Seriously how long now please?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Jun 6, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

trees? We've seen how long it takes just to get some RACING issues fixed and folks want the staff to stop correcting racing issues to fix the trees? I fell in love with St. Jovite just due to the piss-poor 32 color backgrounds we had in the day of Nascar 2 & 3 mods. I'm not saying environment is not an immersive factor, but there is such a long long list of items to fix or improve with rF2 that trees, and for that matter, grass, just seem inconsequential. Even the skybox is rather bland compared to many of the other sims, but I"M NOT LOOKING AT THE SKY when I'm racing. Great for screenshots, wonderful for creating those WOW moments, but again. Not racing. The issue with trees may be something as simple as just not liking the style of whomever was tasked to create them. I dunno. But I'm not all that invested in trees. Probably because I grew up racing tracks with flat walls painted to look like trees, (unless you slid off and could then see the vast blue space of nothing-ness behind the tree looking wall.)
    So if they can improve the trees, to your's or anyone else's satisfaction, then great. But man. Fix the hidden joints that rocket cars to the moon on curbing. Fix the AI tailgaiting for an entire lap before pitting. Fix the cars not being able to drive two by two under yellow. Fix the online bug that needs fixes to the fixes to keep servers from grinding to a halt. Fix the PBR graphics so the insides display as much tactile information as the outside views do. Fix the carsets so I can join a freakin' server without downloading the cars I already have, or the tracks. Trees are style, grass is style, the color of the pavement is style, I'd like to see my pitboard telling me where to stop. I'd like to see my online pitcrew fixing the things I broke. I'd like substance fixed prior to style. Then if we can get the candy...yummy! But soup first.
    (ok, even I have limits...;) I just downloaded those garishly brilliant Grellow Aston skins from 2018. I want to drive the GTE without my dashboard telling me I'm still in a GT3.)

Leige, bwana, Remco Majoor and 2 others like this.
  2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

This ^

I'm 51 and racing online is a young man's game :) I'm not at all interested in the new competition system.

I just want custom offline championships and good AI with a proper mid-session save for endurance races.

3. J7166

J7166 Registered

I agree, I've had just as many good races with AI in rf2 as I have in iRacing against other people.

Hazi and buddhatree like this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I'm 53 years old, I don't think playing online is for young people,, and I never play against the AI, I am interested in the competition system, I do not want offline championships, I think it is a waste of time

bwana likes this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

You mix some ridiculous feedback dodging with some ridiculous hidden wishlisting. :D

I bet you have no idea at all about track modeling. Trees are incredibly easy to improve comparing to everything else what you have wishlisted, and also it doesn't even interfere with those things, for obvious reason.

1. Who said that they want the staff to sto stop doing what they do till trees are improved :D
    2. You for sure arent lookign at trees, not looking at sky, you probably don't even see it. Why they even waste time on "style" ?
    3. There is only one style, getting things to look realistically.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    mr.Sw1tchblade and Rui Santos like this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

I don't understand the confrontation between offline and online.
    I don't play offline (and i'm 50 in a league with an average bigger than 40).
    But i want to have a good IA.
    A good IA will atract people and some of them will play online, or both.
    A good competition will atract people who will play offline too.
    Every improvement is good for all.
    The same with the trees, sky, etc.
    We are all on the same side.

Atsuki, John, VirusGR42 and 5 others like this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think it is because some are mostly online only, then soem are almost offline only players, and there is a little of rivalry who is going to get most love from the developer. Just naturaly. I personally feel slightly worried when lots of time is being spent at developing things that I am not going to benefit from, but just understand that the sim is not being built specifically for me :D

(don't tell devs, but I am always progressively secretly pushing a bit for classic cars)

memoNo1 and lagg like this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

Hahaha
    We didn't notice that.

bwana likes this.
  9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Ok, then I expressed myself wrong. There are online players and offline players (no matter what age). Both parties love the same game. Why do not you just respect each other?
    So I'm out of the discussion .

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

why are people mixing details like trees ( art team ) and AI ( coding team )?
    dang you cant be this stupid

On the AI thing I wonder if a dev ever tried to add a small delay to their actions, something like the average reaction time of a professional racer to make them more human like
    Wish they had done the Reiza update at least, if AMS AI could defend would put rF2 AI on the dirt easily. Not like the defending is a big deal tbh, you force them on the outside and they give up the position

LokiD likes this.
  11. Filip

Filip Registered

You got everything wrong :);)

David Kolody likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

must be:);)

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I'm intersted in the competition system, but I also like to race offline because I know there will be things I want to race that won't be online. V8 Supercars especially.

Love you Australia but I'm not getting up that early :p

bwana likes this.
  14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Geez there's some old buggers in here lol Is rf2 the jeriatrics sim of choice lol I'm 41 so I'm almost there ha

If rf2 new online is as good as iracings system then ill go online, but everything I've tried playing outside of iracing online was a shit fest of rammers and noone with a inch of race craft.

David Kolody and juanchioooo like this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

62, started with Indy 500 the simulation, EA Sports F1 game with the Ferrari on the cover, GP2, Indycar, Indycar2, Nascar 2,3,4 etc(offline GT mods like TPTCC which migrated to online and the grand Bullrun 1000 with driver swaps before driver swaps were even considered by Papyrus), GPL, Soda Offroad, SCGT, Briefly dabbled with iRacing's beta called Hawaii, but then basically ignored ISI for time, but the GT Mods brought me over. Worked with the SSM team for a time. Helped convert the SCC mod to GTR2, spent way too long on that. Dabbled with rF1, joined the Indycar group for a while, the option tire was my contribution, did physics and calendars for the rF1 based A1GP, had special physics for Mexico city and two races per event with defined pit windows, Worked on the Grand Am mod for rF1 but thought an aero problem was causing stability issues when really it was a bad tire choice.)(got replaced before that finally came out.) beta tested ARCA and converted the Litres of fuel to how many gas-cans.(got my name in the credits for that one) Kept modding SCC GTR2 way too long until I finally burned out. Been slowing re-engaging with rF2. I will never mod again, far too complex for me these days, just a user now.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Ari Antero likes this.
  16. Emery

Emery Registered

Why, yes, it is. Didn't you see the poll results?

juanchioooo likes this.
  17. Depco

Depco Registered

Never run in any rF2 leagues? Plenty of good racing and race craft there.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Some public rooms are also mostly respectful drivers. Don't know until you try.

Of course the occasional random drop in will be an idiot, but that's part of the fun... ? :confused:

19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yep, the Fanatics run a public server and the racing there is top notch. Like Lazza says, the occasional random dropin but that's part of it.:)
    I'm 62 btw.

20. J7166

J7166 Registered

I'll race Supercars with you, if you want to stay up late, 8 pm EST, not sure where exactly you are. ((Insert Pity me gif for sad non-Nascar driving American sim racers :())