, tire model etc.). Tire model is actually a good example, because iRacing has been struggling with it for years and most users not only haven't noticed any issues (or wouldn't acknowledge), but if anything, were defending it. It was also apparent since AC was released, when many people said it had significantly better handling at and over the limit (and that hard doesn't mean more realistic or hadrcore).

Edit: My theory is that since they pay so much more, they expect everything they get is premium quality

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    juanchioooo and patchedupdemon like this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Yeah they do treat it as if it’s a special club because of the cost, there’s a couple of guys over there that won’t admit faults even after the dev fixes them.

The very fact that if you try to keep your tyres warm on the outlap can slow you down by second or more says it all for me

3. Louis

Louis Registered

4. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Barcelona, new Silverstone and the new Audi RS3 TCR bought. The Audi feels very good, there must be plenty of development hours invested for it. I bet it will have a big fanbase. Seasons starts on Tuesday, I will join.

5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

@avenger82 well, nothing is further from reality ... but they love to pay for something regular

6. Patrick Schumacher

Verstappen, Norris, Thiim, Seyffarth and and and would probably disagree.:D

I always wonder what the problem is if someone prefers a different sim. All of them have their strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    mr.Sw1tchblade and ADSTA like this.
  7. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

...and these people, must've got too much time in their hands

Never understood the fanbase and from my experience with them, don't want to either - got sick of their tedious better than thou "iRental is best" mentality and I don't have time nor a 9-5 job to warrant playing

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

not impressed with the new tire model
    AMS is miles ahead

tlsmikey likes this.
  9. Patrick Schumacher

In which regard?

10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

driveability in general
    much more engaging plus better for FFB
    it feels more alive than iracing

11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I think Verstapen or Norris have many economic problems ...:D:D;)
    Everyone must choose the sim they like best, that has nothing to do with the quality of what they buy;)

Rui Santos likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

when I am only annoyed by some people, it is when they complain about a rfactor DLC, ... and they have no problem paying $ 12 per car for iracing, ...:confused::cool:

Highlandwalker likes this.
  13. Patrick Schumacher

Sure?
    My experience is the best advertising a product can have is connected to its quality. If this would be missing, I can't imagine that approx. 6,500 of players are online at the same time like yesterday evening. Especially if this racing costs much more money than everywhere else.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  14. Patrick Schumacher

Don't know if those people are all iRacers. But this repeating discussions are ridicolous. Either they are children or don't understand how business runs. All in all the pricing of rF2 is very fair. Of course, you need some money but sim-racing is not the cheapest hobby obviously.

juanchioooo likes this.
  15. Filip

Filip Registered

And repeating discussion about iRacing pricing is ridiculous too.
    If you cannot afford iRacing then don't! It's not something every person must have access to.

Do you see me complaining about Ferrari price? No.

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

What is ridiculous, is that they complain about the "rfactor" DLC, and then compare it to iracing. which is infinitely very expensive, it seems good to me that everyone uses the sim they want! ...

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

how egocentric are you!, perhaps I accuse you? ..., if you have doubts read the forum, you will see the amount of complaints about the payment of the DLC, then those same people, compare Rfactor with iracing in other posts !.

There are people who, because they pay, think they have the best, in many cases it is not like that, that being said, everyone chooses the sim they want!:);)

Rui Santos likes this.
  18. Filip

Filip Registered

First of all I wasn't responding to you directly but was talking in general, you sound offended?
    And I agree that it is ridiculous if someone who plays iRacing complains about rf2 prices.

What I was trying to say is that all this pricing comments are annoying, whether it be iRacing or RF2 prices.
    I could understand if those posters are kids and teenagers, are they?

Too expensive? Don't buy it.

juanchioooo likes this.
  19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

offended ?, no!, at all, I do not feel offended!, nor do I intend to offend anyone, but it is absurd to complain about the price of the DLC in rfactor, and then you see the same people speaking in favor of iracing.
    there is no problem here:);)

avenger82 and Filip like this.
  20. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

Shortly before I aborted my 5+ years iRacing membership I posted a humorous ment post in the iRacing forum where I advocated for iRacing to make some kind of tire model test if they could licence rF2´s TM for a short while.
    My proposal was that they should make it possible to select either iRacings or rF2´s TM as an experiment - inside the iRacing environment.
    And then end this test with a poll where members could vote which TM iRacing should use in the future.
    Hehe I was very close to be banned and recieved a lot of rather nasty PM´s afterwards.:rolleyes:

juanchioooo, Rui Santos and mesfigas like this.